PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Who's Going to Soxfest?

HITMEN OF 77
12-28-2004, 01:58 PM
Let's get a list of who's going and if all of us are going to meet up. So who's in?

I'll be there.

Tekijawa
12-28-2004, 02:05 PM
I'll be there each day! Which day does everyone hang out after? and in which bar?

TornLabrum
12-28-2004, 02:25 PM
I'll be in the WCSF booth, so I'll actually be there at about 11:00 a.m. on the 14th through the end of the festivities on Sunday.

DVsoxfan
12-28-2004, 03:03 PM
I'll be there Saturday, just have to figure out who I'm taking

Rocky Soprano
12-28-2004, 03:10 PM
I'll be there everyday, Im doing the hotel package.

12-28-2004, 03:11 PM
I will be there Saturday...when is the day you can do a Q and A with KW? I would be more then up for meeting people out afterwards

JGarlandrules20
12-28-2004, 03:14 PM
I'll be there Saturday, just have to figure out who I'm takingMe!...heh. kidding.

I'm pretty sure I'm going Friday...maybe.

JUribe1989
12-28-2004, 03:20 PM
Ill be there every day. Im gonna need a nice relaxing SoxFest to reward myself after school finals. I cant wait for the Q and A with KW and Hawk and DJ and Ozzie. Souvenirs are often very cheap too. I got myself an official winning ugly hat last year.

kittle42
12-28-2004, 03:21 PM
I will be there Friday looking to cause trouble with Hangar.

Ozzballfest
12-28-2004, 03:26 PM
I'll be in the WCSF booth, so I'll actually be there at about 11:00 a.m. on the 14th through the end of the festivities on Sunday.
What the hell is WCSF?

Soxzilla
12-28-2004, 03:29 PM
I'll be there on Sunday.

TornLabrum
12-28-2004, 03:32 PM
What the hell is WCSF?
Windy City Sox Fans. We have a booth at SoxFest every year for our membership drive. Had you been a member last summer, you could have met Ozzie Guillen, Harold Baines, Greg Walker, or Jose Valentin at one of our luncheons, gotten autographs, and even asked questions during the Q&A sessions Dave Wills hosts. Then this month you could have done the same with Billy Pierce, Moose Skowron, Bill Melton, and Minnie Minoso.

Ozzballfest
12-28-2004, 03:35 PM
Windy City Sox Fans. We have a booth at SoxFest every year for our membership drive. Had you been a member last summer, you could have met Ozzie Guillen, Harold Baines, Greg Walker, or Jose Valentin at one of our luncheons, gotten autographs, and even asked questions during the Q&A sessions Dave Wills hosts. Then this month you could have done the same with Billy Pierce, Moose Skowron, Bill Melton, and Minnie Minoso.
I don't live in the Windy City, so I guess I can't join?

LVSoxFan
12-28-2004, 03:35 PM
I will be there Sat/Sun. Is there a schedule of events yet (yes I already have tix)?

I want to be at the KW meeting!

robiwho
12-28-2004, 03:44 PM
I'll be there for the weekend and about 10 of my family members are coming on Saturday.

Brian26
12-28-2004, 03:50 PM
I will be there Friday looking to cause trouble with Hangar.
Like he needs any help.

JoseCanseco6969
12-28-2004, 03:53 PM
I'll be there all 3 days

Question for anyone who knows, is there a one autograph limit for each player/coach or can they sign multiple things like a photo and baseball card?
Appreciate any feedback:D:

Brian26
12-28-2004, 03:55 PM
I'll be there all 3 days

Question for anyone who knows, is there a one autograph limit for each player/coach or can they sign multiple things like a photo and baseball card?
You're really only supposed to bring one thing, although I think they're generous and let you bring 2 things. I've seen people be real dicks and bring a spread of 10 baseball cards to be signed...sometimes the player is cool and does it, but the Sox representative usually vetoes that stuff.

Iwritecode
12-28-2004, 04:01 PM
I'll be there all 3 days

There's supposed to be one item per person but depending on who's signing, sometimes you can slip in a second item.

I'll be there all three days with my wife and brother-in-law. I may bring a forth person or I may have extra passes to sell. Not quite sure yet...

There's usually a group of WSI'ers that meet up in the big bar (it's in the lobby of the hotel, you can't miss it. The bar is huge.) on both Friday night and Saturday night.

Viva Medias B's
12-28-2004, 04:35 PM
I'll be staying at the Hyatt for the weekend. As always, the real highlight is the action in the atrium bar Friday and Saturday nights.

chisoxmike
12-28-2004, 05:57 PM
I'm going Saturday.

DrCrawdad
12-28-2004, 06:07 PM
I hope to be there for the Friday session. I'll be easy to spot. I'll be the guy carrying an old wood Chicago Policeman's billy club searching for 'SteveSax'sSocks.'

:)

(PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A JOKE.)

Foulke You
12-28-2004, 06:16 PM
I'll be there Friday and Saturday. I'm going to get there early this time so I can catch the day 1 Q & A with the fans. I missed last year's heated exchange because I got there a little late and ended up catching Saturday's. I'll be front and center for this year.

However, I did catch a nice seminar that Friday on White Sox 20 game winners with Billy Pierce, Hoyt, Burns, McDowell, and Loaiza hosted by Ed Farmer. They all had some great stories.

zach074
12-28-2004, 07:05 PM
What can someone who is 16 do there besides get autographs?

JGarlandrules20
12-28-2004, 07:12 PM
What can someone who is 16 do there besides get autographs?Go to the seminars...buy sox apparel..buy memorabilia at the garage sale thing..go to the little clinic things by some sox players.

There's lots to do.

SouthSideHitman
12-28-2004, 07:35 PM
It being my last winter in Chicago before going to college (assuming I don't go to De Paul) I would be remiss not to attend. I'll be there Saturday with my dad in my WSI "Totally Biased" shirt, so look for me. It should be fun, It's funny how I generally go the day that something newsworthy happens. I was there when Ray called out the Twins, I was there last year when KW finally snapped and showed some emotion in defending his decisions, etc.

TornLabrum
12-28-2004, 07:37 PM
Go to the seminars...buy sox apparel..buy memorabilia at the garage sale thing..go to the little clinic things by some sox players.

There's lots to do.
Stop by the WCSF booth and pull a pencil for a buck and win a valuable prize. (Every pencil wins something.) We have everything from infants to the elderly pulling pencils, including Ozzie Guillen, Jr. last year.

HITMEN OF 77
12-28-2004, 07:51 PM
Stop by the WCSF booth and pull a pencil for a buck and win a valuable prize. (Every pencil wins something.) We have everything from infants to the elderly pulling pencils, including Ozzie Guillen, Jr. last year.
How much does it cost to join your club? Maybe you could send me some info?

TornLabrum
12-28-2004, 08:06 PM
How much does it cost to join your club? Maybe you could send me some info? Membership is $25.00 a year. It includes a club related gift and a Sox related gift along with a subscription to the newsletter (which I edit) and a discount to events. We donate all of our "profits" to Chicago Baseball Cancer Charities, earmarked for Children's Memorial Hospital. Speaking of which, I'll be interviewing an outpatient there tomorrow for the newsletter that comes out just before SoxFest.

You can get info about the club at members.aol.com/windycitysoxfans (http://members.aol.com/windycitysoxfans/) or email Mary Kay (our president) at windycitysoxfans@aol.com.

zach074
12-28-2004, 09:16 PM
Go to the seminars...buy sox apparel..buy memorabilia at the garage sale thing..go to the little clinic things by some sox players.

There's lots to do.The garage sale wont be at the cell again this year?

doublem23
12-28-2004, 09:33 PM
The garage sale wont be at the cell again this year?
They have them at both, IIRC.

Anyways, I'm not sure... I'd love to come with some of my friends, but they are taking a class over Winter Break at school and I don't know if I'll be able to pull them away from Peoria for a weekend. But then again, maybe I'll come alone and find people.

jamteh
12-28-2004, 10:21 PM
I'll be there. I just don't know which day yet.

duke of dorwood
12-28-2004, 10:52 PM
:moron

ME-I got some free time

Dan H
12-29-2004, 08:56 AM
I will have a booth selling my book Chicago White Sox 1959 and Beyond. Leo Bauby, who contributed so many pictues will be sharing the booth with me. I am also hoping to have the opportunity to do a book on the 1977 Hitmen. If anyone would like to talk about memories of that team, I'd like you to stop by.

Brian26
12-29-2004, 09:33 AM
However, I did catch a nice seminar that Friday on White Sox 20 game winners with Billy Pierce, Hoyt, Burns, McDowell, and Loaiza hosted by Ed Farmer. They all had some great stories.
That seminar was absolutely fantastic. I got Loaiza and Burns' autograph after it. Farmer brought up the great Mark Whiten/Jack McDowell fight, and Hoyt and Burns told great stories about the '83 season.

Hangar18
12-29-2004, 09:33 AM
Hangar18 will be there for the Fan Revolt on Friday Nite,
and for the Festivities on Saturday .........

HITMEN OF 77
12-29-2004, 11:05 AM
OK, so far this is the list of who's going as of now. Feel free to update, it was pain the rear for me to do :D:

Tekijawa
TornLabrum
DVsoxfan
Rocky Soprano
JGarlandrules20 (maybe)
JUribe1989
kittle42
Soxzilla
LVSxoFan
robiwho
JoseCanseco6969
Iwritecode
Viva Medias B's
chisoxmike
DrCrawdad (probably)
Foulke You
SouthSideHitman
doublem23 (maybe)
jamteh
Dan H
Hangar18
soxphotos
HITMEN OF 77

FedEx227
12-29-2004, 12:26 PM
I will be there Sunday, what goes on during the Sunday event, Q and As?

also what building of the Hyatt does this all take place in? The East or West?

sorry I don't know anything...I'm only 17 and this will be my first SoxFest.

bafiarocks03
12-29-2004, 12:29 PM
Im hopefully going on Friday...and then hopefully Willie will be there too!:D:

Hangar18
12-29-2004, 12:40 PM
I will be there Sunday, what goes on during the Sunday event, Q and As?

What goes on during the Q & A session? Management usually tries to tell
the fans how they Dont have the Money to sign players, but that we have
a good team and Money doesnt guarantee Championships anyway.
Sox Fans respond by hurling insults and furniture .....

Realist
12-29-2004, 12:49 PM
What time does the fest close on Saturday nite? I'm gonna try and make it there in the late afternoon.

HITMEN OF 77
12-29-2004, 12:55 PM
What time does the fest close on Saturday nite? I'm gonna try and make it there in the late afternoon.
I think at 6? Then there is a big pizza party downstairs with live music. A lot of players show up for that, I had a good time there last year talking with Billy Pierce and Gary Peters.

Iwritecode
12-29-2004, 01:49 PM
also what building of the Hyatt does this all take place in? The East or West?

IIRC, it's held in the basement of the west building.

All I know is that it's always in the opposite building that my room is in. Which just makes the trip down from my room that much longer. I guess it's better than walking 10 blocks from a parking garage in the freezing cold though.

:smile:

Brian26
12-29-2004, 01:50 PM
Sox Fans respond by hurling insults and furniture .....:KW

"You forgot that I also like to talk about the 'creative' ways I can add payroll to the roster around the middle of the season if the situation presents itself and I feel we have a chance to contend down the stretch."

Brian26
12-29-2004, 01:52 PM
IIRC, it's held in the basement of the west building.

All I know is that it's always in the opposite building that my room is in. Which just makes the trip down from my room that much longer. I guess it's better than walking 10 blocks from a parking garage in the freezing cold though.

:smile:
Everything is connect by tunnels, so you actually never have to go outside :D:

Someone was telling me that the underground pedway from the Loop actually comes all the way up to the Hyatt on Wacker, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

soxrme
12-29-2004, 01:55 PM
Let's get a list of who's going and if all of us are going to meet up. So who's in?

I'll be there.
I'll be there Saturday:D:

Iwritecode
12-29-2004, 02:11 PM

Someone was telling me that the underground pedway from the Loop actually comes all the way up to the Hyatt on Wacker, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

We walked around the underground part of it for a little while a couple of years ago and it does go on for a little ways. I can't say for sure where it ends up but it does eventually come out onto a street. There's a McDonald's down there somewhere as well.

TornLabrum
12-29-2004, 02:16 PM
Sox Fans respond by hurling insults and furniture .....
Well, at least Steff does!

Rocky Soprano
12-29-2004, 03:41 PM
Last year at SoxFest there was this booth that had some very nice framed pictures of White Sox Players.

By any chance does anyone know the website to this company?

If not, I'll just look for them this year.

HITMEN OF 77
12-29-2004, 03:51 PM
Last year at SoxFest there was this booth that had some very nice framed pictures of White Sox Players.

By any chance does anyone know the website to this company?

If not, I'll just look for them this year.
I remember that booth, they had some great photos and wanted big $$$ for them. I talked with that guy who had the booth and I guess he travels around to all the fan conventions and shows his work.

If he isn't there, I'm sure "Soxphotos" will have some stuff for sale.

steff
12-29-2004, 04:03 PM
Well, at least Steff does!

Oh come on now.. it wasn't that bad. :cool:

jake27
12-29-2004, 04:14 PM
im there saturday. im goin alone now cuz my friend that i was gonna go w/ cant go ne more :mad:

whitesoxwilkes
12-29-2004, 04:43 PM

It comes up a block behind it, right behind the Aon Center. Just walk north and you're there...damned if I can remember the street though, that's more Brian's turf than mine.

I'll be there Friday night and probably Sunday, but I am NOT going to the Q&As. Too much negativity and grumbling, reminded me of what a union meeting might be like.

I can't wait to hit the bar and check out the vocal stylings of Tony Ocean!

Mickster
12-29-2004, 04:47 PM
I can't wait to hit the bar and check out the vocal stylings of Tony Ocean!
Ahhhh.... Tony Ocean. Andrew "Dice" Clay with an orchestra. :D:

TheArmyOfNeems
12-29-2004, 04:51 PM
ill be there saturday. this will be awsome! :cool:

ewokpelts
12-29-2004, 05:23 PM
What time does the fest close on Saturday nite? I'm gonna try and make it there in the late afternoon.5pm

ewokpelts
12-29-2004, 05:30 PM
I remember that booth, they had some great photos and wanted big $$$ for them. I talked with that guy who had the booth and I guess he travels around to all the fan conventions and shows his work.

If he isn't there, I'm sure "Soxphotos" will have some stuff for sale.I think I know who you're referring to....he comes into my stepda's card store...
gene

soxwon
12-29-2004, 06:46 PM
youll bet ill be there, all weekend!!!

so you can, all meet the great SOXWON lol!!!

soxwon
12-29-2004, 06:49 PM
Ahhhh.... Tony Ocean. Andrew "Dice" Clay with an orchestra. :D:

didnt he have a hit in the 80"s called CARIBEAN QUEEN?

zach074
12-29-2004, 06:52 PM

I am NOT going to the Q&As. Too much negativity and grumbling, reminded me of what a union meeting might be like.

Sounds just like a thread on WSI to me.:tongue:

HITMEN OF 77
12-29-2004, 06:55 PM
didnt he have a hit in the 80"s called CARIBEAN QUEEN?
That would be Billy Ocean.

cubhater
12-29-2004, 07:49 PM
Can't make it this year. Will be home watching the Bear's playoff game then off to the Blackhawk game the next day.

FedEx227
12-29-2004, 09:31 PM
thanks for the help...

I knew what goes on at the Q&A, my question was just if they were still going to have Q&A's during Sunday, and who would be the main people, but I guess it'll be K-Will/Oz and the usuals...

BainesHOF
12-30-2004, 03:31 AM
I'll be there Friday and Sunday for sure, and likely for a couple early hours Saturday.

HITMEN OF 77
12-30-2004, 06:26 PM
What time are we meeting at the atrium bar? 2 weeks from today, i fly out can't wait!! This is the updated list as of today....

Tekijawa
TornLabrum
DVsoxfan
Rocky Soprano
JGarlandrules20 (maybe)
JUribe1989
kittle42
Soxzilla
LVSxoFan
robiwho
JoseCanseco6969
Iwritecode
Viva Medias B's
chisoxmike
DrCrawdad (probably)
Foulke You
SouthSideHitman
doublem23 (maybe)
jamteh
Dan H
Hangar18
soxphotos
HITMEN OF 77
soxrme
FedEx227
bafiarocks03
Realist
jake27
whitesoxwilkes
TheArmyOfNeems
soxwon
BainesHOF

soxwon
12-30-2004, 06:58 PM
[QUOTE=HITMEN OF 77]What time are we meeting at the atrium bar? 2 weeks from today, i fly out can't wait!! This is the updated list as of today....

Tekijawa
TornLabrum
DVsoxfan
Rocky Soprano
JGarlandrules20 (maybe)
JUribe1989
kittle42
Soxzilla
LVSxoFan
robiwho
JoseCanseco6969
Iwritecode
Viva Medias B's
chisoxmike
DrCrawdad (probably)
Foulke You
SouthSideHitman
doublem23 (maybe)
jamteh
Dan H
Hangar18
soxphotos
HITMEN OF 77
soxrme
FedEx227
bafiarocks03
Realist
jake27
whitesoxwilkes
TheArmyOfNeems
soxwon
BainesHOF[/QUOT

is the atrium bar the one on the 2nd level, that bar is huge!!
there is a smaller sports bar on the main floor.
so which bar are we talking?

ewokpelts
12-30-2004, 07:20 PM
if soxfest was held after july 31, we'd get this guy:

:ralomar:

Gene

p.s. count me in

HITMEN OF 77
12-30-2004, 08:55 PM
so which bar are we talking?[/QUOTE]
I think the one on the second level. I guess that's the largest or longest I should say, bar top in the world.

Viva Medias B's
12-30-2004, 09:26 PM
I'll be at SoxFest, but I don't know if I'll be part of the official gathering at the atrium bar or doing something else at the time. So count me as a "maybe."

steff
12-30-2004, 09:30 PM
so which bar are we talking?I think the one on the second level. I guess that's the largest or longest I should say, bar top in the world.[/QUOTE]

Yes. 2nd floor, right across from check-in.

ewokpelts
12-30-2004, 10:53 PM
I think the one on the second level. I guess that's the largest or longest I should say, bar top in the world.
Yes. 2nd floor, right across from check-in.[/QUOTE]steff,
you going to chew out kenny at the bar this year?
or just at the seminars?
Gene

p.s. I'll be right behind you with my pitchfork.....and Henry will be there with his torch

steff
12-30-2004, 11:17 PM
Yes. 2nd floor, right across from check-in.steff,
or just at the seminars?
Gene

p.s. I'll be right behind you with my pitchfork.....and Henry will be there with his torch[/QUOTE]

I didn't chew Kenny out at the bar last year. IMO, they are off limits to "chewing" when in the bar.

Brian26
12-30-2004, 11:24 PM
I didn't chew Kenny out at the bar last year. IMO, they are off limits to "chewing" when in the bar.
Agreed. That's low class.

chisoxcardsbabe
12-30-2004, 11:25 PM
*waves hand* I'll be there, too.....

ewokpelts
12-30-2004, 11:54 PM
steff,
or just at the seminars?
Gene

p.s. I'll be right behind you with my pitchfork.....and Henry will be there with his torch
I didn't chew Kenny out at the bar last year. IMO, they are off limits to "chewing" when in the bar.[/QUOTE]well....the way this offseason is going, and coupled with my now-annual ticket increases...it'd be easy to cross that line....i was, however, merely asking....seriously doubt kenny hits the bar anyways....
Gene

FightingBillini
12-31-2004, 12:45 AM
Count me in.

steff,
or just at the seminars?
Gene

I have only been on this site 6 months or so, can someone please describe to me this infamous verbal assault Steff did on KW.

jake27
12-31-2004, 12:52 AM
im only 19, are people under 21 allowed in the atrium bar?

Jerome
12-31-2004, 01:01 AM
Will all WSIers be wearing nametags?

steff
12-31-2004, 09:32 AM
well....the way this offseason is going, and coupled with my now-annual ticket increases...it'd be easy to cross that line....i was, however, merely asking....seriously doubt kenny hits the bar anyways....
Gene

He's been at the bar the past 2 years. Don't see why he wouldn't this year.

steff
12-31-2004, 09:35 AM
Count me in.

I have only been on this site 6 months or so, can someone please describe to me this infamous verbal assault Steff did on KW.

It wasn't an assult. I was in mid comment.. he apparently thought I was done and tried to speak.. I stopped him with a finger wave and a "Kenny, I'm not done" to alert him I was not, and continued. The crowd went "ooooooo..." and it turned "into "female Sox fan puts Kenny in his place". It really wasn't that bad, and we made up soon after.

whitesoxwilkes
12-31-2004, 09:36 AM
well....the way this offseason is going, and coupled with my now-annual ticket increases...it'd be easy to cross that line....i was, however, merely asking....seriously doubt kenny hits the bar anyways....
Gene Just a friendly reminder: if you decide to go to Soxfest for the purpose of rumbling and grumbling and whining and moaning (I'm going to get my drink on and get some autographs and baseball cards, personally), please DO NOT mention to the recieving end of your rumbling grumbling whining and moaning that you are a member of WSI.

Thank you.

Brian26
12-31-2004, 09:49 AM
Just a friendly reminder: if you decide to go to Soxfest for the purpose of rumbling and grumbling and whining and moaning (I'm going to get my drink on and get some autographs and baseball cards, personally), please DO NOT mention to the recieving end of your rumbling grumbling whining and moaning that you are a member of WSI.

Thank you.
Yep. Words to live by here, folks. Let's not embarrass WSI or pretend like the moaning & groaning is sponsored by WSI. If you do that, you're on your own.

ewokpelts
12-31-2004, 11:07 AM
im only 19, are people under 21 allowed in the atrium bar?as long as you dont buy a drink...ur ok

ewokpelts
12-31-2004, 11:08 AM
Just a friendly reminder: if you decide to go to Soxfest for the purpose of rumbling and grumbling and whining and moaning (I'm going to get my drink on and get some autographs and baseball cards, personally), please DO NOT mention to the recieving end of your rumbling grumbling whining and moaning that you are a member of WSI.

Thank you.well..if i do give them a verbal thrashing, i'll do it as a season ticket holder.
Gene

whitesoxwilkes
12-31-2004, 11:29 AM
well..if i do give them a verbal thrashing, i'll do it as a season ticket holder.
Gene
I'm a season ticket holder too, but I feel no need to give them a verbal thrashing. Negativity and whining only foster more resentment on both sides.

It's baseball...enjoy it.
:whiner::bandance:

kittle42
12-31-2004, 01:57 PM
I'm a season ticket holder too, but I feel no need to give them a verbal thrashing. Negativity and whining only foster more resentment on both sides.

Not that I would even use the name WSI at all, but does rumbling and grumbling include asking legitimate baseball questions regarding the team's weaknesses? And no, I don't mean "Why is JR cheap?" or "Don't you think Jon Garland should be attending a pitching clinic instead of hosting one?"

whitesoxwilkes
12-31-2004, 02:04 PM
Not that I would even use the name WSI at all, but does rumbling and grumbling include asking legitimate baseball questions regarding the team's weaknesses? And no, I don't mean "Why is JR cheap?" or "Don't you think Jon Garland should be attending a pitching clinic instead of hosting one?"
All the legitimate baseball questions came from people who had a sense of optimism about the upcoming season. All the rumbling and grumblings about cheapness came from the usual nabob of negativity types.

jabrch
12-31-2004, 02:19 PM

Very well said Wilkes. I totally agree. It seems to me like some folks enjoy whining and bitching more than they actually enjoy the game of baseball sometimes.

Brian26
12-31-2004, 03:54 PM
All the rumbling and grumblings about cheapness came from the usual nabob of negativity types.
Does anyone else feel really embarrassed when a creepy looking guy goes up to the microphone at Soxfest and starts moaning and groaning about the team, and you suddenly realize that this is the prototypical Score caller? The unfortunate part, at that point, is that you get a visual to go along with the guy's voice. He's wearing flannel, hasn't shaved or showered in a week, and he's got one of those 1983 White Sox trucker caps on with the mesh back and adjustable strap (except, it's not a retro version, it's really from 1983).

Just one of the great things about Soxfest.

Brian26
12-31-2004, 03:57 PM
Very well said Wilkes. I totally agree. It seems to me like some folks enjoy whining and bitching more than they actually enjoy the game of baseball sometimes.
Well, for some people, this is their 15 seconds of fame on the big stage. Unfortunately, most of these people are too ignorant to understand they'd garner a lot more respect if they acted somewhat cordial.

It's unbelievably cool for Hawk and Kenny to sit up their and answer questions, so I don't understand why some people feel the need to be duechebags.

steff
12-31-2004, 04:05 PM
as long as you dont buy a drink...ur ok

No, you're not. The waitresses ask anyone in the bar for ID.. if you don't have one, you have to leave. There's a good chance they wont ask, but just cause you don't drink doesn't mean you can be there.

Brian26
12-31-2004, 04:21 PM
No, you're not. The waitresses ask anyone in the bar for ID.. if you don't have one, you have to leave. There's a good chance they wont ask, but just cause you don't drink doesn't mean you can be there.
Exactly right.

Is there a bigger buzzkill than having a bunch of 13-year olds running around while I'm trying to do shots with Beltin' Bill Melton? Give me a break.

ewokpelts
01-01-2005, 09:46 AM
`not if you're rkellyExactly right.

Is there a bigger buzzkill than having a bunch of 13-year olds running around while I'm trying to do shots with Beltin' Bill Melton? Give me a break.

ewokpelts
01-01-2005, 09:51 AM

:whiner::bandance:Well, When you keep getting creampuff answers from Kw and hawk all day, it starts to piss you off. I've been going to soxfest for five years now...the same broken record is played...we have no money...why dont the fans go to games....give us money, and we'll give you nothing in return....just for once, I'd like to see kenny say"ownership actually gave me money, and i plan to spend it..."
Gene

ewokpelts
01-01-2005, 09:52 AM
It wasn't an assult. I was in mid comment.. he apparently thought I was done and tried to speak.. I stopped him with a finger wave and a "Kenny, I'm not done" to alert him I was not, and continued. The crowd went "ooooooo..." and it turned "into "female Sox fan puts Kenny in his place". It really wasn't that bad, and we made up soon after.the dreaded finger wave...created by the jedi...perfected by steff....
Gene

ewokpelts
01-01-2005, 09:54 AM
All the legitimate baseball questions came from people who had a sense of optimism about the upcoming season. All the rumbling and grumblings about cheapness came from the usual nabob of negativity types.I have asked kenny "legit" baseball questions before...i think i asked him a few questions on thier scouting program back in 03......he answered it pretty ok...i dont remember the answer, but i do remember it satisfyinh my curiosity...
Gene

Brian26
01-01-2005, 11:20 AM
Well, When you keep getting creampuff answers from Kw and hawk all day, it starts to piss you off. I've been going to soxfest for five years now...the same broken record is played...we have no money...why dont the fans go to games....give us money, and we'll give you nothing in return....
Eh, I somewhat disagree with you here. First of all, both Kenny and Hawk were extremely candid and honest last year regarding a lot of things. Remember Hawk's comments about Mags? "He Gone". Neither of them held back. I've never heard KW or Hawk alienate the Sox fans by complaining about attendance. Never. So many people last year didn't understand the dynamics behind letting Everett and Robbie Alomar go, but KW took the time to explain it every time it was brought up.

ewokpelts
01-01-2005, 11:46 AM
Eh, I somewhat disagree with you here. First of all, both Kenny and Hawk were extremely candid and honest last year regarding a lot of things. Remember Hawk's comments about Mags? "He Gone". Neither of them held back. I've never heard KW or Hawk alienate the Sox fans by complaining about attendance. Never. So many people last year didn't understand the dynamics behind letting Everett and Robbie Alomar go, but KW took the time to explain it every time it was brought up.Brian,
Kenny HAS beat that drum before. But, on the other hand, Kenny does his best infront of the crowds. It's really a shame that his boss wont let him do his job right.
Gene

chidavid18
01-01-2005, 03:39 PM
I will be there all three days.

Palehose13
01-01-2005, 04:04 PM
I'm getting the hotel package (in a few days when I have some $$$). I plan on getting my drink on and having a fabulous White Sox weekend. I have to pick up a few things at the garage sale for my friend in the Marines...and for me too! :D:

ewokpelts
01-01-2005, 06:04 PM
I'm getting the hotel package (in a few days when I have some $$$). I plan on getting my drink on and having a fabulous White Sox weekend. I have to pick up a few things at the garage sale for my friend in the Marines...and for me too! :D:order the room now...they dont charge your card until you check in...
Gene

alohafri
01-03-2005, 05:24 AM
The Mrs. and I will be there on Friday. We have two extra tickets for Friday and two for Saturday. Any interested parties can email me at alohafri@aol.com.

They ain't free, but they are reasonable.

Rocky Soprano
01-03-2005, 09:37 AM
Just called to book my room and they said there are NO MORE ROOMS for SoxFest!

Thats what I get for waiting! :whiner:

Rocky Soprano
01-03-2005, 11:59 AM
I just called again and I was able to get a room for the two nights. Guess the other person didnt look too hard. :bandance: :gulp:

Nick@Nite
01-03-2005, 12:24 PM
:tomatoaward

Question: Am I going to Soxfest 2005?
Answer: I would if I could. :whiner:

Palehose13
01-03-2005, 03:29 PM
I'm in. Reserved the two night package this afternoon.

Rocky- I didn't have any problems. However, last year I had to call three times to find someone who knew what I was talking about.

"Soxfest? That team couldn't scrape up enough fans to have a festival!"

:hawk
"Shut up Jay. Leave your spinning for your radio show. Oh wait...nevermind. *snicker*"

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/kwik-e-simpsons/wallpapers/nelson-preview.gif

(at Moronotti) HA-HA!

"I want my mommy!" :whiner:

Rocky Soprano
01-03-2005, 03:49 PM
I'm in. Reserved the two night package this afternoon.

Rocky- I didn't have any problems. However, last year I had to call three times to find someone who knew what I was talking about.

Yeah I was mad at they said it was all booked, so I called again cause I wanted to verify that was the case and thats when they told me that they still had rooms. I guess the first guy was a Flub Fan.

Well I will see you all there! :D:

southsidegirl
01-03-2005, 07:40 PM
My parent's have finally okay-ed us going. We don't get to stay all weekend w/ the hotel package we got last year. We will probably be going all day Saturday because my mom is obsessed w/ Tony LaRussa.

C-Dawg
01-03-2005, 08:20 PM
I'll be there Saturday. Hey, I gotta use up these Metra Electric tickets before they expire at the end of the month - so maybe I'll go Sunday too!

Olivo4MVP
01-03-2005, 09:40 PM
I'll be there Saturday and Sunday.

OEO Magglio
01-03-2005, 09:41 PM
I'll be there Saturday and Sunday.
Ditto.

champagne030
01-03-2005, 09:52 PM

:whiner::bandance:i've got my beefs with this team over the years, but i don't think soxfest is the forum.....i've got the same questions/problems, but i've never been so embarassed as i was last year when in the sports bar (1st floor NE corner of east tower) when the bar started yelling "sell the team" when jerry and his son were having dinner.......yeah, yeah....the owner puts himself out there so he's a target, but let's not be a**holes. a q&a sure, but not while the guy's having dinner....a few players make it to that bar, but most of them make it up to the "big bar", which is the second floor atrium bar that's been discussed....btw - try to catch the sox on the road....the team likes to hang out in groups and you can get the best stories there......let's just say that tori WILL get his payback this year and that's from several players!

whitesoxwilkes
01-03-2005, 09:59 PM
i've got my beefs with this team over the years, but i don't think soxfest is the forum.....i've got the same questions/problems, but i've never been so embarassed as i was last year when in the sports bar (1st floor NE corner of east tower) when the bar started yelling "sell the team" when jerry and his son were having dinner.......yeah, yeah....the owner puts himself out there so he's a target, but let's not be a**holes. a q&a sure, but not while the guy's having dinner....a few players make it to that bar, but most of them make it up to the "big bar", which is the second floor atrium bar that's been discussed....btw - try to catch the sox on the road....the team likes to hang out in groups and you can get the best stories there......let's just say that tori WILL get his payback this year and that's from several players!
I never heard that story, but that's just about one of the most classless displays I've ever seen.

manuelsucks
01-03-2005, 10:03 PM
I never heard that story, but that's just about one of the most classless displays I've ever seen.
I second that. I mean the guy is a cheap and terrible owner in my opinion, but degrating the guy while he's trying to eat dinner with his family is just wrong, and most of all stupid.

Oh yes, I will be attending Sox Fest Friday and Saturday (maybe Sunday).

NowBatting19
01-03-2005, 10:04 PM
I'll there each day, I was able to get the hotel package. Sweetness!

whitesoxwilkes
01-03-2005, 10:06 PM
I second that. I mean the guy is a cheap and terrible owner in my opinion, but degrating the guy while he's trying to eat dinner with his family is just wrong, and most of all stupid.

Oh yes, I will be attending Sox Fest Friday and Saturday (maybe Sunday).
Maybe the part of the reason he's so cheap is because most of his interaction with his fan base ends up being encounters like this....

steff
01-04-2005, 06:12 AM

I bet I can guess who one of the participants was... :rolleyes:

Mickster
01-04-2005, 08:41 AM
I bet I can guess who one of the participants was... :rolleyes:
Nope. He wouldn't be chanting "Sell The Team!", he'd be chanting "Die Jerry Die!" :D:

Hangar18
01-04-2005, 11:12 AM
i've got my beefs with this team over the years, but i don't think soxfest is the forum.....i've got the same questions/problems, but i've never been so embarassed as i was last year when in the sports bar (1st floor NE corner of east tower) when the bar started yelling "sell the team" when jerry and his son were having dinner.......yeah, yeah....the owner puts himself out there so he's a target, but let's not be a**holes.
God Bless Sox Fans. Anyway, to add to this, I certainly Do NOT advocate
Cussing & Swearing, or Getting Personal, or Lewd Comments or anything that promotes an unsafe atmosphere.
What else can SOX fans do .....But Chant " SellTheTeam " .......

I met the Guy, and I was nice about it and cordial, I asked him if He would
Sell the Team also. I was rebuffed chillingly by his answer "I'll NEVER sell the team" was his response, as I shivered at the idea of no World Series for the SOX for as long as he continues ........

Palehose13
01-04-2005, 11:23 AM
Cussing & Swearing, or Getting Personal, or Lewd Comments or anything that promotes an unsafe atmosphere.

I met the Guy, and I was nice about it and cordial, I asked him if He would
Sell the Team also. I was rebuffed chillingly by his answer "I'll NEVER sell the team" was his response, as I shivered at the idea of no World Series for the SOX for as long as he continues ........
Hangar...I think you need to stop antagonizing him. He probably wanted to sell years ago and only keeps the team to torture you! :wink:

Hangar18
01-04-2005, 11:47 AM
Hangar...I think you need to stop antagonizing him. He probably wanted to sell years ago and only keeps the team to torture you! :wink:
heh heh ......... hes got me Figured out !

steff
01-04-2005, 04:18 PM

While the guy is having dinner...? Why am I not surprised. :rolleyes:

kittle42
01-04-2005, 04:22 PM
Well, if he just sold the team, he could eat in peace. He brought it upon himself!

Rocky Soprano
01-04-2005, 04:34 PM
Well, if he just sold the team, he could eat in peace. He brought it upon himself!
I hope you mean to put that in teal.

I am not a fan of Reinsdorf, but my parents raised me well enough to have some respect.

steff
01-04-2005, 04:44 PM
I hope you mean to put that in teal.

I am not a fan of Reinsdorf, but my parents raised me well enough to have some respect.

At the very least. And maybe a bit of class.

Brian26
01-04-2005, 04:50 PM
I'm just curious if, when the bill comes, Reinsdorf haggles with the waiter and tries to pay it over the course of the next 7 years, with most of it deferred until 2012.

Also, when the full slab of ribs comes to the table, I wonder if Jerry throws in the towel after 5 minutes because there's no way he'd ever be able to finish both slabs.

Just some thoughts.

TornLabrum
01-04-2005, 06:44 PM
I'm just curious if, when the bill comes, Reinsdorf haggles with the waiter and tries to pay it over the course of the next 7 years, with most of it deferred until 2012.

Also, when the full slab of ribs comes to the table, I wonder if Jerry throws in the towel after 5 minutes because there's no way he'd ever be able to finish both slabs.

Just some thoughts.
Man, if you'd stopped after the first paragraph you'd have had POTW material!

Brian26
01-04-2005, 11:29 PM
Man, if you'd stopped after the first paragraph you'd have had POTW material!
I was trying to get a white flag/white towel reference in there somewhere :D: Should have stopped when I was ahead.

HITMEN OF 77
01-05-2005, 11:39 AM
Updated list. Who's going to print this out and check off names?

Tekijawa
TornLabrum
DVsoxfan
Rocky Soprano
JGarlandrules20 (maybe)
JUribe1989
kittle42
Soxzilla
LVSxoFan
robiwho
JoseCanseco6969
Iwritecode
Viva Medias B's
chisoxmike
DrCrawdad (probably)
Foulke You
SouthSideHitman
doublem23 (maybe)
jamteh
Dan H
Hangar18
soxphotos
HITMEN OF 77
soxrme
FedEx227
bafiarocks03
Realist
jake27
whitesoxwilkes
TheArmyOfNeems
soxwon
BainesHOF
Viva Medias B's
steff
chisoxcardsbabe
FightingBillini
whitesoxwilkes
chidavid18
alohafri
Palehose13
southsidegirl
C-Dawg
Olivo4MVP
OEO Magglio
mannuelsucks
NowBatting19

ewokpelts
01-05-2005, 12:04 PM

Tekijawa
TornLabrum
DVsoxfan
Rocky Soprano
JGarlandrules20 (maybe)
JUribe1989
kittle42
Soxzilla
LVSxoFan
robiwho
JoseCanseco6969
Iwritecode
Viva Medias B's
chisoxmike
DrCrawdad (probably)
Foulke You
SouthSideHitman
doublem23 (maybe)
jamteh
Dan H
Hangar18
soxphotos
HITMEN OF 77
soxrme
FedEx227
bafiarocks03
Realist
jake27
whitesoxwilkes
TheArmyOfNeems
soxwon
BainesHOF
Viva Medias B's
steff
chisoxcardsbabe
FightingBillini
whitesoxwilkes
chidavid18
alohafri
Palehose13
southsidegirl
C-Dawg
Olivo4MVP
OEO Magglio
mannuelsucks
NowBatting19ewokpelts

Ol' No. 2
01-05-2005, 12:09 PM

Tekijawa
TornLabrum
DVsoxfan
Rocky Soprano
JGarlandrules20 (maybe)
JUribe1989
kittle42
Soxzilla
LVSxoFan
robiwho
JoseCanseco6969
Iwritecode
Viva Medias B's
chisoxmike
DrCrawdad (probably)
Foulke You
SouthSideHitman
doublem23 (maybe)
jamteh
Dan H
Hangar18
soxphotos
HITMEN OF 77
soxrme
FedEx227
bafiarocks03
Realist
jake27
whitesoxwilkes
TheArmyOfNeems
soxwon
BainesHOF
Viva Medias B's
steff
chisoxcardsbabe
FightingBillini
whitesoxwilkes
chidavid18
alohafri
Palehose13
southsidegirl
C-Dawg
Olivo4MVP
OEO Magglio
mannuelsucks
NowBatting19I'm down for the weekend package. Is someone taking attendance?

jackbrohamer
01-05-2005, 12:13 PM
I'll be there, all 3 days

Mickster
01-05-2005, 12:14 PM
I'll be there with the wife all 3 days.

Thanks, iwritecode. :smile:

Ol Aches & Pains
01-06-2005, 12:49 PM
My lovely wife and I will be there Saturday. We'll be the ones with the black White Sox Hawaiian shirts.

JGarlandrules20
01-06-2005, 08:13 PM
My dad finally got tickets.....

I'll be there Friday for sure.

EMel9281
01-06-2005, 08:19 PM
I got my tickets today for Friday. What should I be expecting when I go? I have never been to SoxFest before. (I know, I know, some kind of Sox fan I am, huh? I suck! Let the smiting begin!)

buehrle4cy05
01-06-2005, 08:21 PM
buehrle4cy05

buehrle4cy05
01-06-2005, 08:22 PM
Just wish my boy Buehrle would be there, but Podsednik and Dye will be there

Hangar18
01-06-2005, 08:30 PM
Farmer Andy & Hangar18 are thinking of throwing an afterhours party
in our Hotel Room Saturday Nite heh heh. I'll be there all weekend
and can be typically be found in the Atrium Bar afterwards

Palehose13
01-06-2005, 08:40 PM
I got my tickets today for Friday. What should I be expecting when I go? I have never been to SoxFest before. (I know, I know, some kind of Sox fan I am, huh? I suck! Let the smiting begin!)
Ever imagine what heaven is like? SoxFest is kinda like that. :D:

chisoxmike
01-06-2005, 08:43 PM
It's basically a White Sox mall with players at authograph tables and there are also seminars with current and ex-players, also Q & A sessions with KW, Ozzie, Hawk, and a few others with current and ex-players. Bring $$, you'll be tempted to buy things!

zach074
01-06-2005, 08:45 PM
Exactly right.

Is there a bigger buzzkill than having a bunch of 13-year olds running around while I'm trying to do shots with Beltin' Bill Melton? Give me a break.What about 16 year old kids?:bandance:

TornLabrum
01-06-2005, 08:49 PM
It's basically a White Sox mall with players at authograph tables and there are also seminars with current and ex-players, also Q & A sessions with KW, Ozzie, Hawk, and a few others with current and ex-players. Bring $$, you'll be tempted to buy things!
Various sellers of sports memorabilia, and other things like DanH's book are also in the downstairs exhibition hall.

If you're into donating money to charity and maybe coming out of it with a prize, stop by the Windy City Sox Fans booth and pull a pencil. Every pencil wins some kind of prize, some of them pretty cool. All the profits go to Chicago Baseball Cancer Charities, earmarked for Children's Memorial Hospital.

You can also sign up to join the club (for $25.00). It's our 10th anniversary, and we'd like to top our biggest donation ($10,500) this year.

zach074
01-06-2005, 08:51 PM
Various sellers of sports memorabilia, and other things like DanH's book are also in the downstairs exhibition hall.

If you're into donating money to charity and maybe coming out of it with a prize, stop by the Windy City Sox Fans booth and pull a pencil. Every pencil wins some kind of prize, some of them pretty cool. All the profits go to Chicago Baseball Cancer Charities, earmarked for Children's Memorial Hospital.

You can also sign up to join the club (for $25.00). It's our 10th anniversary, and we'd like to top our biggest donation ($10,500) this year.

What Windy City Sox Fans do as members?

FedEx227
01-06-2005, 09:50 PM
Yeah, what about the 17 year olds no bar for us :( ? Its cool, i'll have so much else to do no time to meet and greet.

DVsoxfan
01-06-2005, 09:56 PM
Any word on if AJ will be there?

ewokpelts
01-06-2005, 10:47 PM
It's basically a White Sox mall with players at authograph tables and there are also seminars with current and ex-players, also Q & A sessions with KW, Ozzie, Hawk, and a few others with current and ex-players. Bring $$, you'll be tempted to buy things!:moron
There's only one ballmall..and it's at 35th and shields....

:hawk
save it for the radio....wait.....hahahahahahahahahhahahaha!

ewokpelts
01-06-2005, 10:48 PM
Ever imagine what heaven is like? SoxFest is kinda like that. :D:heaven is seeing the sox raise the ws troph to the sky on a beautiful night on the south side....mind you i am insane
Gene

ewokpelts
01-06-2005, 10:50 PM
Farmer Andy & Hangar18 are thinking of throwing an afterhours party
in our Hotel Room Saturday Nite heh heh. I'll be there all weekend
and can be typically be found in the Atrium Bar afterwardsHenry,
You decided to not be cheap like jerry and get a room for the weekend?

:reinsy
I'm not cheap.....I'm revenue sharing to myself....

Gene

South Side
01-06-2005, 11:25 PM
Question... does Sox Fest normally sell out?

Viva Medias B's
01-06-2005, 11:39 PM
Question... does Sox Fest normally sell out?
The Saturday session has the past few years.

Viva Medias B's
01-06-2005, 11:41 PM
Bring $$, you'll be tempted to buy things!
You'll need $$ for :gulp: because the Hyatt charges around $6 for one bottle of beer.

ewokpelts
01-06-2005, 11:54 PM
You'll need $$ for :gulp: because the Hyatt charges around $6 for one bottle of beer.i'm sneaking the beers from my room......
Gene

A.T. Money
01-07-2005, 07:38 AM
I think I'll be going to the Saturday session. I'd like to hook up with some of you guys.

whitesoxwilkes
01-07-2005, 09:16 AM
i'm sneaking the beers from my room......
Gene
Don't get caught or you'll get tossed from the bar.

Ol' No. 2
01-07-2005, 03:24 PM
:LTP Me. They invited me.

steff
01-07-2005, 04:23 PM
Don't get caught or you'll get tossed from the bar.

If not from the hotel. Last year we bought beers at the store IN the Hyatt to drink while waiting in line.. security asked to see our receipt.

StillMissOzzie
01-07-2005, 06:18 PM
I'm in! I'm going stag Friday night (to hang w/ youse guys in the atrium bar) and I'm bringing my son Sunday.

SMO
:gulp:

EMel9281
01-07-2005, 07:31 PM
Ever imagine what heaven is like? SoxFest is kinda like that. :D:
I thank you very much. I can't wait. Any slice of heaven that we can achieve in this sometimes hellified time is well worth it.

Plus, I get out of work this evening, so it's a win-win for me! :)

SpammySosa
01-08-2005, 09:20 AM
I was happy to see they added AJ,Dye and Goose Gossage to the final lineup, especially Gossage. Last year I finally made it to my first Fest and had a great experience. I must say I was a bit disappointed when I saw they were going to have less former players this year. Part of what made last year so special for me was being able to talk to Hoyt,McDowell,Peters,etc. Call me cynical(what Sox fan isn't?) but my first thoughts were Uncle Jerry just didn't want to pony up the $$$ to bring as many former players here. Don't get me wrong,though, I am looking VERY forward to this year and am counting the days!

Palehose13
01-08-2005, 09:44 AM
I was happy to see they added AJ,Dye and Goose Gossage to the final lineup, especially Gossage. Last year I finally made it to my first Fest and had a great experience. I must say I was a bit disappointed when I saw they were going to have less former players this year. Part of what made last year so special for me was being able to talk to Hoyt,McDowell,Peters,etc. Call me cynical(what Sox fan isn't?) but my first thoughts were Uncle Jerry just didn't want to pony up the $$$ to bring as many former players here. Don't get me wrong,though, I am looking VERY forward to this year and am counting the days!
AJ's been added? Holy crap. Wow. He must really want to shed his "reputation". I mean, he was just signed a few days ago and Sox Fest is next weekend (that's why I didn't expect him)...and he's leaving FLA to come hang out with us in cold Chicago? Cool.

SpammySosa
01-08-2005, 10:03 AM
AJ's been added? Holy crap. Wow. He must really want to shed his "reputation". I mean, he was just signed a few days ago and Sox Fest is next weekend (that's why I didn't expect him)...and he's leaving FLA to come hang out with us in cold Chicago? Cool.
Yeah, I was kinda surprised about that too. He was on The Score yesterday and they asked him about the "clubhouse cancer" rep and he said some of what has been said is true and some of it wasn't. He also added that he needed to work harder at being a "better person"(his words,not mine). Maybe I am naive, but I am hopeful that he has learned from his mistakes and has matured.

ewokpelts
01-08-2005, 01:01 PM
Don't get caught or you'll get tossed from the bar.I did it last year. I only brought in MGD bottles. Did the same thing at the family party.....but thank you for your concern.
Gene

whitesoxwilkes
01-08-2005, 01:25 PM
I did it last year. I only brought in MGD bottles. Did the same thing at the family party.....but thank you for your concern.
Gene
And you criticize Reinsdorf for being cheap?

ewokpelts
01-08-2005, 03:07 PM
And you criticize Reinsdorf for being cheap?I've learned from the master himself! Sides, I'm kinda broke by Saturday anyways.....
Gene

HITMEN OF 77
01-08-2005, 08:35 PM
Updated list as of 1/8

Tekijawa
TornLabrum
DVsoxfan
Rocky Soprano
JGarlandrules20 (maybe)
JUribe1989
kittle42
Soxzilla
LVSxoFan
robiwho
JoseCanseco6969
Iwritecode
Viva Medias B's
chisoxmike
DrCrawdad (probably)
Foulke You
SouthSideHitman
doublem23 (maybe)
jamteh
Dan H
Hangar18
soxphotos
HITMEN OF 77
soxrme
FedEx227
bafiarocks03
Realist
jake27
whitesoxwilkes
TheArmyOfNeems
soxwon
BainesHOF
Viva Medias B's
steff
chisoxcardsbabe
FightingBillini
whitesoxwilkes
chidavid18
alohafri
Palehose13
southsidegirl
C-Dawg
Olivo4MVP
OEO Magglio
mannuelsucks
NowBatting19
ewokpelts
Ol' No. 2
jackbrohamer
Mickster
Ol Aches & Pains
JGarlandrules20
EMel9281
buehrle4cy05
A.T. Money
StillMissOzzie

soxwon
01-08-2005, 08:52 PM
If not from the hotel. Last year we bought beers at the store IN the Hyatt to drink while waiting in line.. security asked to see our receipt.
how much was a six pack? $15?

Vestigio
01-09-2005, 03:37 AM
My dad, my two brothers, my cousin and her fiance, and myself will be attending SoxFest. We will either go on Saturday or Sunday.

sox7235
01-09-2005, 05:31 AM
I will be attending my first SoxFest this year. I am going on Sunday. Do the players attend all 3 days for autographs and stuff like that? Just curious because I really want to get AJ and Tim raines autograph, amongst others.

Sure hope they are selling AJ jerseys too.

C-Dawg
01-09-2005, 10:55 AM
Updated list as of 1/8

That's quite a list. Maybe we need nametags?

soxwon
01-09-2005, 11:21 AM

i was gonna suggest that too!!

soxwon
01-09-2005, 11:22 AM
I will be attending my first SoxFest this year. I am going on Sunday. Do the players attend all 3 days for autographs and stuff like that? Just curious because I really want to get AJ and Tim raines autograph, amongst others.

i doubt they will have any yet!!!
what will his # be?

doublem23
01-09-2005, 11:23 AM

I've never been to Soxfest, but if it is anything like the Garage Sale, they'll only be selling older stuff.

TDog
01-09-2005, 11:31 AM

Some guys listed may not be there Sunday. I know Ron Kittle is flying out of Chicago Sunday for another event, so he may not be able to spend much time at Soxfest. A few other guys, including Harold Baines and Aaron Rowand, may be in the same situation.

HITMEN OF 77
01-09-2005, 11:38 AM
Nametags? Brilliant!! :gulp:

TornLabrum
01-09-2005, 11:38 AM
Since I'll be working the WCSF booth I'll have a nametag. And of course you can probably find me working there during a lot of the three days.