PDA

View Full Version : Renovation Idea

batmanZoSo
12-27-2004, 11:28 PM
This pic gave me an idea for a cheap renovation that I think would greatly improve the feel in the stands. Paint the aisle stairs in each section of the park a black color to match the steelwork around the park. This would really warm up the place a lot and get rid of that sterile concrete feel that's dogged the park all these years. And it would look awesome against the new green seats. It's something that could even be done during the season, maybe even during a week long road trip. They can also do this around the bullpens and the bullpen sports bar. Painting the tiers was a nice step, but this would dramatically improve the park I think for a relatively simple and cheap idea. And despite that it's so simple, I think it would be such a big improvement that it's worth discussing....

http://cache.boston.com/bonzai-fba/Third_Party_Photo/2004/12/23/1103814041_6545.jpg

I think that looks pretty cool. Especially the numbers for the aisles. What do y'all think?

soltrain21
12-27-2004, 11:38 PM
I think it would look really cool. However, I don't think it would look as cool because our stairs are too smooth. Those stairs in the picture look "rough" if you know what I mean. So I don't think it would have the same effect.

And that was my Queer Eye for the Straight Guy moment of the day.

MUsoxfan
12-28-2004, 12:10 AM
Also....during the summer, sun reflecting off black stairs would be really really hot and uncomfortable.

Clembasbal
12-28-2004, 01:09 AM
I don't think I like it...I like the green better. I just think that going too rustic in a new ballpark would just seem like we are trying too hard.

soxnut
12-28-2004, 02:10 AM
Not in favor of the idea either. I'd go for them painting the facades black instead of the grey, but that's it. I'm tired of everything black. I wish they'd change the uniform colors also.:(:

DaleJRFan
12-28-2004, 02:13 AM
paint the rails to match the scheme of old comisky...

MUsoxfan
12-28-2004, 02:14 AM
I wish they'd change the uniform colors also.:(:Now that's just crazy talk.:smile: I feel that the Sox have some of the nicest uniforms in MLB. Plus.....haven't we gone through enough uniforms already. I like that we picked something and stuck with it

jordan23ventura
12-28-2004, 02:31 AM
This pic gave me an idea for a cheap renovation that I think would greatly improve the feel in the stands. Paint the aisle stairs in each section of the park a black color to match the steelwork around the park. This would really warm up the place a lot and get rid of that sterile concrete feel that's dogged the park all these years. And it would look awesome against the new green seats. It's something that could even be done during the season, maybe even during a week long road trip. They can also do this around the bullpens and the bullpen sports bar. Painting the tiers was a nice step, but this would dramatically improve the park I think for a relatively simple and cheap idea. And despite that it's so simple, I think it would be such a big improvement that it's worth discussing....http://www.cyberpaperboy.com/martha_stewart.jpg"You are correct in that the grey is definately tired and drab, but you can't solve your problems with black. I think a slight aquamarine would be more appealing to the eyes and overall more of a testament to the beauty of summer. It's also worth considering to add drapes - preferably in pastels - along the roof of the dugouts. Instead of intimidating the fans with the presence of muscles, tobacco chewing, and overall raw masculinity, I believe pastels would, in a way, invite the fans into the dugout for milk and cookies. An antique shop where the bullpen sports bar currently stands would also add to the flair, as well as bring diversity to such a male-dominated sporting event. And after the game, between sips of chardonnay, the players can sign macaroni pictures of themselves for the underpriviledged children."

MUsoxfan
12-28-2004, 02:34 AM
http://www.cyberpaperboy.com/martha_stewart.jpg"You are correct in that the grey is definately tired and drab, but you can't solve your problems with black. I think a slight aquamarine would be more appealing to the eyes and overall more of a testament to the beauty of summer. It's also worth considering to add drapes - preferably in pastels - along the roof of the dugouts. Instead of intimidating the fans with the presence of muscles, tobacco chewing, and overall raw masculinity, I believe pastels would, in a way, invite the fans into the dugout for milk and cookies. An antique shop where the bullpen sports bar would also add to the flair, as well as bring diversity to such a male-dominated sporting event. And after the game, between sips of chardonnay, the players can sign macaroni pictures of themselves for the underpriviledged children."
I wasn't with you until you said Macaroni pictures. Now I'm SOLD on the idea. Get Brooks on the phone

I_Liked_Manuel
12-28-2004, 03:11 AM
keep it forest green and 'safety' yellow...just like old comiskey

soxnut
12-28-2004, 12:29 PM
Now that's just crazy talk.:smile: I feel that the Sox have some of the nicest uniforms in MLB. Plus.....haven't we gone through enough uniforms already. I like that we picked something and stuck with it
I just want some other colors in the uniform besides black. I like the coloring of what the Sox have on their official website(black,white, grey and green). That combination is more appealing to me. I really don't like getting alot of Sox merchandise...unless it has alot of white in it. I don't like black t-shirts, other black shirts/stuff, etc. Black is a great accent color, but I don't like it as a main.

I do agree that I like the fact that they have stuck witht the same uniform STYLE. But I would like to see at least an alternate trim, so that they can incorporate that into merchandising opportunities that would be appealing to me.

twsoxfan5
12-28-2004, 01:13 PM
I would say keep the style and color but just add some red trim. I think that would look really cool and it would not be too big of a change.

GregoryEtc
12-28-2004, 01:54 PM
I could go for a little change as well... but the current uniforms have worked so well. We've been so successful in them. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

eshunn2001
12-28-2004, 02:23 PM
I would say keep the style and color but just add some red trim. I think that would look really cool and it would not be too big of a change.For some reason I just do not like the Idea of Red on a White Sox uniform while there is a team called the Red Sox in the league. It's just a peeve of mine. But I guess the Red Sox wear white. so mmmmmmmmm

batmanZoSo
12-28-2004, 03:04 PM
Also....during the summer, sun reflecting off black stairs would be really really hot and uncomfortable. Satin/low lustre finish, so no glare. And we're not sitting on them, how are they uncomfortable? I think it would, along with the green seats, make the park a lot less reflective and bright. And the darker the color, the less it reflects light, so if anything the ambient temperature would decrease, considering the current steps are almost stark white. I usually find after a day at the park that my facial muscles are tired because of squinting. And my pupils are all contracted. It is pretty bright there when it's sunny.

batmanZoSo
12-28-2004, 03:09 PM
I just want some other colors in the uniform besides black. I like the coloring of what the Sox have on their official website(black,white, grey and green). That combination is more appealing to me. I really don't like getting alot of Sox merchandise...unless it has alot of white in it. I don't like black t-shirts, other black shirts/stuff, etc. Black is a great accent color, but I don't like it as a main.

I do agree that I like the fact that they have stuck witht the same uniform STYLE. But I would like to see at least an alternate trim, so that they can incorporate that into merchandising opportunities that would be appealing to me.
Not black-black, but charcoal grey. I'm tellin ya's, if I could do a photoshop close up of how this would look, y'all'd love it.

I don't see anything that needs to be changed about the uniforms. We're the White Sox, what color could we possibly have other than white and black? Or the "silver," which is just gray. They're all just varying degrees of each other anyway. I wouldn't mind navy blue and grey on the road or something, but I love our road uniforms. Maybe get rid of those road stripes and have black piping, I always liked teams that had that.

batmanZoSo
12-28-2004, 03:13 PM
For some reason I just do not like the Idea of Red on a White Sox uniform while there is a team called the Red Sox in the league. It's just a peeve of mine. But I guess the Red Sox wear white. so mmmmmmmmm
So does every team in every sport. White isn't really a color in the sports world, it's just given. I wouldn't mind if we had red trim, but only a tiny bit to replace the grey around the logo or something. I thought the red pinstripes..while they did look pretty cool..were just ridiculous because of who we are.

DiGiSyKo
12-28-2004, 03:20 PM
So does every team in every sport. White isn't really a color in the sports world, it's just given. I wouldn't mind if we had red trim, but only a tiny bit to replace the grey around the logo or something. I thought the red pinstripes..while they did look pretty cool..were just ridiculous because of who we are.sorta like the red trim of the 1950s?

lths06
12-28-2004, 03:20 PM
Not black-black, but charcoal grey. I'm tellin ya's, if I could do a photoshop close up of how this would look, y'all'd love it.

I don't see anything that needs to be changed about the uniforms. We're the White Sox, what color could we possibly have other than white and black? Or the "silver," which is just gray. They're all just varying degrees of each other anyway. I wouldn't mind navy blue and grey on the road or something, but I love our road uniforms. Maybe get rid of those road stripes and have black piping, I always liked teams that had that.
Yea, I was thinking that charcoal grey would look much better than black. Could somebody e-mail Brooks about this idea?

GregoryEtc
12-28-2004, 03:28 PM
Here's an idea. I've seen a number of college football teams do it as motivation (see Michigan State, Colorado State). I say they take the last names off the back and the logo's off the caps and helmets until the Sox win the pennant.

They can go back to the 1917 style uniforms (below) because that was the last uniform that won the World Series. The current old english style has only one pennant in 35 years of use.
http://www.baseballhalloffame.org/exhibits/online_exhibits/dressed_to_the_nines/images/al_1917_chicago.gif

lths06
12-28-2004, 03:32 PM
Here's an idea. I've seen a number of college football teams do it as motivation (see Michigan State, Colorado State). I say they take the last names off the back and the logo's off the caps and helmets until the Sox win the pennant.

They can go back to the 1917 style uniforms (below) because that was the last uniform that won the World Series. The current old english style has only one pennant in 35 years of use.
http://www.baseballhalloffame.org/exhibits/online_exhibits/dressed_to_the_nines/images/al_1917_chicago.gif
Well, they wore the 1917 uni's a couple of years ago for every sunday home game - didn't work. I dont see this ever happening

soltrain21
12-28-2004, 03:53 PM
I think just adding a forest green trim would be nice. Around the silver on the logo or something.

I really like our uniforms though, and would hate a drastic change. The road uniforms are my favorite in all of sports.

soxnut
12-28-2004, 04:11 PM
sorta like the red trim of the 1950s?
Those unfirms looked pretty cool. Icould handle that too. As for road uniforms, I'd rather we go back to the 50's style as well. I'm probably one of the few who doesn't like their existing road uniforms. A few years ago they wore the 50's style in Cleveland, and I thought they looked great, and that's the way a baseball road uniform should look.

And I'm not even from that era, but the Sox uni's were the best then. I also would mind seeing them in the '17 uni's either I must confess.:smile:

batmanZoSo
12-28-2004, 04:11 PM
sorta like the red trim of the 1950s?
Yeah. I love the way they had numbers on the sleeves. No one in baseball has that, we should do it.

JKryl
12-28-2004, 04:24 PM
Not in favor of the idea either. I'd go for them painting the facades black instead of the grey, but that's it. I'm tired of everything black. I wish they'd change the uniform colors also.:(:
I agree with both points. Black would be too hot in the summer, but I think the old battleship grey would do. Also, the Silver and Black uniform look has seen its day. Lets get back to the '59 look of the Go-Go Sox. Maybe a change in uniform will also help change the mind set on the team.

LVSoxFan
12-28-2004, 04:37 PM
Now that's just crazy talk.:smile: I feel that the Sox have some of the nicest uniforms in MLB. Plus.....haven't we gone through enough uniforms already. I like that we picked something and stuck with it
Yes, blasphemer! I love the black/white/gray color scheme of the Sox uniforms! One thing that DOESN'T need to change!

soxnut
12-28-2004, 04:40 PM
I agree with both points. Black would be too hot in the summer, but I think the old battleship grey would do. Also, the Silver and Black uniform look has seen its day. Lets get back to the '59 look of the Go-Go Sox. Maybe a change in uniform will also help change the mind set on the team.
Yeah, you know, and everyone seems to have black alternate jersey now and it is getting tired. I was happy to see that the Nationals didn't go that route. Changing to the '59 uni would be great, and it wouldn't be that significant of a change in style, just enough to freshen the look. Even though I'd be more in favor of the '59 style with grey, green accents intead.

soxnut
12-28-2004, 04:41 PM
Yes, blasphemer! I love the black/white/gray color scheme of the Sox uniforms! One thing that DOESN'T need to change!
BOO!:tongue: :mad: :wink:

Whitesox029
12-28-2004, 06:04 PM
This pic gave me an idea for a cheap renovation that I think would greatly improve the feel in the stands. Paint the aisle stairs in each section of the park a black color to match the steelwork around the park. This would really warm up the place a lot and get rid of that sterile concrete feel that's dogged the park all these years. And it would look awesome against the new green seats. It's something that could even be done during the season, maybe even during a week long road trip. They can also do this around the bullpens and the bullpen sports bar. Painting the tiers was a nice step, but this would dramatically improve the park I think for a relatively simple and cheap idea. And despite that it's so simple, I think it would be such a big improvement that it's worth discussing....

I think that looks pretty cool. Especially the numbers for the aisles. What do y'all think? As long as we're making the seats green, let's paint the railings in the upper deck yellow for that nostalgic feel!

batmanZoSo
12-28-2004, 06:25 PM
As long as we're making the seats green, let's paint the railings in the upper deck yellow for that nostalgic feel!
I loved the safety yellow rails at Old Comiskey. Just a nice colorful touch and it stood out as Comiskey..you knew you weren't looking at any other park.

chaz171
12-28-2004, 06:31 PM
Quote:As long as we're making the seats green, let's paint the railings in the upper deck yellow for that nostalgic feel!

I think while we're at it, bring back the astroturf infield!

Whitesox029
12-28-2004, 06:50 PM
I loved the safety yellow rails at Old Comiskey. Just a nice colorful touch and it stood out as Comiskey..you knew you weren't looking at any other park. I can take the teal off if you want. I'm not adverse to the green seats and I certainly wouldn't care if they did paint the railings yellow, though I don't think they would.

twsoxfan5
12-28-2004, 07:34 PM
I do think an updated version of the 1917 jerseys would be very cool. Also all I am talking about is red trim. I do not like the idea of a lot of red either, just maybe border the letters on both home and away uniforms.

FightingBillini
12-28-2004, 10:01 PM
Yeah. I love the way they had numbers on the sleeves. No one in baseball has that.
other than the Phillies

batmanZoSo
12-28-2004, 10:15 PM
other than the Phillies
D'oh!

StockdaleForVeep
12-28-2004, 10:24 PM

http://cache.boston.com/bonzai-fba/Third_Party_Photo/2004/12/23/1103814041_6545.jpg

I think that looks pretty cool. Especially the numbers for the aisles. What do y'all think?

http://www.pmpnetwork.com/pat_morita/miyagi.jpg
"Batman-san, you will paint the park, UP, DOWN...UP...DOWN"

PaleHoseGeorge
12-28-2004, 10:35 PM
If the damn lines inside the mens' room don't get better, I say...

Bring back the troughs!
:wink:

http://flyingsock.com/OldComiskey/images/comiskey34.jpg

lths06
12-28-2004, 10:38 PM

Bring back the troughs!

What do you think this is, Wrigley?:D:

PaleHoseGeorge
12-28-2004, 10:40 PM
What do you think this is, Wrigley?:D:
Nah. If this was Wrigley, we would just piss in the sinks.
:redneck

StockdaleForVeep
12-28-2004, 10:42 PM

Bring back the troughs!

that pix makes me just wanna retch...

FightingBillini
12-28-2004, 10:56 PM
Yeah. I love the way they had numbers on the sleeves. No one in baseball has that, we should do it.I agree. While crazy people on this board continue to want out jerseys to be green, blue, red, 1917, 1971, and 1983, this is probably the only change in uniform that I would welcome. I dont think the numbers on the left chest look right on the home jerseys. I would love if they were moved to the left sleeve. I dont know how the black jerseys would look with the numbers on the sleeves, maybe they could stay the same on those. I think that the 59 jerseys were among the best ever in sports, and I wouldnt mind if this was done to honor them.

batmanZoSo
12-28-2004, 11:02 PM
I agree. While cray people on this board continue to want out jerseys to be green, blue, red, 1917, 1971, and 1983, this is probably the only change in uniform that I would welcome. I dont think the numbers on the left chest look right on the home jerseys. I would love if they were moved to the left sleeve. I dont know how the black jerseys would look with the numbers on the sleeves, maybe they could stay the same on those. I think that the 59 jerseys were among the best ever in sports, and I wouldnt mind if this was done to honor them.
I don't like the number placed over the liver. I'd rather they just stick it on the upper thigh like so many teams did in the 80s...or maybe that was just us...we're usually the "only ones" ever to do those kinds of things.

But yes, definitely on the sleeve, that way you have something on both sleeves. And we're guaranteed never to have some stupid generic looking patch that says "American League Ballclub" or reminds us of the park we play in. Ugh.

FightingBillini
12-28-2004, 11:14 PM
I don't like the number placed over the liver. I'd rather they just stick it on the upper thigh like so many teams did in the 80s...or maybe that was just us...we're usually the "only ones" ever to do those kinds of things. .Im not going to even comment on putting the numbers on the thighs:tongue: .

But yes, definitely on the sleeve, that way you have something on both sleeves. And we're guaranteed never to have some stupid generic looking patch that says "American League Ballclub" or reminds us of the park we play in. Ugh
Actually the home jerseys dont have any patches now that we no longer play in Comiskey park. I love the diamond Sox logo on the road and alternate jerseys, but I dont think it would look good against pinstripes. I think the sleeve numbers would only work on the home jerseys. The other two have patches on the right sleeves, and I dont know if MLB would let them cover up both sleeve regularly (due to some special occasion patches). Anyone who noticed the Phillies this year knows how ridiculous it could get. Their right sleeves had 3 patches on them.

THE_HOOTER
12-29-2004, 10:47 AM

Bring back the troughs!

I am going to assume you are serious about the long lines because if there is any type of crowd, the lines are just horrible.

You cannot get a HOTDOG with Onions unless you stand in line for 1-2 innings, and by the 5th inning the washrooms are just packed.

I would take the troughs any day of the week over waiting in line and listening to idiots bitch about the umpires.:bandance:

zach074
12-29-2004, 10:53 AM
At the Sox Cubs game a couple of years ago, i went to the bathroom and the line was so long that i missed an inning and the 7th inning stretch. I was so sad

Hangar18
12-29-2004, 11:39 AM
YES, cover up as much of the Plain Concrete as possible.
Great place to start is THE BULLPEN BAR. its terrible looking.
If they painted it the same scheme as the Entrance Ramps ...wow would
it look cool. Also, yes, either go BLACK or CHARCOAL GRAY for the
stairs ...... would look much better than Concrete. As a rule, the more
concrete thats covered up, the Better.
Outside the Park, Put Bricks halfway up the Exterior of the park. Totally
easy to do seeing as its all Precast concrete panels out there.

Let me say again, the Black Steelwork and Lighting Trusses Look AWESOME,
especially on a sunny day .........The Black makes our park look Tough, yet
Warm at the same time.

FightingBillini
12-29-2004, 12:14 PM
YES, cover up as much of the Plain Concrete as possible.
Great place to start is THE BULLPEN BAR. its terrible looking.
If they painted it the same scheme as the Entrance Ramps ...wow would
it look cool. Also, yes, either go BLACK or CHARCOAL GRAY for the
stairs ...... would look much better than Concrete. As a rule, the more
concrete thats covered up, the Better.
Outside the Park, Put Bricks halfway up the Exterior of the park. Totally
easy to do seeing as its all Precast concrete panels out there.

Let me say again, the Black Steelwork and Lighting Trusses Look AWESOME,
especially on a sunny day .........The Black makes our park look Tough, yet
Warm at the same time.I think they should cover the exposed concrete in the bullpens with bricks. I think it would look GREAT, especially against the green outfield fence. It's hard to tell due to the clarity of the photos on the Sox site, but it looks like the exposed concrete behind home plate will either be painted green or have bricks layed over it. Either is a very welcome change, IMO. A couple of years ago they painted all the white concrete inside grey. While better than the white, grey is too drab. I can't agree with you enough on putting bricks on the outside of the park. Hopefully that will happen. No matter what everyone says, we really have a great ballpark. Only a few minor cosmetic changes and it will be perfect.:bandance:

BTW, I read here a few times that there was indications that the Sox planned on building a team offices building outside of the park, and then using the current team offices for moving the ramps inside and other stuff. Is that true for next offseason? Has anyone heard anything about that?

Hangar18
12-29-2004, 12:52 PM
I think they should cover the exposed concrete in the bullpens with bricks. I think it would look GREAT, especially against the green outfield fence. It's hard to tell due to the clarity of the photos on the Sox site, but it looks like the exposed concrete behind home plate will either be painted green or have bricks layed over it. Either is a very welcome change, IMO. A couple of years ago they painted all the white concrete inside grey. While better than the white, grey is too drab. I can't agree with you enough on putting bricks on the outside of the park. Hopefully that will happen. No matter what everyone says, we really have a great ballpark. Only a few minor cosmetic changes and it will be perfect.:bandance:

BTW, I read here a few times that there was indications that the Sox planned on building a team offices building outside of the park, and then using the current team offices for moving the ramps inside and other stuff. Is that true for next offseason? Has anyone heard anything about that?
BRICKS in the Bullpen Bar AND the actual Bullpens? man, that would look
great ........ Excellent Idea ..

Brian26
12-29-2004, 02:56 PM
I do think an updated version of the 1917 jerseys would be very cool. Also all I am talking about is red trim. I do not like the idea of a lot of red either, just maybe border the letters on both home and away uniforms.
No way. Keep everything black and silver. Would you add red to the Yankees uniform? Come on.

Brian26
12-29-2004, 03:00 PM
Ugh. DON'T change the uniforms for the sake of changing the uniforms. The uniforms build tradition for the team. It's something that links generations together. This is the best Sox uniform ever, and they'd be crazy to change a thing on it. No tinkering!

Brian26
12-29-2004, 03:01 PM
AGREED! The Sox should keep these unis for another 30 years. They're beautiful and perfect.

batmanZoSo
12-29-2004, 11:42 PM
Im not going to even comment on putting the numbers on the thighs:tongue: .
Actually the home jerseys dont have any patches now that we no longer play in Comiskey park. I love the diamond Sox logo on the road and alternate jerseys, but I dont think it would look good against pinstripes. I think the sleeve numbers would only work on the home jerseys. The other two have patches on the right sleeves, and I dont know if MLB would let them cover up both sleeve regularly (due to some special occasion patches). Anyone who noticed the Phillies this year knows how ridiculous it could get. Their right sleeves had 3 patches on them.
I think home only would be good. Unless they got rid of the diamond sock on the road one. But it would definitely look best against the pinstripes.

By the way, you sure know a lot about the Phillies. Good for you :cool:

seththesock1
01-16-2005, 05:14 PM
i think black is pretty cool, but to make it even better instead of black i think the stairs should be brick. And for the changing of the uniforms, its a must! The current uniforms look ridiculous! We need to bring back the classic sox uniforms and get rid of these stupid 90's uniforms. Baseball is starting to drift back to the golden age of baseball (before the strike of 94') and many teams are upgrading thier uniforms to look from the 20's to 30's (inclluding us) so a new uniform is a must and i think its inevitable for the next five years.

zach074
01-16-2005, 06:49 PM
i think black is pretty cool, but to make it even better instead of black i think the stairs should be brick. And for the changing of the uniforms, its a must! The current uniforms look ridiculous! We need to bring back the classic sox uniforms and get rid of these stupid 90's uniforms. Baseball is starting to drift back to the golden age of baseball (before the strike of 94') and many teams are upgrading thier uniforms to look from the 20's to 30's (inclluding us) so a new uniform is a must and i think its inevitable for the next five years.

Your kidding me right?:?:

C-Dawg
01-16-2005, 07:39 PM
And for the changing of the uniforms, its a must! The current uniforms look ridiculous!

Everyone I know seems to like them. :cool:

Brian26
01-16-2005, 08:13 PM
And for the changing of the uniforms, its a must! The current uniforms look ridiculous! We need to bring back the classic sox uniforms and get rid of these stupid 90's uniforms. Baseball is starting to drift back to the golden age of baseball (before the strike of 94') and many teams are upgrading thier uniforms to look from the 20's to 30's (inclluding us) so a new uniform is a must and i think its inevitable for the next five years.

What are you smoking? The 90's uniforms ARE throwbacks, with a modern flair of style. I wouldn't touch the current unis AT ALL.

zach074
01-16-2005, 08:19 PM
Not a good start for you but :welcome: anyway.

FightingBillini
01-16-2005, 08:23 PM
What are you smoking? The 90's uniforms ARE throwbacks, with a modern flair of style. I wouldn't touch the current unis AT ALL.

Yeah, thats like PHG wanting Bears "throwback" uniforms like the Giants and Jets wear. Although the Bears have been wearing the same uniforms since the early 50s.:kukoo:

slavko
01-16-2005, 11:59 PM
Clean lines, exposed steelwork is beautiful, fandeck unique and beautiful, greenery in CF beautiful, green seats an improvement, new instructional area sure to be a big hit......so what element of the park needs to be reconsidered (that means eliminated)? Am I the only one who sees the tacky exposed part of the exploding scoreboard as being out of place? I know it is an element of the old park, and I don't mind the fireworks after a home run, but the pinwheels and junk atop the center field scoreboard don't go with the great looking park we have now.

FightingBillini
01-17-2005, 12:05 AM
Am I the only one who sees the tacky exposed part of the exploding scoreboard as being out of place?
Most likely

pinwheels3530
01-17-2005, 04:13 AM
Clean lines, exposed steelwork is beautiful, fandeck unique and beautiful, greenery in CF beautiful, green seats an improvement, new instructional area sure to be a big hit......so what element of the park needs to be reconsidered (that means eliminated)? Am I the only one who sees the tacky exposed part of the exploding scoreboard as being out of place? I know it is an element of the old park, and I don't mind the fireworks after a home run, but the pinwheels and junk atop the center field scoreboard don't go with the great looking park we have now.

The pinwheels are the best part of the park.

Gosox1917
01-17-2005, 10:36 AM
Make the right field pavalion thing that is being rumored, put some restaurants and bars around the park, and I'm overjoyed. The way the park looks now is fine IMO. We've come along way since 1991 I'll admit, but with the plans that are currently in motion I'll be happy with the end product. Oh, and don't screw with the unis!

Gosox1917
01-17-2005, 10:38 AM
The fact we're talking about what colors the uniforms should be and what color to paint the stairs I believe is more than enough proof we need 1) the season to begin very very soon 2) A world championship. :wink:

slavko
01-18-2005, 01:17 PM
The pinwheels are the best part of the park.

I like Millenium Park, the rest of you like Santa's Village.

Mickster
01-18-2005, 01:26 PM
I like Millenium Park, the rest of you like Santa's Village.

I like TEAL.

:tealpolice: