PDA

View Full Version : Eric Dybas Beaten at Home

Jerko
12-30-2004, 10:32 AM
I just heard a blurb on CLTV that Sox fan Eric Dybas got kneecapped and slashed while defending someone against a robbery or something. I can't find a link yet online but that's the quip I heard on the tube. Maybe robbing, hitting and slashing someone was just on the burglar's "list of things to do" huh Eric?

SaltyPretzel
12-30-2004, 12:24 PM
Serves him right. :supernana:

http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-umpattack30.html

TheArmyOfNeems
12-30-2004, 12:27 PM
You think those guys were sox fans?

Iwritecode
12-30-2004, 12:29 PM
Serves him right. :supernana:

http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-umpattack30.html

Why were they breaking into a vacant house? :?:

na_na_na_na
12-30-2004, 12:32 PM
Actually looks like this guy got his life turned around. good for him.

PaleHoseGeorge
12-30-2004, 12:39 PM
Actually looks like this guy got his life turned around. good for him. I agree. This is the first news I've heard about Dybas since he got jail time for what he did at the ballpark. He is a VICTIM in this crime and I think he deserves our sympathy.

Now, for a complete 180 degree contrast, look no further than that piece of **** William Ligue, Jr. That ******er has been in endless trouble of his own making (e.g. caught stealing a car radio) and yet the stupid sonofabitch judge keeps letting the worthless pile of **** off the hook to run amok over and over again.

My only regret is that the "burglars" didn't beat the **** out of Ligue. That's the ********er who has it coming. Then the bleeding heart judge can whine on and on about the injustice of it all...

:whiner::whiner::whiner:

Baby Fisk
12-30-2004, 12:44 PM
Now, for a complete 180 degree contrast, look no further than that piece of **** William Ligue, Jr. That ******er has been in endless trouble of his own making (e.g. caught stealing a car radio) and yet the stupid sonofabitch judge keeps letting the worthless pile of **** off the hook to run amok over and over again.

My only regret is that the "burglars" didn't beat the **** out of Ligue. That's the ********er who has it coming. Then the bleeding heart judge can whine on and on about the injustice of it all...
PHG, have you been watching Scarface over and over? There's steam coming out of the language filters. :o:

PaleHoseGeorge
12-30-2004, 12:46 PM
PHG, have you been watching Scarface over and over? There's steam coming out of the language filters. :o:
LOL! There were a few words I had to go back and add-in my own asterisks. The language filters are great for letting off steam-- but they don't catch everything.
:wink:

santo=dorf
12-30-2004, 12:51 PM
I'm sure :knue will be reporting this as "Sox" news. I'll check on www.chicagosports.com (http://www.chicagosports.com/) in about 15 minutes to see if I'm right.

I just read the article and noticed that he lives in Joliet. :noevil:
My neighbor across the street told me he is his cousin, so I'll see if I can get some more info on this.

DrCrawdad
12-30-2004, 12:58 PM
I just heard a blurb on CLTV that Sox fan Eric Dybas got kneecapped and slashed while defending someone against a robbery or something. I can't find a link yet online but that's the quip I heard on the tube. Maybe robbing, hitting and slashing someone was just on the burglar's "list of things to do" huh Eric?
http://sportsmed.starwave.com/i/magazine/new/umpire_attack_a.jpg
Cubbie fan, Ump Jumper Eric Dybas

Chicago Southtown article on Dybas recent run-in with the law. (http://www.dailysouthtown.com/southtown/yrtwn/swest/303swyt1.htm)
Chicago Sun-Times article on the recent run-in. (http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-umpattack30.html)

Tekijawa
12-30-2004, 01:23 PM
I wonder if this incident was worse or facing the Security after running on the field?

wulfy
12-30-2004, 01:32 PM
..... and yet the stupid sonofabitch judge keeps letting the worthless pile of **** off the hook to run amok over and over again.
:whiner::whiner::whiner:Your prayers have been answered, PHG:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/nearnorthwest/chi-0412070128dec07,1,1778662.story?coll=chi-newslocalnearnorthwest-hed (http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/nearnorthwest/chi-0412070128dec07,1,1778662.story?coll=chi-newslocalnearnorthwest-hed)

Among the notable judges leaving the bench is Leo Holt, 77, who was barred by age limit from running for retention.

Holt has occasionally found himself at the center of controversy. In 2001, he accused the Cook County state's attorney's office of being racist while complaining that prosecutors steered high-profile cases away from him.

Last year, Holt was widely criticized for sentencing William Ligue Jr. to probation instead of prison for an on-field attack on a visiting coach at a White Sox game. And in February, Holt drew the ire of Chicago police when he granted what they said was a low bond to alleged gang higher-up Kenyatta White in an attempted murder case.

MUsoxfan
12-30-2004, 01:32 PM
I wonder if this incident was worse or facing the Security after running on the field?

Mark my words...getting your ass kicked by all those off-duty cops in the drunk tank was probably the worst beating off his life. If I can think of 100 ways to get my ass kicked, the most painful way would be in the drunk tank at Comiskey

PaleHoseGeorge
12-30-2004, 01:43 PM
Your prayers have been answered, PHG: (http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/nearnorthwest/chi-0412070128dec07,1,1778662.story?coll=chi-newslocalnearnorthwest-hed)
Thanks for the link, wulfy. Glad to hear it!
:thumbsup:

I'm glad to know Holt was taken off the bench for being too old to serve. They ought to give him annual tests for his driver's license, too. Based on his recent rulings, senility has already set in.
:cool:

DrCrawdad
12-30-2004, 01:50 PM
It's always easy to second guess, but here I go. Why didn't Dybas just call the police and go inside his house? Is there any evidence that the house was broken into, or that someone attempted to do that?

danimal81
12-30-2004, 01:57 PM
It's always easy to second guess, but here I go. Why didn't Dybas just call the police and go inside his house? Is there any evidence that the house was broken into, or that someone attempted to do that?
Good call Doc,

I say he got beaten by someone he owed money to, and came up with this as a cover story. Make himself look like a hero when he is the same scumbag flub fan he always has been.

Iwritecode

The story does seem a little flaky doesn't it?

I'm still trying to figure out what they were going to steal if it was a vacant house...

Jabroni
Bad things happen to bad people.

PaleHoseGeorge
12-30-2004, 02:07 PM
Were any of you super sleuths there to witness what you've concluded is fishy about Dybas's story?

How do any of you even know he wasn't accosted before calling the cops?
:?:

Leave the investigation to the police investigators, okay? They're not amateurs at this sort of thing. And they're far less likely to make themselves sound like *******s drawing wrongful conclusions, too. <cough> Jabroni! <cough>

Tekijawa
12-30-2004, 02:10 PM
As long as we're drawing conclusions, I'm guessing it was a foiled alien abduction! They were probably trying to learn the Secrets of being a Cubs fan?!?!?

Jabroni
12-30-2004, 02:10 PM
[Post deleted by moderator]

Come back in a month when you've grown up.

DrCrawdad
12-30-2004, 02:14 PM
Were any of you super sleuths there to witness what you've concluded is fishy about Dybas's story?

Leave the investigation to the police investigators, okay? They're not amateurs at this sort of thing. And they're far less likely to make themselves sound like *******s drawing wrongful conclusions, too. <cough> Jabroni! <cough>

I'm just asking the question, which is reasonable IMHO. I have NOT concluded that Dybas made the story up. I just think it's reasonable to ask. Dybas did get wasted and then attack an ump so this isn't ruining the reputation of an upstanding citizen by asking a question.

If it turns out that it happened just as Dybas says it did, then fine. No loss to me.

PaleHoseGeorge
12-30-2004, 02:17 PM
I'm just asking the question, which is reasonable IMHO. I have NOT concluded that Dybas made the story up. I just think it's reasonable to ask. Dybas did get wasted and then attack an ump so this isn't ruining the reputation of an upstanding citizen by asking a question.

If it turns out that it happened just as Dybas says it did, then fine. No loss to me.
Speculate all you want. Others were drawing conclusions, and weren't above name-calling either... but that's a separate issue.

Baby Fisk
12-30-2004, 02:18 PM

Come back in a month when you've grown up.Well, there go his chances at the "quickest ever poster to achieve Elder status" record.

*Howard Cosell voice* "Down goes Jabroni! Down goes Jabroni!"

Tekijawa
12-30-2004, 02:20 PM

Come back in a month when you've grown up.
He could have had 4000 posts by the end of next month, maybe we could put an asterisk next to his post total when he returns.:tongue:

Iwritecode
12-30-2004, 02:21 PM

I could have happened exactly the way he described it but how many people attempt to break into a vacant house, see a guy next door sitting in his back yard talking on the phone and then go over and start attacking him?

The story says the men approached him, not the other way around.

There are too few details to draw any conclusion IMO. It will be interesting to see if there are any follow up stories...

DrCrawdad
12-30-2004, 02:41 PM
Speculate all you want. Others were drawing conclusions, and weren't above name-calling either... but that's a separate issue.

I'm just asking, not accusing. Victims of crime often face questions, and not just from the police, and comments from friends of, 'Hey, why didn't you do this?.'

About 11 years ago I was carjacked, gun stuck three inches from my head while I sat in my car waiting as a freight train passed. Anyway, when friends & work associates heard about what happened I had the pleasure of hearing all the things they would have done, "IF they had been in my shoes..."

If it happened as Dybas said, then I feel sorry for the guy. It stinks when someone is just standing there and then gets attacked without provocation.

http://www.cic-celebs.omegawebhosting.com/ppanther.jpg

SaltyPretzel
12-30-2004, 02:55 PM
It stinks when someone is just standing there and then gets attacked without provocation.

How ironic!

Hitmen77
12-30-2004, 03:00 PM
I'm sure :knue will be reporting this as "Sox" news. I'll check on www.chicagosports.com (http://www.chicagosports.com/) in about 15 minutes to see if I'm right.I expect to see a "News Update" at the top of the Trib's webpage soon that goes something like this. The Trib's print edition will follow with a story tomorrow:

Sox Fan/Comiskey Ump Attacker Beaten: Sox fan Eric Dybas, who was involved in one of the recurring acts of fan-on-the-field violence at Sox Park was beaten by burgulars yesterday. Dybas' attack of an umpire during a Sox-Royals game is remembered by many as one of a string of disturbing violent incidences at the South Side ballpark in recent years. His on-the-field attack came shortly after Sox fan Wm. Ligue and his son attacked a Royals coach during a game and remains a black-eye for a team struggling to fill empty blue seats at its unpopular ball mall located in a crime-riddled neighborhood.

JKryl
12-30-2004, 03:06 PM
According to the Sun-Times, he was standing in his back yard having a smoke when he noticed the three goofs next door. He just walked over and took his a** whipping..

But, yes, it does seem he turned things around so more power to him.

TommyJohn
12-30-2004, 03:09 PM
I expect to see a "News Update" at the top of the Trib's webpage soon that goes something like this. The Trib's print edition will follow with a story tomorrow:

Sox Fan/Comiskey Ump Attacker Beaten: Sox fan Eric Dybas, who was involved in one of the recurring acts of fan-on-the-field violence at Sox Park was beaten by burgulars yesterday. Dybas' attack of an umpire during a Sox-Royals game is remembered by many as one of a string of disturbing violent incidences at the South Side ballpark in recent years. His on-the-field attack came shortly after Sox fan Wm. Ligue and his son attacked a Royals coach during a game and remains a black-eye for a team struggling to fill empty blue seats at its unpopular ball mall located in a crime-riddled neighborhood. Your news update actually reads more like an article by....uh, the media troll.

DaveIsHere
12-30-2004, 03:17 PM
OK, I am really good friends with his cousin I will give him a call and see if he heard anything, he hasnt really talked to him since the night at the ballpark(they invited me to go, but I didnt go 'cause Eric was going to the game)

DrCrawdad
12-30-2004, 03:20 PM
How ironic!

Irony intentional.

http://www.library.vcu.edu/help/tilt/module3/images/referee.GIF

DrCrawdad
12-30-2004, 03:21 PM
OK, I am really good friends with his cousin I will give him a call and see if he heard anything, he hasnt really talked to him since the night at the ballpark (they invited me to go, but I didnt go 'cause Eric was going to the game)

Eric Dybas, Sox fan or Cubbie fan?

Hitmen77
12-30-2004, 05:26 PM
Eric Dybas, Sox fan or Cubbie fan?In the eyes of the media, it depends. If he's still getting in trouble, then he'll be reported as a Sox fan. If he's really turned things around for himself, then the media will point out that he's really a Cubs fan.

DrCrawdad
12-30-2004, 05:39 PM
In the eyes of the media, it depends. If he's still getting in trouble, then he'll be reported as a Sox fan. If he's really turned things around for himself, then the media will point out that he's really a Cubs fan.

You're right. Although the reason I asked is that "DaveIsHere" said that he knows Dybas. Dybas' now wife and attorney both reported that he was a Cubs fan, a point which many Cubbie fans still deny.

Parrothead
12-30-2004, 06:23 PM
I agree. This is the first news I've heard about Dybas since he got jail time for what he did at the ballpark. He is a VICTIM in this crime and I think he deserves our sympathy.

:whiner::whiner::whiner:
I have to respectfully disagree. Dybas or the Ligue do not deserve any sympathy. Because of these guys, people who buy upper deck tickets can not experience any of the amenities in the lower deck. I know that this is only a problem when the lower deck sells out but either way those goofs have ruined baseball viewing for generations and thousands of people in Chicago and throughout the World. So whatever happens to them them deserve.

PaleHoseGeorge
12-30-2004, 06:44 PM
I have to respectfully disagree. Dybas or the Ligue do not deserve any sympathy. Because of these guys, people who buy upper deck tickets can not experience any of the amenities in the lower deck. I know that this is only a problem when the lower deck sells out but either way those goofs have ruined baseball viewing for generations and thousands of people in Chicago and throughout the World. So whatever happens to them them deserve.
Thanks to a senile old judge, Ligue hasn't been punished for jack. Justice has not been served and the little prick keeps ending up in court charged with new misdemeanors.

By contrast, Dybas has served JAIL TIME for what he did at Sox Park. He hasn't been in any trouble of any kind since getting out and now is a VICTIM OF A VIOLENT CRIME but you lump him in with Ligue anyway?

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense...

santo=dorf
12-30-2004, 07:02 PM
You're right. Although the reason I asked is that "DaveIsHere" said that he knows Dybas. Dybas' now wife and attorney both reported that he was a Cubs fan, a point which many Cubbie fans still deny.http://www.nbc5.com/sports/2682786/detail.html

Dybas had been drinking the entire day of the incident, and his arrest served as a wake-up call, Kostouros said.

"Eric hasn't had a drink since that night," Kostouros said. "He's been real strong, working with sponsors at Alcoholics Anonymous."

As for Kazmierski's order banning Dybas from the former Comiskey Park, Kostouros said "He's a Cubs fan anyway." http://images.ibsys.com/2003/0417/2119984_200X150.jpg

"But USCF is the only ballpark that serves beer that is actually drinkable!"

:gulp:

Whitesox029
12-30-2004, 07:45 PM
I'm sure :knue will be reporting this as "Sox" news. I'll check on www.chicagosports.com (http://www.chicagosports.com/) in about 15 minutes to see if I'm right.

I just read the article and noticed that he lives in Joliet. :noevil:
My neighbor across the street told me he is his cousin, so I'll see if I can get some more info on this. Even better: my uncle and dad are good friends with his father. I'll see what I can find out as well.