PDA

View Full Version : Let's Get Back to The BASICS...

Keystone Combo
10-17-2001, 01:09 AM
I am tired of watching the kind of garbage the Sox have been playing for the past several years. It is well past time for the management of the White Sox to address the team as a major league team and start expecting that much from the talent that is put onto the field.

Our infield defense is absolutely terrible....yet they want to keep finding places for Jose Valentin, Jeff Liefer, and still tolerate the overated Ray Durham. Whatever happened to the "can't miss" prospect, Joe Crede. They didn't even let him play in September. This has become a joke..... we don't get A-Rod so we get their cast off who doesn't hit a lick for 3 months and drags the team down. Than we have to put Valentin in the outfield after another no-hit minor league prospect finally ends up in the minors. I mean we could have kept McKay Christenson and got better production, but no we got Valentin. You got to be kidding!!! We don't have a catcher......so we get a catcher who probably will be lucky to play 5o games next year....Sandy Alomar....damned it, we got the wrong Alomar!!! Roberto would have been a better addition......and so would Ivan Rodriquez next year at catcher, but forget it Sox fans he will cost too much and he will probably want to go somewhere where the effort to win means more than signing Bill Pulsipher!

There you have it....... no infield defense, weak up the middle, and I won't even talk about the way this team runs itself out of so many innings. Terrible baserunning....Terrible defense....Somewhat promising pitching if we can figure out why the rash of arm injuries to our pitchers.

The White Sox of the 50s and 60s had terrific defense, were great up the middle, had speed, good pitching and they above all knew what it took to win..........HEART!!! They fought the Yankees year in and year out.....and never went down without giving a fight. Bring back the defense.......bring back the baserunning.... bring back real baseball to the southside.....don't impress me with homeruns and hitters that can't field (Carlos Lee).... impress me with guys who play the game the way it should be.

Let every team beware the White Sox are back...... now all we have to do is tell management to do it like it used to be done... you know back in the days when the owner...... were really baseball fans too. We miss you Bill Veeck, boy do we miss you ever so much on the southside.

FarWestChicago
10-17-2001, 01:14 AM
Welcome to WSI, KC. It's interesting that you mention HEART but don't like the player who has the most of it on the Sox team.

CLR01
10-17-2001, 01:20 AM
This has become a joke..... we don't get A-Rod so we get their cast off who doesn't hit a lick for 3 months and drags the team down.

Welcome to WSI, prepare to feel the wrath of BMR for that statement.

As long as you praise Singleton i have no beef with you.

GASHWOUND
10-17-2001, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
Welcome to WSI, KC. It's interesting that you mention HEART but don't like the player who has the most of it on the Sox team.

What qualities does Jose have that makes him have more heart than lets say Pauly? or anyone else on the club. Pauly speaks outs when he doesn't like something, just like Jose. I don't get it. Is it the hussle? Well, I guess you could be right. But Pauly is not blessed with fleet of foot(shocker!)
Pauly has just as much heart than Jose.

:)

FarWestChicago
10-17-2001, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND

What qualities does Jose have that makes him have more heart than lets say Pauly? or anyone else on the club. Pauly speaks outs when he doesn't like something, just like Jose. I don't get it. Is it the hussle? Well, I guess you could be right. But Pauly is not blessed with fleet of foot(shocker!)

:) I'm sorry, I'm not allowed to talk about Manos on this board.

GASHWOUND
10-17-2001, 02:04 AM
we don't get A-Rod

KC, I was not depressed cause we didn't get A-Rod cause it would've been to much of a burden on the Sox's payroll. We need to spread out that money into other positions. Like Seattle. He leaves Seattle and the next year the team wins 116. He signs with Texas and you see what happened to Texas. He put up great #'s, but he's not the answer. We need Pitching, pitching, pitcing! Spend the 25 million that we would've had to spend to get A-rod and spend it all on pitching. Veterans pitching.
Signing Royce was a HUGE mistake and KW made a bad move there. But we wanted good D and he gave us good D. You say we have horrible infield D, but Royce was our best Defensive player. We want to get rid of Singleton but he's our 2nd best defensive player. Sometimes Us Sox fans have our priorities mixed up. We want perfect players. Great D player who can hit. We got two D players who can field, but can't hit that much. We have Jose who can hit, but can't field. What to do. How about we go to Comiskey and have a protest DEMANDING Kenny to go out and make a big trade or sign a outstanding player or we'll boycott the games. There, that ought make him sweat and force him to spend the cash.

Is that what its gonna come down to?

I'm going to bed :)

LongDistanceFan
10-17-2001, 05:56 AM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND

think paulie is more of a leader at his young age than anybody else on the sox. i think jose is a lot of hustle and when he made fun of shammie in wrigley....... that was the best and won me over.

Daver
10-17-2001, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
I'm sorry, I'm not allowed to talk about Manos on this board.

Who said that?I will be happy to give them a lesson in manners.