PDA

View Full Version : Johnson trade rumors active again...

doublem23
12-29-2004, 12:12 PM
Yankees still trying to deal for the Big Unit.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1954122

Baby Fisk
12-29-2004, 12:19 PM
It just means that the Yankees have come to the realization that no other team is going to be a part of this deal. Since DePodesta saw his life flash before his eyes in LA and backed out of a possible deal, the Yanks have probably had few other options to look at. Now Steinbrenner is forced into giving Arizona anything they'll take from within his own organization. I hope Arizona robs the whole damn bank on them.

tlebar318
12-29-2004, 12:23 PM
I still wonder if somehow Vasquez eventually ends up in a Sox uniform once the dust settles with RJ in New York...I can't see us giving Arizona Konerko for him anymore. Maybe Garland and someone else?

WhiteSoxFan84
12-29-2004, 01:02 PM
I still wonder if somehow Vasquez eventually ends up in a Sox uniform once the dust settles with RJ in New York...I can't see us giving Arizona Konerko for him anymore. Maybe Garland and someone else?
I doubt Vaz will be involved in the deal going to AZ. Remember in the 3-way deal, Vaz was ending up in LA.

kittle42
12-29-2004, 01:03 PM
I am so tired of this Yankee trade crap. Stupid ESPN.

:whocares

WhiteSoxFan84
12-29-2004, 01:10 PM
I totally agree Kittle.

Til it happens, who cares? It's "inevitable", so forget the rumors and all the crap. Wait til it happens and then we can talk about it.

tlebar318
12-29-2004, 01:54 PM
I doubt Vaz will be involved in the deal going to AZ. Remember in the 3-way deal, Vaz was ending up in LA.Actually that is what I heard the trade is--Vasquez and prospects and $$$ for RJ---

Hangar18
12-29-2004, 01:56 PM
The SOX will end up losing so many games next year 4-3, 5-4, 2-1 .....
*sighs*. But at least the ERA will be better .......

Hangar18
12-29-2004, 01:59 PM

heh heh, pretty funny. the Entertainment Steinbrenner Network
doesnt have anything else to talk about, unless the stupid cubs decide
to blow up another baseball .........

soxfan26
12-29-2004, 02:25 PM
I'm tired of it myself but there are not too many other stories on the Hot Stove lately.

kittle42
12-29-2004, 02:25 PM
heh heh, pretty funny. the Entertainment Steinbrenner Network
doesnt have anything else to talk about, unless the stupid cubs decide
to blow up another baseball .........
No...they can decry violence in the NBA, etc. and then shamelessly promote their NBA games on ESPN and ABC by saying "Will the Pistons and Pacers fight each other?" and "Will Shaq and Kobe fight each other?"

Asses.

Jabroni
12-29-2004, 05:07 PM
According to ESPN Insider, the Yanks will aquire Johnson for either Vazquez, Brad Halsey, Abel Gomez, Melky Cabrera and about $12 million in cash or Vazquez and higher-rated prospects Dioner Navarro and Eric Duncan and only including about $5 million in cash.

Rocklive99
12-29-2004, 07:44 PM
SI's website is saying that RJ has told his teammates that he is a Yankee, the deal is close to being done, but no details

WhiteSoxFan84
12-30-2004, 02:44 AM
According to ESPN Insider, the Yanks will aquire Johnson for either Vazquez, Brad Halsey, Abel Gomez, Melky Cabrera and about $12 million in cash or Vazquez and higher-rated prospects Dioner Navarro and Eric Duncan and only including about $5 million in cash. Who wrote that, Olney or Gammons? Sounds like Gammons, "ARIZONA WILL EITHER SEND A PLAYER, A BASEBALL, A TRUCK FULL OF CASH, OR ALL 3 TO NEW YORK FOR A BABE RUTH AUTOGRAPH, A BRICK THAT FELL OFF OF MSG OR A TILE PIECE FROM THE BATHROOMS AT MSG AND/OR A PHOTO OF THE BOSS".

About the RJ telling his teammates the deal is done, yup, I read it at CBSsportsline.com myself. Am I the only one beginning to dislike RJ the schmuck? I hope he goes to NY and gets a career ending injury in April. Then I want to see what the Yankees will do.

Here are the newspaper clippings via SI.com;

A deal that would put Randy Johnson in pinstripes appeared to be nearing fruition last night, with the Yankees and Diamondbacks hammering out final details. Although a gag order was in place with both teams, Johnson informed a few of his Arizona teammates that he was going to the Yankees.
-- New York Daily News

The deal would send pitchers Javier Vazquez and Brad Halsey, as well as two prospects, to Arizona for Johnson. The Yankees are basically letting the Diamondbacks decide what prospects they want included. If Arizona picks the two prospects the Yankees proposed giving them earlier in the off-season -- Abel Gomez and Melky Cabrera -- the Yankees will agree to kick in $12 million to offset Vazquez's contract. But if the Diamondbacks want the two higher-level prospects the Yankees were going to send the Dodgers in the three-team trade last week -- Eric Duncan and Dioner Navarro -- they will not assume as much of Vazquez's salary.
-- New York Times