PDA

View Full Version : 1975

HITMEN OF 77
01-01-2005, 01:06 PM
Being that I love the 1967-1975 era of Sox baseball I thought I would post this up for some who may not have ever seen this. I was looking through my 1975 (yes '75 that's not a typo) to see how times have changed in 30 years for Sox ticket plans.

Single game box seats $4.50
Single game reserved seats $3.50

They had a 5 game plan, which also got you a 1 playoff and 1 world series ticket. $17.50

14 game plan
Box seats $63.00
Reserved seats $49.00
Res parking book $28.00

2 different 25 game plans
Box seats $122.50
Reserved seats $87.50
Res parking pass $40.00

Group night, $1.50 off groups of 40 or more

chisoxmike
01-01-2005, 01:10 PM
That made me cry.

PaleHoseGeorge
01-01-2005, 01:17 PM
You want a complete overview of prices at Old and New Comiskey Park? You came to the right place (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=3&id=2052).

Sox Fans, who loves baby?
:cool:

johnny_mostil
01-01-2005, 01:23 PM
Being that I love the 1967-1975 era of Sox baseball I thought I would post this up for some who may not have ever seen this. I was looking through my 1975 (yes '75 that's not a typo) to see how times have changed in 30 years for Sox ticket plans.

They had a 5 game plan, which also got you a 1 playoff and 1 world series ticket. $17.50

14 game plan
Box seats $63.00
Reserved seats $49.00
Res parking book $28.00

Box seats $122.50
Reserved seats $87.50
Res parking pass $40.00

The average baseball player in 1975 made $44.676 a year, or 10,000X a box seat. The average ballplayer makes $2,313,535 today, which means a box seat should cost $231.35.

I thought I'd check to see what they cost in certain cities. The Yankees 2005 box seats are sold out for the season already. The Red Sox want $85 if you can find a ticket. We all know what the White Sox want.

Ya don't like ticket prices? Write your congressman to outlaw corporate welfare, ticket scalping, and fake labor unions misusing labor laws.

PaleHoseGeorge
01-01-2005, 01:47 PM
Personally I just want a $0.25 Fox DeLuxe beer. Or how about a Jumbo Soxburger, $0.50 circa 1964?

I could afford to go to the ballpark a lot at those prices.
:wink:

ssviland
01-01-2005, 01:50 PM
I know that a Sox game is one of the most affordable pro sports tickets in America, at least in this city, but it is crazy that since 1994, when the Sox last had good attendance and competed with (and often surpassed) the Northsiders in attendance, that ticket prices have more than doubled.

In just the past two years, a bleacher seat has gone from $14 to $22, and in three years a lower deck reserved (closer bleachers, really) have gone from $15 to $24. These are the seats my family of 6 usually sits in. Three years ago I took my family to about 5 games. The past two seasons I took them to a total ot 3 games. It just isn't affordable anymore, and all but my oldest son are just as happy seeing a Cougars game.

I still hop on the "L" and catch a few games by myself, but professionaly sports is becoming an event for rich people. Sure, we middle class can catch a game or two, but the best seats now go to corporate pig heads. Parks seat fewer people at a higher price, and folks like me can sit in the upper deck. (Well, we do try and catch the $1 kids days, but you have to get there hours early; and when I take the family we hit the Monday games for half price.)

When I was a kid I got to go to about a dozen or more games every year, both Sox and Cubs. We would buy a Box Seat for $7 at Wrigley or $5 at Comiskey, often buying them on game day. That really wasn't a lot even then. Other times we would buy a bleacher for a buck at either park.

Those days are gone and my kids pay the price. I guess that's why Elfstrom Stadium is always full. We peasants can get in the door without taking out a mortgage!

TommyJohn
01-01-2005, 03:03 PM

14 game plan
Box seats $63.00
Reserved seats $49.00
Res parking book $28.00

Box seats $122.50
Reserved seats $87.50
Res parking pass $40.00

How about we turn back the clock to 1967?

Box seats $3.25 children under 12 $2.50 Ladies' Day $1.75
Reserved $2.15 children under 12 $1.40 Ladies' Day $.65
Grandstand $1.50 children under 12 .$75 Ladies' Day Free

Official White Sox jacket $7.95, $9.95 for adult men size 36-46

some concessions:

Hygrade Red Hots .30
Lazar's Kosher Red Hots .40
Jumbo Soxburger .50
cigarettes (!) .35
cigars .10, .15, & 3/.50

Soft Drinks .15 & .25
Hamm's Beer bottle or draft .50
Beer-Imported (Waldeck) .75

And some of the "fine talent" in the farm system in 1967 and touted by
the program I am referencing:

Jimmy Stewart
William Voss
Buddy Bradford
Rich Morales
Ed Herrmann
Cisco Carlos
Steve Jones
Danny Lazar
Carlos May
Gail Hopkins
Paul Edmondson (chilling to look at his picture and to know that he will die a
couple of years from then)

As far as all the prices, well. I realize that "The Good Old Days" were
anything but, but it's still fun to look back at what the world was like
back then compared to now. I mean, if time travel were possible, I
could take one of my paychecks back to 1967 and live like a Roman
Emperor.

HITMEN OF 77
01-01-2005, 03:27 PM
How about we turn back the clock to 1967?

Box seats $3.25 children under 12 $2.50 Ladies' Day $1.75
Reserved $2.15 children under 12 $1.40 Ladies' Day $.65
Grandstand $1.50 children under 12 .$75 Ladies' Day Free

Official White Sox jacket $7.95, $9.95 for adult men size 36-46

some concessions:

Hygrade Red Hots .30
Lazar's Kosher Red Hots .40
Jumbo Soxburger .50
cigarettes (!) .35
cigars .10, .15, & 3/.50

Soft Drinks .15 & .25
Hamm's Beer bottle or draft .50
Beer-Imported (Waldeck) .75

And some of the "fine talent" in the farm system in 1967 and touted by

Jimmy Stewart
William Voss
Buddy Bradford
Rich Morales
Ed Herrmann
Cisco Carlos
Steve Jones
Danny Lazar
Carlos May
Gail Hopkins

As far as all the prices, well. I realize that "The Good Old Days" were
anything but, but it's still fun to look back at what the world was like
back then compared to now. I mean, if time travel were possible, I
could take one of my paychecks back to 1967 and live like a Roman
Emperor.
Bradford, May, Hopkins and Herrmann all turned out pretty good for the Sox. Edmondson could have made a big impact with the Sox. Good pitcher, even though this record didn't reflect it.

TornLabrum
01-01-2005, 03:46 PM
Bradford, May, Hopkins and Herrmann all turned out pretty good for the Sox. Edmondson could have made a big impact with the Sox. Good pitcher, even though this record didn't reflect it.
I am the sole member of the Gail Hopkins fan club.

HITMEN OF 77
01-01-2005, 05:45 PM
I am the sole member of the Gail Hopkins fan club.
How do I join? I'd like to see him and Bobby Knoop come to Soxfest sometime. The Sox should have never traded Hopkins to KC, but Pat Kelly had some good seasons for us. I think he wore some of the baggiest pants back then, Hopkins that is.

TornLabrum
01-01-2005, 06:13 PM
How do I join? I'd like to see him and Bobby Knoop come to Soxfest sometime. The Sox should have never traded Hopkins to KC, but Pat Kelly had some good seasons for us. I think he wore some of the baggiest pants back then, Hopkins that is.
You're now a member.

Medford Bobby
01-02-2005, 03:44 PM
:bandance: I'm taking names for the Walt "No Neck" Williams Fan Club.............:redneck

batmanZoSo
01-02-2005, 03:55 PM
I know that a Sox game is one of the most affordable pro sports tickets in America, at least in this city, but it is crazy that since 1994, when the Sox last had good attendance and competed with (and often surpassed) the Northsiders in attendance, that ticket prices have more than doubled.

In just the past two years, a bleacher seat has gone from $14 to $22, and in three years a lower deck reserved (closer bleachers, really) have gone from $15 to $24. These are the seats my family of 6 usually sits in. Three years ago I took my family to about 5 games. The past two seasons I took them to a total ot 3 games. It just isn't affordable anymore, and all but my oldest son are just as happy seeing a Cougars game.

I still hop on the "L" and catch a few games by myself, but professionaly sports is becoming an event for rich people. Sure, we middle class can catch a game or two, but the best seats now go to corporate pig heads. Parks seat fewer people at a higher price, and folks like me can sit in the upper deck. (Well, we do try and catch the $1 kids days, but you have to get there hours early; and when I take the family we hit the Monday games for half price.)

When I was a kid I got to go to about a dozen or more games every year, both Sox and Cubs. We would buy a Box Seat for $7 at Wrigley or $5 at Comiskey, often buying them on game day. That really wasn't a lot even then. Other times we would buy a bleacher for a buck at either park.

Those days are gone and my kids pay the price. I guess that's why Elfstrom Stadium is always full. We peasants can get in the door without taking out a mortgage!
I generally go only on half price nights and end up paying like 10 bucks for a ticket to sit in AWESOME seats in the upper deck behind home plate. Hell, I remember one night last year against the Twins I payed 6 bucks. That's highway robbery on my part.

In my opinion, the only place to sit unless you have skybox or lower level dugout area (season ticket only) access, is the upper deck behind the plates and dugout. Even on say a Wednesday, it's a good price.

johnny_mostil
01-02-2005, 04:10 PM
:bandance: I'm taking names for the Walt "No Neck" Williams Fan Club.............:redneck
I'm President of the local chapter of the Leonardo Sutherland fan club. If you want to join, send $100 cash c/o general delivery to my place of residence and I'll send you your membership kit, which consists of a Post-It note with Leo's career batting statistics carefully hand-scrawled on it and an index card that says "You've been suckered".

Brian26
01-02-2005, 04:43 PM
I'd like to join the Rusty Kuntz and Dave Stegman fan club.

Brian26
01-02-2005, 04:45 PM
I generally go only on half price nights and end up paying like 10 bucks for a ticket to sit in AWESOME seats in the upper deck behind home plate. Hell, I remember one night last year against the Twins I payed 6 bucks. That's highway robbery on my part.

In my opinion, the only place to sit unless you have skybox or lower level dugout area (season ticket only) access, is the upper deck behind the plates and dugout. Even on say a Wednesday, it's a good price.
I agree with you 100%. If I'm going during the week on a whim, I really enjoy sitting up there. You really get a great view of the entire field. If you're trying to really lose yourself in the game, this is the perfect place to sit.

Medford Bobby
01-02-2005, 09:54 PM
:redneck There has been little or no interest in starting Kevin Bell, Harry Chappas and Mike Caruso Fan Club chapters......but Nyls Nyman:tongue: ??

SOXSINCE'70
01-02-2005, 10:07 PM
ME ME ME ME!! Can I apply too????:D: :D: :D:

Legend had it that Harry Caray was fond of this phrase
when speaking of the White Sox outfield allignment:

"We got no thumb (Carlos May) in left,'No Neck' in center,
and no clue in right".:D: :D: :D: :D:

HITMEN OF 77
01-03-2005, 01:32 AM
What about the Bob Spence and Gerry Janeski fan club?

TDog
01-03-2005, 12:11 PM
How about we turn back the clock to 1967?... And some of the "fine talent" in the farm system in 1967 and touted by

Jimmy Stewart
William Voss
Buddy Bradford
Rich Morales
Ed Herrmann
Cisco Carlos
Steve Jones
Danny Lazar
Carlos May
Gail Hopkins
I came to age as a Sox fan with the Angry Young Men of 1970. I don't know why Buddy Bradford never lived up to the hype as a do-it-all star-in-the offing, but there are stories for most of the guys mentioned there. Danny Lazar hurt his arm. Paul Edmondson could have been a good big-league pitcher if he had lived for more than a late-season call-up. Carlos May is the star on the list, and, of course, what he had to overcome looms large in his legend.

And in 1970, with all Carlos May did just to be able to play baseball again, the Sox only paid him $20,000. Some people thought $3.50 for box seats was outrageous.

Semper Fi, Hussy.

TDog
01-03-2005, 12:20 PM
...Legend had it that Harry Caray was fond of this phrase
when speaking of the White Sox outfield allignment:

"We got no thumb (Carlos May) in left,'No Neck' in center,
and no clue in right".:D: :D: :D: :D:
That comes from a Cub fans' joke that predates Harry Caray's coming to the Sox in 1971. "The left-fielder has no thumb, the right fielder has no neck and the center fielder (Ken Berry) has no brain."

It is fact, not legend, that Carlos May was not fond of Harry Caray.

HITMEN OF 77
01-03-2005, 12:48 PM
I came to age as a Sox fan with the Angry Young Men of 1970. I don't know why Buddy Bradford never lived up to the hype as a do-it-all star-in-the offing, but there are stories for most of the guys mentioned there. Danny Lazar hurt his arm. Paul Edmondson could have been a good big-league pitcher if he had lived for more than a late-season call-up.
Lazar would have been good. I think Edmondson tossed a 2 hitter in his 1st big league game. He was also a very good hitter

Sox-on-TV44
01-04-2005, 11:33 AM
I know it won't be Stan Bahsen's name.Not after what "No Neck" did to his no-hitter in Cleveland in 1973!:tongue:

Sox-on-TV44
01-04-2005, 11:37 AM
While we're at it.How about "The Guy Hoffman Fan Club"!:smile:

Medford Bobby
01-04-2005, 05:02 PM
:bandance: Circa 1989 I was really stoked on Russ Mormon................:whiner:

TommyJohn
01-04-2005, 06:00 PM
:bandance: Circa 1989 I was really stoked on Russ Mormon................:whiner:
Um............................................Why? ????

Then again, I was at one time high on Joel Skinner, so don't mind me.

Medford Bobby
01-04-2005, 07:58 PM
:smile: Did Skinner get more games in with the Yankmees(yea I can look it up but I'm lazee)?? Was Brit Burns traded with him?? Who did we get in return?? And can 1985 really be 20years already:(: ???

2005 White Sox Baseball: Ammo stocked and ready!!