PDA

View Full Version : Tampa Bay trade Idea

eshunn2001
12-28-2004, 06:01 PM
Ok this sounds almost like a wash but lets see what you guys think.

White Sox Get

Aubrey Huff
Rob Bell
Julio Lugo

Tampa Bay Gets

Konerko
Garland
Valdez
5 Million Bucks

Now sort of looks like a wash. But You get Huff who could play 1st or 3rd if Crede still sucks. you get Lugo who has speed and could Hit Lefties, When we play lefties Have him at short and Uribe at second. (or even have that full time) And Huff is Signed for 2 more years at under 4 million. Helps Tampa because thay could dump Konerko. Rob Bell is Jon Garland. This move Give us some flexability as well.

Whitesox029
12-28-2004, 06:09 PM

White Sox Get

Aubrey Huff
Rob Bell
Julio Lugo

Tampa Bay Gets

Konerko
Garland
Valdez
5 Million Bucks

Now sort of looks like a wash. But You get Huff who could play 1st or 3rd if Crede still sucks. you get Lugo who has speed and could Hit Lefties, When we play lefties Have him at short and Uribe at second. (or even have that full time) And Huff is Signed for 2 more years at under 4 million. Helps Tampa because thay could dump Konerko. Rob Bell is Jon Garland. This move Give us some flexability as well. Anything that includes Konerko looks like worse than a wash to me unless it also involves getting Carlos Lee back. Plus if I made a trade with tampa I'd want Crawford.

NonetheLoaiza
12-28-2004, 06:15 PM
no way

RKMeibalane
12-28-2004, 06:18 PM
Not interested.

MUsoxfan
12-28-2004, 11:22 PM
Konerko is a necessity to this team. Why are so many people hellbent on including him in "trade ideas"? It's a good thing nobody's ever close to right when they start these ridiculous threads

OEO Magglio
12-28-2004, 11:53 PM
I'd take Huff over Konerko anyday of the week, however we can't afford to give up Jon.

WhiteSoxFan84
12-28-2004, 11:54 PM

White Sox Get

Aubrey Huff
Rob Bell
Julio Lugo

Tampa Bay Gets

Konerko
Garland
Valdez
5 Million Bucks

Now sort of looks like a wash. But You get Huff who could play 1st or 3rd if Crede still sucks. you get Lugo who has speed and could Hit Lefties, When we play lefties Have him at short and Uribe at second. (or even have that full time) And Huff is Signed for 2 more years at under 4 million. Helps Tampa because thay could dump Konerko. Rob Bell is Jon Garland. This move Give us some flexability as well.
This trade offer makes my theory of Konerko being the most underrated player in the game almost a fact.

Julio Lugo? How many wife beaters can the Sox take on? First Wil Cordero now Lugo? I'd rather have Willie "Mays Hayes" Harris.

MUsoxfan
12-28-2004, 11:55 PM
I'd have serious issues giving up Konerko, even though he is the slowest man in baseball. Sorry, Benji Molina is the slowest man in baseball. Konerko's a close second

DiGiSyKo
12-28-2004, 11:56 PM
Konerko is a necessity to this team. Why are so many people hellbent on including him in "trade ideas"? It's a good thing nobody's ever close to right when they start these ridiculous threads
couldn't have said it better

MUsoxfan
12-28-2004, 11:56 PM
I'd rather have Willie "Mays Hayes" Harris.
He may run like Mayes, but he hits like....well you know what he hits like haha

WhiteSoxFan84
12-29-2004, 01:23 AM
He may run like Mayes, but he hits like....well you know what he hits like haha
Here are my 2 cents on Harris.

From time to time he tends to show amazing contact ability, solid defense, and amazing speed.

Then there are those times he comes up in the top or bottom of the 9th, Sox are down. I can't remember him actually getting on base in those situations. Hell, I don't remember him making contact in those situations.

eshunn2001
12-30-2004, 10:00 AM
This trade offer makes my theory of Konerko being the most underrated player in the game almost a fact.

Julio Lugo? How many wife beaters can the Sox take on? First Wil Cordero now Lugo? I'd rather have Willie "Mays Hayes" Harris.
I do not think that is Underrating Konerko at all. Huff is a lefty, Hits .300 with 30 hr and 100 rbis ( 100 rbi's with Tanpa is more impressive). He could play 1st, 3rd and the corner outfield positions. The pitchers are a wash and Lugo for Valdez should be a no brainer.

But i guess the Majority has spoken, My buddy and I spent a good hour arguing about this trade.

munchman33
12-30-2004, 11:32 AM

Take the goggles off. Paul Konerko isn't half the player Aubrey Huff is. The only thing Paul does better is hit homeruns. The thing that makes this trade bad is giving up Garland.

cornball
12-31-2004, 10:39 AM
I think this trade idea is a great one, in concept anyway. I love the idea of Huff (a left handed bat with power) at first or third in some cases. I think the Trib article the other day, as to deciding what the future of PK with the Sox has merit. Personally from a production standpoint Huff and PK seem to be similar, except PK has known leadership.

Lugo or an additional middle infielder is needed for depth. Both Lugo and Huff were reported to be shopped.

I do not think Tampa would take a PK, but they would take young pitching. PK would make 1/3 of their payroll.

A series of moves would have to happen to make this work. The thought of Garland for Huff as a main part of the deal works for me if an additional starter was aquired like Perez or Vasquez. The Sox dont seem to high on Perez and if Huff was traded for PK could be involved in a Vasquez deal.

Don't get your hopes up though.

MUsoxfan
12-31-2004, 10:41 AM
I don't think even TB's dumb enough to unload a Huff for a Garland

eshunn2001
01-03-2005, 04:44 PM
Maybe Move Crede and Garland for Huff, Lugo And Rob Bell.

kittle42
01-03-2005, 05:08 PM
Maybe Move Crede and Garland for Huff, Lugo And Rob Bell.
:threadsucks

NowBatting19
01-04-2005, 09:09 PM
While we're at it :gulp: .......and don't take it to heart, I hope Konerko is around this year.

D'Backs------- Konerko, Diaz, Borchard, pitching prospect

D'Rays--------Garland, Hillenbrand, Adkins

White Sox-----Vasquez, Huff

MUsoxfan
01-04-2005, 09:23 PM
While we're at it :gulp: .......and don't take it to heart, I hope Konerko is around this year.

D'Backs------- Konerko, Diaz, Borchard, pitching prospect

D'Rays--------Garland, Hillenbrand, Adkins

White Sox-----Vasquez, Huff
My God! I've seen bad ideas, but this one is about the worst one ever.

NowBatting19
01-04-2005, 09:40 PM
I reckon it's a little much, if that's how you see it, but uhhh... how about you take away the pitching prospect, maybe Adkins and take it from there.... it's just Huff's name came up and he's pretty good.

MUsoxfan
01-04-2005, 09:48 PM
I'm usually against proposing trades, but my idea for the trade would be without getting rid of Konerko or Garland. 3-way trades are too complicated. You try to deal a Crede, a mid-level prospect and a decent reliever to TB for Huff. Huff would then play 3rd.

NowBatting19
01-04-2005, 10:13 PM
Yeah I definitely want Paulie to stay, and I would go along with your idea of trading Crede b/c I'm not attached by any means to him, I'm just optimistic. But anyway, figuring from reports that Crede would be around in 2005, Paulie is the one guy money wise that would make sense if Vazquez was traded for. Plus like Konerko, Huff is the Man!

Nonetheless, this was all fun and games, and nobody's getting hurt. Go Sox!

eshunn2001
01-07-2005, 12:19 PM
I am suprised therer is so little interest in Abrey Huff, The guy is an Awesome ball player.

MUsoxfan
01-07-2005, 12:21 PM
I am suprised therer is so little interest in Abrey Huff, The guy is an Awesome ball player.
We have awesome ballplayers on this team. Plus, TB probably wants to wait until the trade deadline to see how god awful they really are before they trade away their star for peanuts

eshunn2001
01-07-2005, 12:29 PM
We have awesome ballplayers on this team. Plus, TB probably wants to wait until the trade deadline to see how god awful they really are before they trade away their star for peanuts
They already said he was on the block. They do not want to pay him for the next 2 years. The sooner they get rid of him the less they have to pay for him. And I think they know they will be pretty damned god awful.