PDA

View Full Version : Chicago Fans

Ozzballfest
12-27-2004, 04:01 PM
Are there any fans in Chicago who are fans of both the Cubs and White Sox? If not why not? If so why are they fans of both?

I'm a White Sox but don't care about the Cubs. I didn't root for the Marlins or the Cubs in 2003. Matter of fact I didn't hear about Bartman until the next morning. I just didn't care.

robiwho
12-27-2004, 04:22 PM
There are two non-Sox fans in my family (yes, only two!) and they're both married to cousins of mine. At the recent family Christmas party one of them said that he grew up a cubs fan but now he followed and liked both teams. Everyone just stared at him in silence when he said that, until I said, "You know, Mike, we would trust you more if you just said you were a cubs fan." That got a big laugh!

I just don't trust people who say they're fans of both teams. It feels like they're hedging their bets so they can claim either team if one has a good season.

I only knew about the Bartman moment because I was at a conference in Springfield that week and got stuck in a hotel bar while the game was on. Called my brother on the cell phone to share the laugh. At least the night wasn't a total waste.:D:

Whitesox029
12-27-2004, 04:42 PM
I've seen this phenomenon show up at sox-cubs games wearing a sox jersey and a cubs hat or vice-versa. Most Sox-only and Cubs-only fans don't like these people much, though for a totally different reason than the reason they don't like each other...Though I would rather see the Sox win than the Cubs lose if I could only pick one, I do watch Cubs games and root openly against them, and ideally they would finish last while the Sox would finish first.

Max Power
12-27-2004, 05:10 PM
I think its possible to be a fan of both teams under the right circumstances. Generally people like that would have to be: only casual baseball fans, not originally from the Chicago area, and probably older.
Hey, I just described my parents... and sure enough they are fans of both teams. Not a big deal because they don't take things so seriously, like I do. I do get mad at them sometimes when they talk to me about the Cubs though.

DumpJerry
12-27-2004, 05:12 PM
It is schizo to be a fan of both. Not possible. Can you be two different religions at the same time? Especially two religions that contradict each other?

SoxFan78
12-27-2004, 05:12 PM
My sox friends and I have a friend who is friends of both teams Cubs and Sox.

We call him Bi-Sexual.

I dont know how it happened. I have more respect for hard core Cub fans then people that are fans of both teams. Pick one.

soxfan43
12-27-2004, 05:14 PM
when people claim to be a fan of the sox and scrubs, its called one thing: fair weather fans.

soxwon
12-27-2004, 05:14 PM
I've seen this phenomenon show up at sox-cubs games wearing a sox jersey and a cubs hat or vice-versa. Most Sox-only and Cubs-only fans don't like these people much, though for a totally different reason than the reason they don't like each other...Though I would rather see the Sox win than the Cubs lose if I could only pick one, I do watch Cubs games and root openly against them, and ideally they would finish last while the Sox would finish first.

i believe if you like both teams, you are a CUBS FAN.
its white sox or nothing in my eyes.

NonetheLoaiza
12-27-2004, 05:19 PM
i believe if you like both teams, you are a CUBS FAN.
its white sox or nothing in my eyes.
amen

HomeFish
12-27-2004, 05:32 PM
Such people disgust me. I have never understood them and don't really care enough to attempt to.

The first thing I teach people about Chicago baseball is that you can't be a fan of both teams. I'd rather you end up a Cub fan than a "fan of both teams".

ewokpelts
12-27-2004, 05:33 PM

We call him Bi-Sexual.

I dont know how it happened. I have more respect for hard core Cub fans then people that are fans of both teams. Pick one.well....REAL hard core cub fans are actually pretty cool..they're knowledgable, critical, and more fair than thier fake bretheren....how often is it when a cub fan would be objective about the sox? only the real ones....
Gene

Rocky Soprano
12-27-2004, 05:36 PM
well....REAL hard core cub fans are actually pretty cool..they're knowledgable, critical, and more fair than thier fake bretheren....how often is it when a cub fan would be objective about the sox? only the real ones....
Gene
I gotta agree with Gene here.

I know some REAL Cubs fans and they are pretty good people. I love talking baseball with them because we can actually agree on the strenghts and weakness on BOTH teams.

Too bad I only knew like 2 or 3 of them. :redneck

gosox3072
12-27-2004, 05:51 PM
I know one die hard cub fan, and he is probably the most knowledgeable baseball fan i know. I must say that if you like both teams you are more than likely a fair weathered fan. Plus if u like both teams it is easier to say you like the cubs openly because EVERYBODY is a cub fan. I think thats why it seems like chicago is more pro cubs.

soxfan43
12-27-2004, 05:53 PM
i went to school in ohio and all of a sudden last fall there were tons of people with cubs hats popping up around campus from both people from chicago and elsewhere, so I naturally engaged them in some baseball talk. Most of them couldn't name a player besides sammy, wood or prior or who the cubs were playing that day. i think thats a big reason of the "hatred" between the fans of both teams. most sox fans are very knowledgable about baseball in general. the real hardcore cubs fans are the same way, you can argue baseball with them all day. the "fake" cubs fans are the ones who are cubs fans to be trendy or because their friends are cubs fans. they argue how much better the cubs are even though they have no facts to back them up. they'd rather argue about how "great" wrigley is compared to the cell instead of arguing about actual baseball. they like to say they have the best rotation in baseball even though they can't stay healthy for a whole season. they conveniently forget the corking incident and look the other way about sammy and steroids. whereas the real cubs fans know what a fraud sammy is and cant for him to get out of town. wow this post just got me real exciting for another summer of baseball arguments at the bars.

rdivaldi
12-27-2004, 05:55 PM
The upswing in bi-fans is due to the ever increasing amounts of transplants living in the city. They have no (emotional) investment in either team. No born and bred Chicagoan could be a fan of both teams.

jshanahanjr
12-27-2004, 06:05 PM
It's my right to hate the Cubs, and I will continue to honor it.

CecilCooper
12-27-2004, 06:21 PM
I would simply be Pro-Sox and Cubs-indifferent if it were not for the atrocious attitudes, lifestyles and general intelligence level of Cubs fans.

Cubs fans are constantly ragging on the Sox, their park, and their fans. How familiar do these things sound?:

-Sox fans don't care, they don't show up. They have to be told when to cheer by scoreboards and announcements.
-Comiskey Park is like a graveyard. No one gets excited. It doesn't have that "old timey" feel. It's soulless.
-The South Side neighborhood sucks. You are guaranteed to get robbed/mugged/raped if you go there. There's nothing to do after a game except run away.
-Only white trash go to Sox games. The women are all ugly. Drunken biker types are always running on the field attacking players and coaches.

Then, add a chorus of anti-sox media bias in the city's major rags, and a national wave of irrational love of the Cubs (when in fact, their management has until the last two seasons been almost as bad as Sox mgmt. in terms of using last gasp veterans and letting go/not paying premium talent.).

Then, add the fact that most Cubs fans know nothing about the game itself, yet feel it necessary to display their open ignorance in barrooms and workplaces across the city.

Then, add the fact that lots and lots of Cubs fans are yuppie pukes or fratboys.

It's pretty easy to hate Cubs fans, and therefore root hard against their team. I hope the team plane crashes on a mountail in Brazil and they all have to eat Sammy's hormonally enhanced carcass to survive, after which Dusty will proclaim that black players make better meals than white ones.

DumpJerry
12-27-2004, 06:23 PM
I would simply be Pro-Sox and Cubs-indifferent if it were not for the atrocious attitudes, lifestyles and general intelligence level of Cubs fans.

Cubs fans are constantly ragging on the Sox, their park, and their fans. How familiar do these things sound?:

-Sox fans don't care, they don't show up. They have to be told when to cheer by scoreboards and announcements.
-Comiskey Park is like a graveyard. No one gets excited. It doesn't have that "old timey" feel. It's soulless.
-The South Side neighborhood sucks. You are guaranteed to get robbed/mugged/raped if you go there. There's nothing to do after a game except run away.
-Only white trash go to Sox games. The women are all ugly. Drunken biker types are always running on the field attacking players and coaches.

Then, add a chorus of anti-sox media bias in the city's major rags, and a national wave of irrational love of the Cubs (when in fact, their management has until the last two seasons been almost as bad as Sox mgmt. in terms of using last gasp veterans and letting go/not paying premium talent.).

It's pretty easy to hate Cubs fans, and therefore root hard against their team. I hope the team plane crashes on a mountail in Brazil and they all have to eat Sammy's hormonally enhances carcass to survive, after which Dusty will proclaim that black players make better meals than white ones.Come on Cecil, how do you really feel? I sense you're holding back.

CecilCooper
12-27-2004, 06:29 PM
Come on Cecil, how do you really feel? I sense you're holding back.
Well, as mentioned above, there are a few good ones. But they are outnumbered by far by ignorant stupid Cubs fans. :smile:

rdivaldi
12-27-2004, 06:33 PM
Well, as mentioned above, there are a few good ones. But they are outnumbered by far by ignorant stupid Cubs fans. :smile:
It's best not to call the clueless, uninterested, party people "Cubs fans", they're "Wrigley Field fans." There are plenty of die-hard Flubbie fans out there, but they're in the minority.

SouthSideHitman
12-27-2004, 06:54 PM
The upswing in bi-fans is due to the ever increasing amounts of transplants living in the city. They have no (emotional) investment in either team. No born and bred Chicagoan could be a fan of both teams.
This is the problem in my family. My father is from New Jersey and he moved to Chicago to go the the U of C and because he was raised a Yankee and therefore AL fan and because he lived on the southside, he become a pretty big Sox fan. My mom moved here from Kansas City and learned about baseball only to be with him and also became a Sox fan. I was born and raised in Chicago and am a rabid Sox fan (duh) and always assumed that my parents were Sox fans in all rights. I mean, they always rooted against the cubs in interleague.

The postseason of 2003 gave me a great shock. I watched incredulously as they openly rooted for the cubs. I reminded them that the cubs were terrible, that they stole the Sox' market, their fans are obnoxious, drunk and were getting worse as the team did better and finally that my parents were SOX FANS FOR CHIRST'S SAKE, but they stilled cheered for the boys in blue. They said "we're tired of losing, it would be nice to see someone from Chicago win." That's when I realized that that's why the cubs do better nationally, you have to be from Chicago to be able to see their evil magic.

I can't stand halfway fans. To paraphrase High Fidelity "Saying you like the Sox and the cubs is like saying that you support the Palestinians and the Israelis!" Sports is better when you have a rooting interest and in a town like Chicago, it's absolutly a divider. "Swingers" are people who can't care enough to make an emotional committment to one team so they heg their bets, try not to piss anyone off and "hope that both sides do well", which takes the passion, conflict and excitement from Chicago baseball. I'd rather have more hard-core cubs fans than these people.

MUsoxfan
12-27-2004, 06:59 PM
I'm not kidding at all when I say I'd rather have a bullet in my head than a Cubs hat on my head.

zach074
12-27-2004, 07:34 PM
Are there any fans in Chicago who are fans of both the Cubs and White Sox? If not why not? If so why are they fans of both?

I'm a White Sox but don't care about the Cubs. I didn't root for the Marlins or the Cubs in 2003. Matter of fact I didn't hear about Bartman until the next morning. I just didn't care.
You must be joking, isn't that a sin?:o:

eastchicagosoxfan
12-27-2004, 07:49 PM
I know a couple of people who are fans of both. Their reasoning is that since neither team has won a World Series in darn near 100 years, it's silly to give up on half the local teams. I can't fathom how you can be fans of both, but then there are plenty of things I don't understand. I have five brothers. Three Sox fans, one Cubs fan, one who has turned to the dark side, and holds season tickets for both ( it's trendy to hang out on the Northside ), and one can't stand baseball. Personally, I take great pleasure in a Sox victory, and I savor it even more if it's accompannied by a Cubs loss. True Cubs fan will acknowledge that most Cubs fans are rather ignorant of baseball and an embarrassment to fans everywhere.

DC Sox Fan
12-27-2004, 09:21 PM
The postseason of 2003 gave me a great shock. I watched incredulously as they openly rooted for the cubs. I reminded them that the cubs were terrible, that they stole the Sox' market, their fans are obnoxious, drunk and were getting worse as the team did better and finally that my parents were SOX FANS FOR CHIRST'S SAKE, but they stilled cheered for the boys in blue. They said "we're tired of losing, it would be nice to see someone from Chicago win." That's when I realized that that's why the cubs do better nationally, you have to be from Chicago to be able to see their evil magic.

I had the same experience.. my parents are both from Chicago and Sox fans. I was the one born out here. My whole family (sox fans) were rooting for the flubs. It incensed me. :angry:

Ozzballfest
12-27-2004, 09:28 PM
It is schizo to be a fan of both. Not possible. Can you be two different religions at the same time? Especially two religions that contradict each other?Being a fan of a baseball team isn't a religion. And anybody that thinks so, needs some perspective.

zach074
12-27-2004, 09:40 PM
I hate when people only cheered for them because "at least a Chicago team would win" that makes me angry.:angry:

MUsoxfan
12-27-2004, 09:45 PM
Being a fan of a baseball team isn't a religion. And anybody that thinks so, needs some perspective.
White Sox baseball is the closest thing to a religion as I get. There is nothing I pay more attention to in my life than the Sox. To quote the Susan Sarandon character from Bull Durham:

"I believe in the Church of Baseball. I've tried all the major religions, and most of the minor ones. I've worshipped Buddha, Allah, Brahma, Vishnu, Siva, trees, mushrooms, and Isadora Duncan. I know things. For instance, there are 108 beads in a Catholic rosary and there are 108 stitches in a baseball. When I heard that, I gave Jesus a chance. But it just didn't work out between us. The Lord laid too much guilt on me. I prefer metaphysics to theology. You see, there's no guilt in baseball, and it's never boring......It's a long season and you gotta trust. I've tried 'em all, I really have, and the only church that truly feeds the soul, day in, day out, is the Church of Baseball."

I want Mags back
12-27-2004, 09:51 PM
The underlined part is a great pt. Stupid Cubs fans think we care more about them lossing than us winning, and thats total crap.

Anyway, I too watch the Flubs hopeing for a loss. It pisses my dumbass mom off which is fun. I think she's a closet SOX fan

Ozzballfest
12-28-2004, 01:07 AM
White Sox baseball is the closest thing to a religion as I get. There is nothing I pay more attention to in my life than the Sox. To quote the Susan Sarandon character from Bull Durham:

"I believe in the Church of Baseball. I've tried all the major religions, and most of the minor ones. I've worshipped Buddha, Allah, Brahma, Vishnu, Siva, trees, mushrooms, and Isadora Duncan. I know things. For instance, there are 108 beads in a Catholic rosary and there are 108 stitches in a baseball. When I heard that, I gave Jesus a chance. But it just didn't work out between us. The Lord laid too much guilt on me. I prefer metaphysics to theology. You see, there's no guilt in baseball, and it's never boring......It's a long season and you gotta trust. I've tried 'em all, I really have, and the only church that truly feeds the soul, day in, day out, is the Church of Baseball."
If that's true, you got issues. You should seek help.

MUsoxfan
12-28-2004, 01:26 AM
[QUOTE=Ozzballfest]If that's true, you got issues. [QUOTE]

So be it. This is the least of my issues

Chisox003
12-28-2004, 02:16 AM
I hate when people only cheered for them because "at least a Chicago team would win" that makes me angry.:angry:
Dont get me started...

In my opinion, the Cubs represent everything that is wrong with baseball...Look at Wrigley field, day in day out...Filled with 40,000 people yes, but with 40,000 TRUE cubs fans (by true, i mean at least know the starting lineup!), not a chance...I love watching the Sox win more than anything, but watching the Cubs fall flat on their faces (2 years in a row), and before that watching them lose 90 games year after year makes me happy beyond words...Cubs "fans" dont know baseball, they dont know their own team, and most of the time they dont know if the cubs are winning or losing...I know few cubs fans, and honestly i dont care to meet any more...I really cant stand em

I have to end this here, I could go on for days!

PicktoCLick72
12-28-2004, 02:37 AM
Originally Posted by Whitesox029
This is why my favorite team is the White Sox and second favorite is the team playing the Cubs.

TommyJohn
12-28-2004, 04:04 AM

We call him Bi-Sexual.

So if you root for the White Sox and Red Sox, does that make you Bi-Soxual?

hosieryofthegods
12-28-2004, 04:53 AM
Some of my friends share this silly bi-trait. I personally don't get it. They ask "why can't you just root for them, because they're from Chicago?". I answer it simply. I ask them, "Do Mets fans root for the Yankees?", "Do Giants fans root for the Jets?". They give me a dumbfounded look, and then I return it, and scream "NO" in their face. I then explain, that neither will I. As I hate them, and want them to cease operation.:rolleyes:

DaleJRFan
12-28-2004, 05:00 AM
I love the chameleon Cub fans who change their tune when they realize that you are about to knock their teeth out for saying something stupid like "Corey Patterson is a much better centerfielder than Aaron Roward" which was the case at Wrigley during the Sox/Cubs series this year. Upon learning that the entire row in front of him was comprised of angry Sox fans, he insisted that he was an unbiased Sox fan who thought Patterson was a better player. Little did he know that a Sox fan's Cubfan radar would be in the red at this point, as no self-respecting Sox fan would ever think Patterson was even a good player, let alone better than Rowand.

Die Cubs fans, Die!

Lem_Siddons
12-28-2004, 05:25 AM
While we can view the rivalry as one or the other, Brooks Broyer and the boys in marketing are busting their backsides trying to take a million of those Cub ticket sales and turning them into a million Sox ticket sales.

Those casual Cub fans we look down on are our ticket to higher payrolls and hopefully better results on the field. There is nothing I wouldn't like more than those fair weather fans, those needing a clue baseball fans, to spending some of their money on the Sox.

hsnterprize
12-28-2004, 06:59 AM
I gotta agree with Gene here.

I know some REAL Cubs fans and they are pretty good people. I love talking baseball with them because we can actually agree on the strenghts and weakness on BOTH teams.

Too bad I only knew like 2 or 3 of them. :redneckI'd have to "ditto" that sentiment. I'd rather talk with a REAL Cubs fan whose objective enough to look past the "Wrigley Field myth" than with someone who just falls in line with all the other lemmings infected with the "Wrigley Field Virus."

TornLabrum
12-28-2004, 07:55 AM
A couple of points regarding comments made in this thread:

1) I was a fan of both clubs from 1955 unitl sometime in the early '90s. It wasn't all that hard. I grew up 60 miles south of Chicago. Down there we didn't care North Side/South Side. Down there it was "Chicago." That's where Route 54 ended and that's where the IC ended.

Both teams' games were telecast on Channel 9. I saw the Sox first and was always a bigger fan of the Sox, but when they were on the road, the Cubs were on TV. They had the same broadcast team, Jack Brickhouse and Harry Creighton (later Vince Lloyd), on TV. The only difference was that the Sox and Cubs were on different radio stations.

The main reason I dumped the Cubs after nearly 40 years (besides the fact that I always favored the Sox and would root for them in the Boys Benefit Game, Crosstown Classic, or whatever) is that I mistakenly came to the conclusion that Jerry Reinsdorf was more committed to winning than the Tribune Co., although he probably was at the time, commitment to winning in this city always being relative. Well, that and the fact that by that time I was very involved in the ChiSox Club and shortly thereafter in the Windy City Sox Fans.

2) My aunt, now 88 years old is one of those die-hard Cubs fans who actually knows what she's talking about. She lives in Colorado but keeps up with the Cubs every day. On those rare occasions when we get to talk baseball, she can tell you all things Cubs, past and present.

I love the reason she became a Cubs fan. My grandpa was died in the wool Sox fan. Neither my grandmother nor my mother cared about baseball, but she liked the game. The reason she became a Cubs fan, in her own words, "Is so I'd have something to argue with Pa about at dinner." Says something about the dysfunctionality of that family, I guess.

ja1022
12-28-2004, 10:30 AM
1) I was a fan of both clubs from 1955 unitl sometime in the early '90s. It wasn't all that hard.
I would guess you're a rare exception. As I was browsing through the replies, I kept thinking, and always have, that to qualify as a true die hard Sox fan you must have some sort of innate hatred of all things Cub.

From a baseball standpoint, I despise all Cub fans, but that's because the majority of them also claim to be hard core baseball fans, but in reality are casual fans enamored with the idea of being a hard core Cub fan. Fact is, I can respect the real die hard Cub fans who hate the Sox, and the casual Cub fans who don't pretend to be die hards.

idseer
12-28-2004, 10:44 AM
what a sad commentary.

1. you have fans saying baseball is their religion!

2. you have fans saying they rather be dead than wear a cubs hat!

3. you have fans who actually want fans of the cubs to die!

4. you have fans saying if you don't think about the sox the way they do, you're not a real sox fan!

in general ... there are a lot of white sox fans who are idiots!

Dolanski
12-28-2004, 11:34 AM
I can actually blame my fervent love of the White Sox on a nun. I grew up in Glenview on the North Shore (the heart of Cubdom) and for reasons I don't know, the older kids that I grew up around in my neighborhood were White Sox fans. Also, this was around 1983, so the White Sox were hot and the Cubs were not. I was 6 in '83 and had just started Catholic school. We would have music class with Sr. Therese and she was a die hard Cub fan. I think she got to sing the National Anthem at Wrigley or something along the way.

In any case, this 80-something nun used to have us sing the national anthem or "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" whenever the Cubs had a daygame. Seriously, systematic brainwashing at that age. I remember raising my hand and asking her one day how come we don't sing for the White Sox, and she chuckled and told me we don't sing for that team. I remember being hurt and annoyed because one, she dissed my team, and two, I got teased about this by the other kids who were, of course, Cub fans.

That moment stayed with me long enough to galvanize me against the Cubs and for the White Sox. To hell with Sr. Therese, I wasn't going to be told who I should or shouldn't root for. Add to that everyone else I grew up around being a Cub fan, the media love for the Cubs, and the whole lovable loser thing, and I just can't ever root for them.

So, in this case, I can blame my love of one Chicago team and hate for another on a nun.

BlackSox
12-28-2004, 11:56 AM
Before the advent of Interleague play, it was pretty easy to be a fan of both teams, as they never played each other. We basically had two separate major baseball leagues whose only meaningful game against each other was the World Series.

Going to games at Wrigley actually was fun before it turned into a trendy, over-priced "place to be seen". For fans of both leagues, it was the only place to see NL teams and NL star players.

soxnut
12-28-2004, 12:49 PM
what a sad commentary.

4. you have fans saying if you don't think about the sox the way they do, you're not a real sox fan!

Yep that's about right. And I would suppose that is the impression that alot of the world gets of us unfortunately.:(: No wonder we're so popular!:redface:

MUsoxfan
12-28-2004, 03:09 PM
what a sad commentary.

I agree with the first 3, but not the 4th. (I even agree with the end summary) I'm the first one to admit that my love of the Sox is near a psychotic level. I hate ALL THINGS Cubs. Although I'm realistic enough to understand that not everyone knows stats and everyone that played for the Sox the last 20 years and that doesn't make them not a real Sox fan.

And yes, I'm probably an "idiot", but this can be said for people that are fans of every professional team. (I'm tame compared to tons of european soccer fans)
For me, White Sox baseball is a passion. Albeit a borderline psychotic passion that can be misguided at times, but it's a passion.

Ozzballfest
12-28-2004, 03:20 PM
I agree with the first 3, but not the 4th. (I even agree with the end summary) I'm the first one to admit that my love of the Sox is near a psychotic level. I hate ALL THINGS Cubs. Although I'm realistic enough to understand that not everyone knows stats and everyone that played for the Sox the last 20 years and that doesn't make them not a real Sox fan.

And yes, I'm probably an "idiot", but this can be said for people that are fans of every professional team. (I'm tame compared to tons of european soccer fans)
For me, White Sox baseball is a passion. Albeit a borderline psychotic passion that can be misguided at times, but it's a passion.Seek help buddy. When somebody says they would rather take a bullet to the head than wear a Cubs hat, then that person really needs help.

Also I remember a 82 SI article about Keith Moreland of the Cubs. In the picture Moreland is signing autographs at Chewing Gum Field. One fan, a young kid, is wearing a White Sox cap while waiting for Moreland's autograph.

petekat
12-28-2004, 03:28 PM
I split season tickets for both - I grew up a national league fan so see the teams i want to see- sadly 80% of my friends are cub fans so always find takers. I relish going to Wrigley and mocking the cubbies. No better feeling than getting to all the cross town games and wearing the silver and black. The absolute best was being at gms 6 and 7 of the NLCS and seeing the Cubbies implode, and then going down the field and seeing ozzie and the marlins dogpile.

I know a couple of people who are fans of both. Their reasoning is that since neither team has won a World Series in darn near 100 years, it's silly to give up on half the local teams. I can't fathom how you can be fans of both, but then there are plenty of things I don't understand. I have five brothers. Three Sox fans, one Cubs fan, one who has turned to the dark side, and holds season tickets for both ( it's trendy to hang out on the Northside ), and one can't stand baseball. Personally, I take great pleasure in a Sox victory, and I savor it even more if it's accompannied by a Cubs loss. True Cubs fan will acknowledge that most Cubs fans are rather ignorant of baseball and an embarrassment to fans everywhere.

Ozzballfest
12-28-2004, 03:31 PM
No better feeling than getting to all the cross town games and wearing the silver and black.
Why would you wear Raider colors to Cubs game?