PDA

View Full Version : Ponson assaults judge at a beach.

santo=dorf
12-26-2004, 11:01 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernews.asp?sport=MLB
Sidney Ponson has been detained in his native Aruba on suspicion of assaulting a local judge at a beach on Christmas.
Several people confronted Ponson at a beach yesterday, accusing him of harassing them with his personal watercraft and operating it recklessly, police said. Ponson allegedly struck one of the men in the group several times. That man was later discovered to be a judge. Ponson has not been formally charged but is expected to be arraigned Monday on assault and battery charges.
:kukoo:

:cower: at the thought of Ponson in a bathing suit.

Jabroni
12-26-2004, 11:10 PM
I can't even imagine the horrible image of a fat Sidney Ponson flying at me in a jet-ski. Yuck.

SomebodyToldMe
12-26-2004, 11:14 PM
Speedo? More like SpeedNO!

Ok, I tried...I'll leave now.

Nick@Nite
12-26-2004, 11:31 PM
I can't even imagine the horrible image of a fat Sidney Ponson flying at me in a jet-ski. Yuck.It's quite apparent Aruba doesn't have laws prohibiting visual obscenities. :D:

Foulke You
12-27-2004, 12:45 AM
Remember when everyone on this board wanted fatboy Ponson targeted as the top free agent to get last offseason?:D: Whew...did we ever dodge a bullet with that. We could have been locked in to that underachiever for big bucks and would not have had any money to lock up Freddy for 3 years. Sometimes people gotta look at the moves KW DIDN'T make and give him some kudos.

StillMissOzzie
12-27-2004, 01:42 AM
Remember when everyone on this board wanted fatboy Ponson targeted as the top free agent to get last offseason?:D: Whew...did we ever dodge a bullet with that. We could have been locked in to that underachiever for big bucks and would not have had any money to lock up Freddy for 3 years. Sometimes people gotta look at the moves KW DIDN'T make and give him some kudos.
Yeah, and then we'd have stories in the Cubune about Ponson assaulting swimmers and sunbathers on North Ave. beach instead.

SMO
:D:

Rocklive99
12-27-2004, 03:34 AM
harassing them with his personal watercraft
lol ***? Didn't his country officially make him a knight or something?

Brian26
12-27-2004, 11:09 AM
lol ***? Didn't his country officially make him a knight or something?
The first time I read that, I thought it said "witchcraft."

Brian26
12-27-2004, 11:10 AM
Remember when everyone on this board wanted fatboy Ponson targeted as the top free agent to get last offseason?:D: Whew...did we ever dodge a bullet with that.
The Orioles, in this respect, might be the most cursed franchise in the last 20 years. It seems like they always have terrible luck with their free agent signings.

TDog
12-27-2004, 11:47 AM
The Orioles, in this respect, might be the most cursed franchise in the last 20 years. It seems like they always have terrible luck with their free agent signings.
And true to form, they seem to show interest in Ordonez.

DumpJerry
12-27-2004, 03:07 PM
The first time I read that, I thought it said "witchcraft."Me too. Is it was, maybe we should have signed him to cast a spell on the other teams...............

Rocklive99
12-29-2004, 06:24 PM
-

Sidney Ponson will remain in jail in Aruba for up to eight more days while a prosecutor finishes his investigation into assault charges.
Aruba has no bail system. Ponson could be sentenced to up to three months in jail if found guilty of assault, but it's considered more likely that he'll be fined and sentenced to community service. Dec. 29 - 4:30 am et
Source: Washington Post (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A32211-2004Dec28.html)

JKryl
12-30-2004, 11:01 AM
The first time I read that, I thought it said "witchcraft."
Why not witchcraft? We are talking Aruba here.

JKryl
12-30-2004, 11:03 AM
-
So, he may be sentenced to community service? How appropriate if he were made to clean the beach every day.

Jjav829
12-30-2004, 11:32 AM
So, he may be sentenced to community service? How appropriate if he were made to clean the beach every day.
If they really want to punish him, they should sentence him to an hour of cardio a day. :cool: