PDA

View Full Version : White Sox Interactive

Shingotime!!
12-28-2004, 12:57 AM
We are all very lucky to have a site like this for us to express our feelings and be with felow sox fans. for me its hard to find anyone who isnt a cubs fan because i live in the burbs. this is a great site and the higher up's deserve a thanks. who every views this must list 1 thing they like about this site, i'll start.

1) I like all the different opinions from sox fans and the knowledge of older wiser sox fans.

DrCrawdad
12-28-2004, 12:59 AM
We are all very lucky to have a site like this for us to express our feelings and be with felow sox fans. for me its hard to find anyone who isnt a cubs fan because i live in the burbs. this is a great site and the higher up's deserve a thanks. who every views this must list 1 thing they like about this site, i'll start.

1) I like all the different opinions from sox fans and the knowledge of older wiser sox fans.

Well I'm here with you in the same 'burb. There may not be as many of us Sox fans here as there are Cubbie fans but there are quite a few of us Sox fans here in Naperville.

ChiWhiteSox1337
12-28-2004, 01:01 AM
I agree! I love this board and I would like to say thanks to the mods and admins who keep the board troll free. Ever since my dad died and I had to move I haven't had anyone except for this board to talk to about the SOX!!!!!! If it weren't for you guys, I'd have no one to share my excitement with over the southsiders since no one out here in Rockford cares about baseball unless the cubs are doing good.

DaleJRFan
I, for one, certainly appreciate the sense of humor the majority of WSI participants possess... it makes some of the harsh realities of being a Sox fan tolerable.

It seems that sometimes the WSI forums break news faster than ESPN1000, SCR670, etc... so I always check here first! This makes it possible to have players on my PS2 '05 roster faster than chisox.com can post the press release!

:)

Shingotime!!
yeah, i live in Naperville too. at my highschool it is really cub fan biased thou. I get into so many arguments with them its not even funny. I have convinces my american studies teacher to let us have a debat later in the year (cubs vs. sox) will be very interesting.

duderanch420
12-28-2004, 01:10 AM
Well i live downstate and most people don't even know Chicago has two baseball teams so its nice to meet other Sox fans. First post but have been reading posts for a couple of weeks now.

Shingotime!!
12-28-2004, 01:14 AM
welcome aboard!

hosieryofthegods
12-28-2004, 03:57 AM
For me, it's nice to read about a team I care about. I'm sick of looking at Espn and other sites, and only seeing the flurry of Red Sox, Yankee, and Dodger signings. Welcome aboard me matey.:gulp:

Whitesox029
12-28-2004, 05:17 PM
yeah, i live in Naperville too. at my highschool it is really cub fan biased thou. I get into so many arguments with them its not even funny. I have convinces my american studies teacher to let us have a debat later in the year (cubs vs. sox) will be very interesting. Does your school allow high school shadows? I'll come help! From the sound of it you're going to be pretty alone. My school (Benet) made me sick back in fall of 2003. They had "Cubs" on the attendance sheets one day even. Oh well..at least we didn't have a Cubbie pep rally. The dean is a Cubs fan so it was sweet to see the look he gave me when I wore a Cardinals hat after school one day this year. The funniest part was that he couldn't do a thing.
I have a funny story along those lines though from back in 1998 that involves my mom's old friend from high school, whom our family still sees. She has 3 kids and the whole family are Sox fans ( her father is our ticket source I might add). So one day she was talking to my dad and she was telling him that some woman from her kids' school called and said that the next school day was going to be Cubs spirit day, where all the kids would wear Cubs gear. The woman on the phone sounded very enthusiatic about being able to organize the whole thing. Her reply was, and I quote, "I would rather run out of a burning house naked than send my children to school in Cubs clothes." Apparently the woman was affronted and she hung up.