PDA

View Full Version : Home For Vazquez To Sox Rumors

34 Inch Stick
12-30-2004, 05:07 PM
Once he is traded to the D-backs I know they will start so I figured I'd create the clearinghouse.

RowandKicksAss07
12-30-2004, 05:12 PM
good call man, especially cause it seems that KW is in love with him. Did anyone else hear on the Score about the Sox making a formal offer to Pierzynski?

AZChiSoxFan
12-30-2004, 05:13 PM
Once he is traded to the D-backs I know they will start so I figured I'd create the clearinghouse.A good friend of mine was in the airport this morning and overheard KW on his cellphone talking about the trade. My buddy got close enough to hear KW say "yes, that's right, Konerko and Garland." Once KW realized that people were starting to recognize him he got out of there in a hurry. My friend is a HUGE Sox fan.

FightingBillini
12-30-2004, 05:19 PM
A good friend of mine was in the airport this morning and overheard KW on his cellphone talking about the trade. My buddy got close enough to hear KW say "yes, that's right, Konerko and Garland." Once KW realized that people were starting to recognize him he got out of there in a hurry. My friend is a HUGE Sox fan.
On a similar note, my cousin was in New York standing behind Bud Selig at Kenny Roger's Roosters. Selig said he was flying to Chicago to notorize the deal. He mentioned Garland, Vazquez, Ribby and Rhubarb.

soltrain21
12-30-2004, 05:20 PM
I am all for getting Javier in place of Garland. However, I feel like we might give up too much for him.

Having 3/5ths of Yankees rotation woudl be rather odd.

SOXintheBURGH
12-30-2004, 05:25 PM
Yeah it would feel weird having all of these former Yankee SPs, especially after all season everyone was saying that the New York's rotation "wouldn't be able to get it done in the post season."

tsamdog
12-30-2004, 05:39 PM
I am all for getting Javier in place of Garland. However, I feel like we might give up too much for him.

Having 3/5ths of Yankees rotation woudl be rather odd.
I agree....In fact, wasn't Konerko's name mentioned in a possible trade (then called erroneous). Also, I have read Sweeney's name as well as Anderson's as part of the package. Finally, Vasquez does not come on the cheap. There would have to be $ involved or........ a dropping of salary (i.e. Konerko). Any way you cut it, there would be much to give.

Johnny Mostil
12-30-2004, 05:39 PM
On a similar note, my cousin was in New York standing behind Bud Selig at Kenny Roger's Roosters. Selig said he was flying to Chicago to notorize the deal. He mentioned Garland, Vazquez, Ribby and Rhubarb. Not Ribbie *and* Roobarb!

I would support a deal that ships out Waldo the White Sox Wolf with cash . . .

PaleHoseGeorge
12-30-2004, 05:48 PM
On a similar note, my cousin was in New York standing behind Bud Selig at Kenny Roger's Roosters. Selig said he was flying to Chicago to notorize the deal. He mentioned Garland, Vazquez, Ribby and Rhubarb.
My source says your source is wrong. It's Garland, Vazquez, Ribbie & Roobarb, and a clown to be named later!
:cool:

:andy
"Go to HELL, SOX FANS!!!"

:maggs
"Took the words right out of my mouth, Andy!"

:R&R
"We're riding this trike right out town!"

:jon
"That's just the way I pitch... the joke is on you, eh Sox Fans?

MUsoxfan
12-30-2004, 05:49 PM
Not Ribbie *and* Roobarb!

I would support a deal that ships out Waldo the White Sox Wolf with cash . . .
Nah....Waldo, Garland and Bafia the batboy +$300k for Vazquez and any future rights to R. Alomar that they may acquire

Slow Mike
12-30-2004, 06:07 PM
A good friend of mine was in the airport this morning and overheard KW on his cellphone talking about the trade. My buddy got close enough to hear KW say "yes, that's right, Konerko and Garland." Once KW realized that people were starting to recognize him he got out of there in a hurry. My friend is a HUGE Sox fan.
Wasn't this posted a couple of weeks ago? It started a huge thread and everyone was calling your BS. Real believeable...

Jjav829
12-30-2004, 06:31 PM
Wasn't this posted a couple of weeks ago? It started a huge thread and everyone was calling your BS. Real believeable...
Yes, AZChiSoxFan was making fun of the post made by someone who claimed that his friend heard this. Teal is for jokes/sarcasm.

fquaye149
12-30-2004, 06:32 PM
Nah....Waldo, Garland and Bafia the batboy +$300k for Vazquez and any future rights to R. Alomar that they may acquire
DJ would be sad to be out of bafiarocks sig if this trade goes down

Lip Man 1
12-30-2004, 06:37 PM
I don't think Arizona is going to deal him unless he requests it himself. The D-backs have signed at least four free agents that I know of and spent a ton of cash. I think they feel they can now contend in that division. Vasquez would be a big part of their revamped rotation.

Lip

Chisox003
12-30-2004, 07:07 PM
Yeah it would feel weird having all of these former Yankee SPs, especially after all season everyone was saying that the New York's rotation "wouldn't be able to get it done in the post season."
True, but add Freddy G and Buehrle to that and that is solid, 1-5....Buehrle, Garcia, Vasquez, Contreras, El Duque? Thats outstanding, but it all depends what we give for Javy.....

I also heard these trade rumors from my uncle...Who heard them from his neighbor, who heard from his friend, who was on the bus with a guy who works at WMVP, who overheard a receptionist talking to the producer about a possible interview with KW on the deal

Mickster
12-30-2004, 07:15 PM
Yes, AZChiSoxFan was making fun of the post made by someone who claimed that his friend heard this. Teal is for jokes/sarcasm.
Hence the name SLOW MIKE. :D:

Kuzman
12-30-2004, 07:19 PM
:KW

"Since we want to acquire the Yankees pitching staff, lets bump up payroll to what the yankees spend"

:reinsy
*crickets chirping*

"hahahahahahahaha!"

PicktoCLick72
12-30-2004, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Chisox003
I also heard these trade rumors from my uncle...Who heard them from his neighbor, who heard from his friend, who was on the bus with a guy who works at WMVP, who overheard a receptionist talking to the producer about a possible interview with KW on the deal Um shouldn't we be calling the teal police?

I actually heard from my garbage man's hair dresser that the Deal was Nancy Faust and SouthPaw for Vasquez and $100,000 in monopoly money.

eshunn2001
12-30-2004, 07:54 PM
Um shouldn't we be calling the teal police?

I actually heard from my garbage man's hair dresser that the Deal was Nancy Faust and SouthPaw for Vasquez and $100,000 in monopoly money.NO f***ing way do we give up Monopoly money, Even if they throw in Glaus.

FightingBillini
12-30-2004, 08:41 PM
I also heard these trade rumors from my uncle...Who heard them from his neighbor, who heard from his friend, who was on the bus with a guy who works at WMVP, who overheard a receptionist talking to the producer about a possible interview with KW on the deal Um shouldn't we be calling the teal police?Sorry, we were on a donut break
:tealpolice:

doublem23
12-30-2004, 08:57 PM
I don't think Arizona is going to deal him unless he requests it himself. The D-backs have signed at least four free agents that I know of and spent a ton of cash. I think they feel they can now contend in that division. Vasquez would be a big part of their revamped rotation.

Lip
Amazingly, I agree with what Lip said. After last year's train wreck of a season, I think the Diamondbacks are frantic to turn things around as quickly as possible and not endure a lengthy rebuilding process. It would be awfully confusing if Arizona dealt Johnson for effectively Vazquez and payroll flexibility and then turned around and dealt away Vazquez unless a deal came along too good to be true.

jabrch
12-30-2004, 09:27 PM

I think more people here would be upset about trading Bafia (1) than about losing Garland. :)

JoseCanseco6969
12-30-2004, 10:55 PM
I think more people here would be upset about trading Bafia (1) than about losing Garland. :)
Well since we're on the topic of Bafia, I heard from my brother who knows him that hes not gonna be batboy next year, hes working in the clubhouse or something else to do with the Sox. this isnt official so dont start crying yet!
I agree though, Garland would not be missed.

tlebar318
12-31-2004, 08:13 AM

LipI think he will request a trade due to family issues. He already told the Diamondbacks that he really wanted to stay on the East Coast and the new ownership group said they "understood" his commitment to his family. I believe I read about this on CBS Sportsline when the 3-way trade with LA fell through. I wonder if Chicago is far enough "East" for him? :rolleyes:

Baby Fisk
12-31-2004, 09:32 AM
I think more people here would be upset about trading Bafia (1) than about losing Garland. :)LOL. She would be devastated. :nod:

tsamdog
12-31-2004, 09:53 AM
I think he will request a trade due to family issues. He already told the Diamondbacks that he really wanted to stay on the East Coast and the new ownership group said they "understood" his commitment to his family. I believe I read about this on CBS Sportsline when the 3-way trade with LA fell through. I wonder if Chicago is far enough "East" for him? :rolleyes:
Same thing that I heard. Strong rumors now that they (AD) are looking at a trade with the O's.