PDA

View Full Version : Monster Thread: Sox and Tadahito Iguchi try for Love Connection

Pages : 1 2 [3]

santo=dorf
01-14-2005, 02:14 PM
Technically, this is the 500th reply (tomato awards are for replies, not posts.) You got greedy. :tongue:

Unregistered
01-14-2005, 03:44 PM
If we got Iguchi I wonder how many different nationalities we would have on our team?This may come as a shock to you, but we already have a Japanese player. :o:

Hence, the same number of nationalities.

JUribe1989
01-14-2005, 03:46 PM
This may come as a shock to you, but we already have a Japanese player. :o:

Hence, the same number of nationalities.
Shingo Time! I am such a dum dum. What was I even thinking. Now I'm pissed at myself.

JUribe1989
01-14-2005, 03:48 PM
Anyone know what Iguchi had surgery on or when it was?

Flight #24
01-14-2005, 03:48 PM
If we got Iguchi I wonder how many different nationalities we would have on our team?
Cuba (2) - Contreras, Hernandez
Japan (2) - Shingo, Iguchi
Venezuela (1) - Garcia
Dominican Republic (5) - Uribe, Vizcaino, Marte, Timo, Valdez
Bolivian (0)

Rest are US, unless you count Carl Everett as being from Mars. Or at least from the stage where they film all those clips of Mars.:redneck

Unregistered
01-14-2005, 03:54 PM
Shingo Time! I am such a dum dum. What was I even thinking. Now I'm pissed at myself.No worries. The real question is, do we count their background as a nationality? For Example, does AJ Pierzynski count as a Polish player?

na_na_na_na
01-14-2005, 05:43 PM
Anyone know what Iguchi had surgery on or when it was?
Had surgery on his arm in 2000. I think it was his right(throwing) shoulder.

in case you missed it earlier his stats ect here:

http://www.japanesebaseball.com/players/player.jsp?PlayerID=970

JUribe1989
01-14-2005, 05:44 PM
Had surgery on his arm in 2000. I think it was his right(throwing) shoulder.

in case you missed it earlier his stats ect here:

http://www.japanesebaseball.com/players/player.jsp?PlayerID=970

I read some sites about this surgery and apparently it didn't affect him at all last year or after it.

bigredrudy
01-15-2005, 02:51 AM
At the end of his radio show from the fest Levine said that he had talked to JR about Iguchi and JR had told him that it was 50/50 whether they would sign the Japanese star.

FightingBillini
01-15-2005, 03:04 AM
:angry: or :bandance: ?

:angry: or :bandance: ?

Which will it be?

I still think that Kenny will get it done. This is good news, because the last we has heard, it was "possible but very unlikely" that Iguchi would sign here.

We'd better get them. Does anyone think that Willie will respond well to getting bashed in the media by Ozzie and getting bashed at Soxfest by Hawk? He has shown me nothing to make me think he wont walk away with his tail between his legs.

SpartanSoxFan
01-15-2005, 03:43 AM
If we can sign this guy somehow by the grace of God Almighty, I will forever keep Kenny Williams off my "To Kill" list. That is, unless Magglio Ordonez is wearing "Flubbie Blue" this season...:angry: :angry:

A.T. Money
01-15-2005, 03:44 AM
I would have to say that means no, folks.

Last year he went on the record saying "I wouldn't bet against it." when asked if the Sox were going to resign Maggs. We all know that outcome.

If he's saying 50/50 with this...you can pretty much forget it.

FightingBillini
01-15-2005, 04:16 AM

Last year he went on the record saying "I wouldn't bet against it." when asked if the Sox were going to resign Maggs. We all know that outcome.

The outcome? They offered him a contract that was more than fair, more than his market value. I guess he thought that despite batting average, home runs, RBIs, stolen bases, and defense, he was better than Vlad Guerrero, and deserved more money than him. Then he suffered a career threatening injury, and the Sox still offered to sign him if given proof he was healthy. He left after trying to decieve the team into offering him arbitration, and has yet to sign with anyone because his injury is much more serious than he lead on. He may never play again, and if he does, he probably wont be the same player. Way to blow it, Kenny!

A.T. Money
01-15-2005, 04:50 AM
The outcome? They offered him a contract that was more than fair, more than his market value. I guess he thought that despite batting average, home runs, RBIs, stolen bases, and defense, he was better than Vlad Guerrero, and deserved more money than him. Then he suffered a career threatening injury, and the Sox still offered to sign him if given proof he was healthy. He left after trying to decieve the team into offering him arbitration, and has yet to sign with anyone because his injury is much more serious than he lead on. He may never play again, and if he does, he probably wont be the same player. Way to blow it, Kenny!

I'm not blaming management for not signing Ordonez. Don't put words in my mouth.

I'm just saying that if you have to base it on what Uncle Jerry says, then here are the stats.

StillMissOzzie
01-15-2005, 05:04 AM

On the other hand, if you base your guess on KW's initial remarks regarding AJ Pierzynski, then he's as good as on the team!

SMO
:gulp:

A.T. Money
01-15-2005, 05:19 AM
The have been unpredictable, yes.

Nick@Nite
01-15-2005, 07:50 AM
Does anyone think that Willie will respond well to getting bashed in the media by Ozzie and getting bashed at Soxfest by Hawk?

What did Hawk say? I can't find any reference (or post) detailing Hawk throwing Willie under the bus.

dickallen15
01-15-2005, 09:11 AM
What did Hawk say? I can't find any reference (or post) detailing Hawk throwing Willie under the bus.

He just said Willie can't steal a base. He really didn't bash him. He did make Willie his "pick to click" this year. Garland was his pick to click last year. Willie was DJ's pick to click last year. Hawk also praised Willie, calling him the most talented player he has seen in a White Sox uniform. Personally, I think the White Sox would be crazy to count on Harris this season. Maybe bringing in some competition will light a fire. Willie said the same things at Soxfest this season that he did last year. I am not convinced. I think he is the position player equivelant to Garland. He teases you ocassionally, but when its all said and done, his performance is mediocre at best. When he gets hot, you think he's turned the corner. Then he goes 0 for 18.

idseer
01-15-2005, 09:25 AM
He just said Willie can't steal a base. He really didn't bash him. He did make Willie his "pick to click" this year. Garland was his pick to click last year. ......... Hawk also praised Willie, calling him the most talented player he has seen in a White Sox uniform. ...........

which should tell you how good hawk is at judging talent.
hawk should stick to what he knows best. ........ ummmmm .......
i just don't know what that would be.

Realist
01-15-2005, 09:30 AM
At the end of his radio show from the fest Levine said that he had talked to JR about Iguchi and JR had told him that it was 50/50 whether they would sign the Japanese star.

That's kinds the same story I've been feeling too. Let's just all hope that it all falls on the positive side.

lths06
01-15-2005, 10:41 AM
So if we didn't get Iguchi, does that mean JR would go after another middle infielder, or would he wait later in the year to make a move?

SSN721
01-15-2005, 11:15 AM
If we can sign this guy somehow by the grace of God Almighty, I will forever keep Kenny Williams off my "To Kill" list. That is, unless Magglio Ordonez is wearing "Flubbie Blue" this season...:angry: :angry:
You blame Kenny for not signing Maggs?

Shorty1983
01-15-2005, 07:48 PM
Since the Dodgers are interested in Ben Davis. Why not sell Davis for the $1mil (the amouth we bought him for). Resign Jamie Burke for $400,000 and invest the the remainder $600,00 into the Iguchi deal. Burke is a hell of a lot better than Davis, plus he's versatile in many positions. Put him back in a sox uniform. Iguchi wants the equivalent value he received in Japan, shouldn't that balance out to his standards?

lths06
01-16-2005, 12:03 PM
Does that mean he's probably not going to be with us next season?

jabrch
01-16-2005, 12:48 PM
Why would today be a special deadline?

I don't think him not signing today impacts the timeline much. He has plenty of time before ST starts. There are loads of teams who may develop a sudden need at 2B, or that may suddenly find themselves with more money to spend than they had thought.

Someone told me that the Sox are running a pretty good rate of presold tickets including 81, 27 13 and 9 game packages as well as the opening weekend of sales to genpop. If that continues to progress - you may actually see the Sox decide to spend the extra few bucks (whatever it is) that they are right now apart from Iguchi. (Rumor has it that it is the third year that is in question now, guaranteed or not, and for how much)

Pitchers and Catchers are still a month away from reporting. When Spring Training opens, if Iguchi isn't there, then I'd say we aren't gonna sign him. But I'd wait a month until we declare the Iguchi chase as dead. Ozzie's continued bashing of Harris leads me to believe that there still might be a move (or possibly a second) in Kenny's plans.

johnny_mostil
01-16-2005, 02:16 PM
Rumor has it that it is the third year that is in question now, guaranteed or not, and for how much) [...] Ozzie's continued bashing of Harris leads me to believe that there still might be a move (or possibly a second) in Kenny's plans.

My thoughts exactly... although if Iguchi is signed, the player affected is probably Timo, who is looking for a job.:bandance:

OG4LIFE
01-16-2005, 03:21 PM
My thoughts exactly... although if Iguchi is signed, the player affected is probably Timo, who is looking for a job.:bandance:

i thought we resigned timo?

Mickster
01-16-2005, 03:29 PM
i thought we resigned timo?

Yep. $1M for 1 season.

Brian26
01-16-2005, 08:30 PM
Yep. $1M for 1 season.

Timo will be on the opening day roster. If Iguchi signs, I expect Borchard, Wilson Valdez, and Adkins to start the year in Charlotte.

chisoxmike
01-16-2005, 08:33 PM
Timo will be on the opening day roster. If Iguchi signs, I expect Borchard, Wilson Valdez, and Adkins to start the year in Charlotte.

Please Borchard.

Infallible
01-16-2005, 08:44 PM

+1000000000 Timo's a scrub and besides that he gives Willie McGee a run for the ugliest man in baseball award.

Palehose13
01-16-2005, 09:15 PM
+1000000000 Timo's a scrub and besides that he gives Willie McGee a run for the ugliest man in baseball award.

Wow. I thought Timo did a great job filling in when he was needed last year.

JB98
01-16-2005, 09:28 PM
Wow. I thought Timo did a great job filling in when he was needed last year.

Timo had a good batting average with RISP last year. He's a good fourth outfielder. If Iguchi is signed, I think Wilson Valdez is the odd man out. At this point, I'm working on the assumption that Valdez would be our back-up at the middle infield positions if no other moves are made.

Ol' No. 2
01-17-2005, 10:41 AM
Timo will be on the opening day roster. If Iguchi signs, I expect Borchard, Wilson Valdez, and Adkins to start the year in Charlotte.I got to talking with Bruce Levine about the possibility of Iguchi backing up at SS. He said no way - strictly 2B. Maybe that's why Iguchi is seeing less value than he was expecting.

Kenny mentioned during the seminar that a utility man that could backup at SS was a priority. So even if they sign Iguchi, they still need a utility IF that can play SS, and that would seem to me to put Willie on the bubble. It's pretty tough to find space on a 25-man roster for 7 IF, even if he can backup CF. They might be able to do it in the short term until Thomas gets added to the roster, but at that point they would have to make a decision.

WhiteSoxFan84
01-17-2005, 02:21 PM
I got to talking with Bruce Levine about the possibility of Iguchi backing up at SS. He said no way - strictly 2B. Maybe that's why Iguchi is seeing less value than he was expecting.

Kenny mentioned during the seminar that a utility man that could backup at SS was a priority. So even if they sign Iguchi, they still need a utility IF that can play SS, and that would seem to me to put Willie on the bubble. It's pretty tough to find space on a 25-man roster for 7 IF, even if he can backup CF. They might be able to do it in the short term until Thomas gets added to the roster, but at that point they would have to make a decision.

What happened to Wilson Valdez?

SoxxoS
01-17-2005, 02:48 PM
What happened to Wilson Valdez?

He isn't good...

What about Tony Graffanino....that would be a great move.

Ol' No. 2
01-17-2005, 02:50 PM
What happened to Wilson Valdez?Kenny mentioned Valdez and someone else (?) as most likely to make the team as a utility IF because they can play SS.

mdep524
01-17-2005, 02:53 PM
I don't understand why Barry Larkin's name isn't coming up more often. His goal going into the offseason was to be a starter somewhere, but that is obviously not going to happen. He would be a perfect utility infielder.

Ol' No. 2
01-17-2005, 02:58 PM
I don't understand why Barry Larkin's name isn't coming up more often. His goal going into the offseason was to be a starter somewhere, but that is obviously not going to happen. He would be a perfect utility infielder.Could be. Kenny was very coy (still under the radar) about the subject, and I wouldn't put anything past him.

WhiteSoxFan84
01-17-2005, 02:59 PM
I don't understand why Barry Larkin's name isn't coming up more often. His goal going into the offseason was to be a starter somewhere, but that is obviously not going to happen. He would be a perfect utility infielder.

You answered your own question my friend.

BRDSR
01-17-2005, 03:33 PM
He isn't good...

What about Tony Graffanino....that would be a great move.

I started the "Bring Back Graff" movement about a month ago and it was brief and unsuccessful. I'm pretty sure he's still under contract with the Royals, and unless they're willing to part with him for a prospect or two, I doubt it would happen. But man...I loved Graff while he was here.

Tekijawa
01-17-2005, 03:37 PM
I don't think I've posted yet in this thread and couldn't pass up the opportunity to make my mark on the thread that won't die!

santo=dorf
01-17-2005, 03:42 PM
more speculation:

A couple of posters at Soxtalk quoted Ozzie saying "We have a two Cubans on this team and we have two Japanese players on this team."
:?:

ChiWhiteSox1337
01-17-2005, 03:47 PM
more speculation:

A couple of posters at Soxtalk quoted Ozzie saying "We have a two Cubans on this team and we have two Japanese players on this team."
Well, we have Timo Perez who can speak Japanese, albeit that's not the same thing as being Japanese. I'm still hoping the sox can get Iguchi!

OEO Magglio
01-17-2005, 04:08 PM
more speculation:

He did say that but I think it was just ozzie not being able to speak english well.

DickAllen72
01-17-2005, 07:56 PM
http://stlouis.cardinals.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/stl/news/stl_news.jsp?ymd=20050116&content_id=931727&vkey=news_stl&fext=.jsp

Soon after the season ended, Ray King participated in MLB's All-Star tour of Japan, and he came away impressed with some of the opponents he faced.

"They've got a couple guys who could come over and do what Ichiro is doing in the game, if not better," King said. "We saw a little center fielder, we knew this guy was gonna bunt and we couldn't get him out. He'd get on first and we'd pitch out, did everything, and the guy still stole. I think there will be a lot more guys coming over from the Japanese league to the U.S. to play baseball."

King was less impressed with second baseman Tadahito Iguchi, who may come to the states this year. He suggested that while Iguchi may have success eventually, the second baseman could endure a significant adjustment period due to the greater velocity of many American pitchers' fastballs.

slavko
01-17-2005, 11:59 PM
I started the "Bring Back Graff" movement about a month ago and it was brief and unsuccessful. I'm pretty sure he's still under contract with the Royals, and unless they're willing to part with him for a prospect or two, I doubt it would happen. But man...I loved Graff while he was here.

Graffanino can't field, especially at SS.

Infallible
01-18-2005, 12:02 AM
Graffanino can't field, especially at SS.

yeah he makes a fine bat boy though....

SoxSpeed22
01-18-2005, 11:21 PM
Kazuo Matsui? look how good he is. This is why the league almost went on strike in 2002. overpaid players. Even Kris Benson, who's not better than Jon Garland by the way, gets $22.5M in 3 years. Anyway, we still have Valdez and maybe Nakamura, we should be fine, assuming Crede ditches the 1 home run per 5 popouts/strikeouts approach.

1st post ever!

FightingBillini
01-18-2005, 11:54 PM
Kazuo Matsui? look how good he is. This is why the league almost went on strike in 2002. overpaid players. Even Kris Benson, who's not better than Jon Garland by the way, gets $22.5M in 3 years. Anyway, we still have Valdez and maybe Nakamura, we should be fine, assuming Crede ditches the 1 home run per 5 popouts/strikeouts approach.

1st post ever!

:welcome:

As for player's salaries, of course they are overpaid. The problem is that teams drive the prices up. The Mets made a horrible trade for Benson, giving up great young talent for a .500 pitcher when they werent even in contention. To justify the dumb trade, they HAD to resign Benson. He knew this, which is why he raped the Mets. The teams decide to hand out that kind of money because they want players that can help them win. As for Iguchi, he wont get close to the Kaz Matsui contract he wants. He will either sign a 2 yr/$1o mil deal with the Sox or stay in Japan. I think he will end up on the south side.

And by the way, I know that everyone has piled on Kaz, but his season wasn't all THAT bad. Most Japanese hitters take a year to adjust to the major leagues. His defense was worse because he always played on turf in Japan, and the ball reacts much differently. I think he will be much improved this season. I just hope that Iguchi breaks the curves and has a very good first year in the majors, but ideally I would want the Sox to trade for Placido Polanco.

SleepySox
01-19-2005, 01:32 PM
I guess I'll be #550...

I hate to say it, but I'll be quite disappointed if this guy doesn't get signed, at a reasonable price, of course...Maybe it's been more anticipation and hope (and lots of speculation) since I've never seen him play and only know as much as I've read from these posts...But it feels to me that he'll be that final piece to make this a very good offseason...

bigredrudy
01-19-2005, 02:18 PM
In scouring the Internet I have made a couple of interesting discoveries. First Iguchi has stated that he was traveling to the US in mid January to consider the various offers and then make a final decision. Obviously it is mid January. The Nikkan Times has recently reported that Iguchi was to leave Japan on the 15th of January and then meet with reps from the Yankees and Red Sox. He was supposed to stay in the US for about 4 days. According to other reports Iguchi wants this matter settled fairly soon. A final decision could come at any time.

BRDSR
01-19-2005, 02:20 PM
In scouring the Internet I have made a couple of interesting discoveries. First Iguchi has stated that he was traveling to the US in mid January to consider the various offers and then make a final decision. Obviously it is mid January. The Nikkan Times has recently reported that Iguchi was to leave Japan on the 15th of January and then meet with reps from the Yankees and Red Sox. He was supposed to stay in the US for about 4 days. According to other reports Iguchi wants this matter settled fairly soon. A final decision could come at any time.

I believe this needs to be merged with a certain, potentially record setting thread about a dozen threads down...mods, thank you.

CPditka
01-19-2005, 02:56 PM
when will this deal get done??!?

01-19-2005, 03:28 PM

It won't

voodoochile
01-19-2005, 03:57 PM
This ugly long ridiculous thread is still alive for no apparent reason. It's now where it belongs...

Tekijawa
01-19-2005, 04:11 PM
I like stuff... boy this thread is long!

AZChiSoxFan
01-19-2005, 05:43 PM

Too bad that ChiSoxTony isn't around to tell us.

santo=dorf
01-21-2005, 11:30 AM
Monster bump for a monster thread.

Iguchi's agent has submitted a new contract proposal, 2 years $6 million.

http://www.daily.co.jp/baseball/2005/01/21/158567.shtml

Here's the story Translated (not the entire thing):

According to the group of authorized personnel, the Inokuchi representative and the Richard moth person, as for one time communicate to the ホ troop where negotiation is broken off, say condition of 2 year approximately 6,000,000 dollars (approximately 618000000 Yen) was required. The moth person who calculated the condition like the メッツ * Matsui 稼, for the first time means to put out " concession plan ".

The white socks first third in the winter meeting of of December last year for the first time in Inokuchi bidding. 2 year 4,000,000 dollar (approximately 412000000 Yen), 3000000 dollar 3rd year options (approximately 309000000 Yen) with condition was put out finally, but the moth person had dismissed. But in the latest offer, the possibility negotiation advancing came out.

It is said 5 clubs or more has shown interest in Inokuchi. But as for the lead socks which are major candidate, correct second base hand bell horn of previous season re-contract. The person in charge who the ヤンキース generalizes Japan " it does not receive the communication from the GM regarding Inokuchi ", you say. Furthermore as for club staff of the カージナルス " it is not moving to acquisition ", club staff of the アストロズ " it comes and the correct second base hand of season screw mosquito I - has been decided with the no ", you declare. It is seen as just the ホ troop that concrete offer is put out.

:bandance:

soxfan26
01-21-2005, 11:43 AM
Here's the story Translated (not the entire thing):

Clear as mud. :?:

Ol' No. 2
01-21-2005, 11:54 AM
Monster bump for a monster thread.

Iguchi's agent has submitted a new contract proposal, 2 years $6 million.

http://www.daily.co.jp/baseball/2005/01/21/158567.shtml

:bandance:Can somebody translate the translation?

Palehose13
01-21-2005, 11:56 AM
it comes and the correct second base hand of season screw mosquito I - has been decided with the no ", you declare.

:?: What the hell does that mean?

Can someone translate the translation?

Edit: LOL...ON2, we wrote that at the same time!

Pinch, poke, you owe me a coke... :wink:

Ol' No. 2
01-21-2005, 11:59 AM

Pinch, poke, you owe me a coke... :wink:Why is it that the "the correct second base hand of season screw mosquito" ALWAYS seems to be the sticking point?

Palehose13
01-21-2005, 12:03 PM
Why is it that the "the correct second base hand of season screw mosquito" ALWAYS seems to be the sticking point?

I have no idea. I played second and that never seemed to bother me. Was Nellie particular about it?

Ol' No. 2
01-21-2005, 12:04 PM
I have no idea. I played second and that never seemed to bother me. Was Nellie peculiar about it?Kinda makes you appreciate Scott Boras. With him it's just about money. THAT I understand.:cool:

Tekijawa
01-21-2005, 12:22 PM
with condition was put out finally, but the moth person had dismissed. But in the latest offer, the possibility negotiation advancing came out.

:bandance:

Great Kenny's negotiating with MOTH PEOPLE?!?!?! This is either some type of sacrilege or we'll end up with a Wookie with three years experience in the Tatooine professional ranks playing for us this year. I'm also dissappointed in the fact that he's a secondbase hand of a Screw Mosquito, we'd probably have to bat him between Konerko and Dye then! I'd also like to add that I've seen a movie with these "moth people" in them... They're definitely "Gamers"!!!!

FightingBillini
01-21-2005, 12:32 PM
For me Iguchi is the second best option. I would like for the Sox to trade for Polanco. He will be available! Though maybe not until July:(:
This from ESPN.com

More Rumbling and Grumbling

Teams that have spoken with the Phillies report there has been some "tire kicking" from other clubs on Placido Polanco (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?statsId=6049), who reluctantly took the Phillies' arbitration offer after turning down multiyear deals with the Cardinals and Indians.
Polanco got a one-year, $4.6-million contract out of it -- but that just figures to make him the best-paid utility player in baseball. So while Boston and Houston are among the clubs with interest in trading for him -- in combination with other moves -- Charlie Manuel is promising to get Polanco lots of at-bats at second base, third and even short. And the Phillies appear more inclined to use him as trade bait in July than in January.

StillMissOzzie
01-21-2005, 12:58 PM
Why is it that the "the correct second base hand of season screw mosquito" ALWAYS seems to be the sticking point?

LOL!

Mosquitos, moth man - are you sure this wasn't a bug report instead of the sports section?

SMO
:D:

Ol' No. 2
01-21-2005, 01:31 PM
LOL!

Mosquitos, moth man - are you sure this wasn't a bug report instead of the sports section?

SMO
:D:Did you like the part about "But as for the lead socks which are major candidate, correct second base hand bell horn of previous season re-contract."??? After a lot of head scratching, I realized they were talking about Mark Bellhorn re-signing with the Red Sox.:kneeslap:

Tekijawa
01-21-2005, 01:42 PM
Did you like the part about "But as for the lead socks which are major candidate, correct second base hand bell horn of previous season re-contract."??? After a lot of head scratching, I realized they were talking about Mark Bellhorn re-signing with the Red Sox.:kneeslap:

You speak Moth Man?:o:

bigredrudy
01-21-2005, 02:37 PM
Iguchi's agent has lowered his demands to a 2 year 6 million dollar contract. As I reported earlier the Iguchi signing appears imminent. I expect the signing to be
announced either today or Monday.

santo=dorf
01-21-2005, 02:38 PM
Iguchi's agent has lowered his demands to a 2 year 6 million dollar contract. As I reported earlier the Iguchi signing appears imminent. I expect the signing to be

Where did you report "it," and how credible is your source? :?:

BTW, this monster is being fed in the "What's the Score" forum. :cool:

Palehose13
01-21-2005, 02:42 PM
Where did you report "it," and how credible is your source? :?:

BTW, this monster is being fed in the "What's the Score" forum. :cool:

Ah yes, the "moth-man prophecy". :D:

Tekijawa
01-21-2005, 02:48 PM
Come to the light MOTH MEN!

chaz171
01-21-2005, 02:50 PM
/

PaleHoseGeorge
01-21-2005, 02:51 PM

I saw Iguchi and KW sipping slushies next to KW's car in the parking lot at White Hen Pantry. I think a deal is imminent.

Tekijawa
01-21-2005, 02:53 PM
I saw Iguchi and KW sipping slushies next to KW's car in the parking lot at White Hen Pantry. I think a deal is imminent.

My cousins uncle saw him at the Airport in Phoenix whispering something about Konerko and Garland into his cell phone!

OR

The Japanese are know for their love of partially frozen colored sugar watter! The deal has probably already been closed!

Palehose13
01-21-2005, 02:55 PM

Sipping slushies in this weather? Brrrrrrr. Is that how KW finds out if the guy is a grinder? :D:

PaleHoseGeorge
01-21-2005, 02:59 PM
Sipping slushies in this weather? Brrrrrrr. Is that how KW finds out if the guy is a grinder? :D:

Iguchi's lips were turning blue, so I'm not sure KW was much impressed with his "grinder" abilities.

Of course it might have been the blueberry food coloring, too.
:redneck

chaz171
01-21-2005, 03:00 PM
Another Unfounded Rumor.....Ah yes...

Even if Iguchi is Signed, It still leaves someone at second base that is a Question Mark like Willie Harris

to join with remaining question marks-- Joe Crede, Juan Uribe, Scott Posednik, Aaron Rowand, Jermaine Dye, El Duque, Shingo, Garland and Contreras.

http://library.thinkquest.org/18626/media/TitanicSinking2.gif
Always gotta Bring some Gloom and Doom!

Palehose13
01-21-2005, 03:02 PM
Another Unfounded Rumor.....Ah yes...

Even if Iguchi is Signed, It still leaves someone at second base that is a Question Mark like Willie Harris

or Joe Crede, Juan Uribe, Scott Posednik, Aaron Rowand, Jermaine Dye, El Duque, Shingo, Garland and Contreras.

http://library.thinkquest.org/18626/media/TitanicSinking2.gif
Always gotta Bring some Gloom and Doom!

Geesh...just what we need...another optimist around here!

AZChiSoxFan
01-21-2005, 03:09 PM

:rolling:

SoxRulecubsdrool
01-21-2005, 03:11 PM

Pinch, poke, you owe me a coke... :wink:

I am more concerned with this moth person they are talking about!!!!:o: :?:

AZChiSoxFan
01-21-2005, 03:12 PM

Why don't you ask ChiSoxTony? He'll be able to confirm or deny it after talking to his union source.

maurice
01-21-2005, 03:21 PM
What's with all the confusion? Clearly, "screw mosquito" is an idiomatic Japanese expression that means "too much deferred money."

More fun with poorly translated Japanese (http://www.engrish.com/).

Ol' No. 2
01-21-2005, 03:44 PM
You speak Moth Man?:o:And I thought all that time I spent in Moth Man classes was going to be a waste of time. Who knew?

Palehose13
01-21-2005, 03:51 PM
And I thought all that time I spent in Moth Man classes was going to be a waste of time. Who knew?

Kinda like Latin!

Ol' No. 2
01-21-2005, 03:52 PM
Kinda like Latin!I'll bet I'm the only one here who actually DID take Latin in HS.

StillMissOzzie
01-21-2005, 03:59 PM

I hope it's warmer in Japan or wherever they're sipping those slushies than it is here. And the sugar from the slushies is what's attracting the mosquitos AND the moths. And maybe the "lead sox" reference explains why Willie Harris didn't steal very many bases last year. It's all making sense now.

SMO
This thread has been good for more laughs in the last 24 hours than the whole 2 weeks before that!

maurice
01-21-2005, 04:02 PM
I'll bet I'm the only one here who actually DID take Latin in HS.

Mrs. Maurice took 4 years of Latin in HS, then went on to get a classics degree (and later a doctorate in psychology). Her younger brother currently is taking Latin in HS. She couldn't talk him out of it.
:D:

Ol' No. 2
01-21-2005, 04:05 PM
Mrs. Maurice took 4 years of Latin in HS, then went on to get a classics degree (and later a doctorate in psychology). Her younger brother currently is taking Latin in HS. She couldn't talk him out of it.
:D:They STILL teach Latin in HS? I thought that went out years ago.

voodoochile
01-21-2005, 04:47 PM
They STILL teach Latin in HS? I thought that went out years ago.

Take sign language as your language requirement, trust me, you might actually use it sometime in the future...

I wonder what the appropriate hand gesture for screw mosquito is anyway? :o:

CurseoftheGoat63
01-21-2005, 06:09 PM
i dont know if someone already posted this, and if they did sorry for my mistake.

According to Daily Sports [Link (http://www.daily.co.jp/baseball/2005/01/21/158567.shtml)] (Japanese language), Iguchi's agent, Richard Moss, has made a new proposal (on 19 Jan, U.S. time) to the White Sox for 2 years at 3 million per year. No other (MLB) teams have shown any serious interest, according to the article. So it looks like it will be the White Sox if they can come to a compromise.

:winner

PaleHoseGeorge
01-21-2005, 06:15 PM
i dont know if someone already posted this, and if they did sorry for my mistake.

According to Daily Sports [Link (http://www.daily.co.jp/baseball/2005/01/21/158567.shtml)] (Japanese language), Iguchi's agent, Richard Moss, has made a new proposal (on 19 Jan, U.S. time) to the White Sox for 2 years at 3 million per year. No other (MLB) teams have shown any serious interest, according to the article. So it looks like it will be the White Sox if they can come to a compromise.

:winner

OMIGOD!!! This is the funniest one yet!!!!

Where's my Engrish dictionary???

:)

ChiWhiteSox1337
01-21-2005, 06:17 PM
If he's a significant upgrade over Willie Harris, I'm all for it. :cool:

Ol' No. 2
01-21-2005, 06:21 PM

:winnerRichard Moss must be the "disguise" name for Moth-man. Like Clark Kent for Superman. We need one of the Photoshop guys to get busy on a picture of Moth-man. Ready. Set. Go.

voodoochile
01-21-2005, 06:26 PM

It's all Greek to me...:D:

That was SUCH an infomative link. I did enjoy the little "Home" link in the corner. Sumo updates in Japanese. Nellie this ones for you...:gulp:

idseer
01-21-2005, 06:39 PM
my only comment is:

???????????????????????????????23????????????????? ?????14??????????????????????????????????????????? ????22?????????????/

PaleHoseGeorge
01-21-2005, 06:40 PM
I think this deserves its own thread, but thats me. If someone already posted this, sorry.

Does anyone think that this will happen?:unsure:

You're wrong. It deserves major laughs, but not it's own thread. We have a thread for this.

Jjav829
01-21-2005, 06:41 PM
my only comment is:

???????????????????????????????23????????????????? ?????14??????????????????????????????????????????? ????22?????????????/

I translated it in google. Here's what it says:

?@?_?C?G?[?i???\?t?g?o??N?j?????R?_????????????[?O?????????w????????m??????i?R?O?j???A?z???C?g?\ ?b?N?X???{?i???????s?????????????P?X??i??{???? ?Q?O??j?A?????????B?@????????W???????????A?????? ????l?A???`???[?h?E???X?????A??x?????????????????z?R???A?????A?Q N???U?O?O???h???i???U??P?W?O?O??~?j?????????v?? ??????????B???b?c?E???????????????????????????? ?X?????A??????g??????h???o??????????????B?@?z?? ?C?g?\?b?N?X???A??N?P?Q?????{???E?C??^?[?~?[?e?B??O?????????????????????B???II???QN?S?O?O ???h???i???S??P?Q?O?O??~?j?A?RN???I?v?V???R?O ?O???h???i???R??X?O?O??~?j???????????o???????A?? ?X?????p?????????B????????????\????????A?????? O?i?????\?????o???????B?@?????????T?c???????? ????????????????????????B???????L???????????????b ?h?\?b?N?X???A???G??????????x???z?[??????_???B????L?[?X????{????????S??????u?f?l?????????????????A ???????????????v???b????????B???????J?[?W?i???X???c??????u?l??????????????v?A?A?X ?g???Y???c??????u???G????????????r?X?J?C?[?m??????????????v???????B???I???I?t?@?[???o????????????z?R???????????????B @? J? Q? O? O? H? B? A "? '? B

Hope that clears things up. :D:

CurseoftheGoat63
01-21-2005, 06:47 PM

I just reporting what i found on another board.

PaleHoseGeorge
01-21-2005, 06:49 PM
I just reporting what i found on another board.

Ahem... consider the source.
:cool:

Oh, and welcome to the board.
:welcome:

Nick@Nite
01-21-2005, 06:54 PM
It's all Greek to me...:D:

No it's not. Trust me on this. :wink:

CurseoftheGoat63
01-21-2005, 06:58 PM
Ahem... consider the source.

Oh, and welcome to the board.
:welcome:Thanks and usally it is a pretty dependable source. and the thing about " i think this deserves it's own thread" i knew this one existed. i was trying to make a new one and it didn't work. just to set the record straight.

TommyJohn
01-21-2005, 07:02 PM
Gotta do it.

:tomatoaward :tomatoaward :tomatoaward
:tomatoaward :tomatoaward :tomatoaward

PaleHoseGeorge
01-21-2005, 07:05 PM
Thanks and usally it is a pretty dependable source.

Does your "dependable source" normally link to sites written in Japanese characters? Must be a bitch to confirm what he claims it says, eh?

He ought to just hang out at the airport eavesdropping on cellphone conversations. It helps having a cousin with his ear to the ground in the San Francisco area, too.

CurseoftheGoat63
01-21-2005, 07:37 PM
Does your "dependable source" normally link to sites written in Japanese characters? Must be a bitch to confirm what he claims it says, eh?

He ought to just hang out at the airport eavesdropping on cellphone conversations. It helps having a cousin with his ear to the ground in the San Francisco area, too.
no

NSSoxFan
01-21-2005, 07:37 PM

I saw this Greek website that is originally in Japanese, and they said that Kenny is flying to Helsinki right now to close the deal with Tadahito.

BRDSR
01-21-2005, 08:10 PM
A couple hours ago(I think) I saw a thread that said we were the last team interested in Iguchi and that his agent had said he could be bought for 2 years, 6 million. There was a link on the thread that I never looked at, and when I came back a couple minutes later the thread was completely gone. I'm assuming a mod removed it. Was the source not legit? Was this guy just spouting nonsense? I thought it would be great if it were true, but now I have no idea if it is or not.

Also, what happened to the monster thread concerning Iguchi and a White Sox love connection? I thought the record was going to broken with that one.

munchman33
01-22-2005, 04:07 AM
Try throwing the japanese text here (http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/cgi-bin/cgiwrap/jwb/wwwjdic?9T). You get key words like Iguchi, free agent, and my personal favorite, White Sauce. Pasting it together, looks like the article may be legit.

First line reads something like Iguchi Socks rules discussion losing free agent bank, or something of the sort.

Sorry, its the best I could do.

chisoxlawyer
01-23-2005, 11:00 AM
Anyone hears any new news on signing Iguchi.

SoxRulecubsdrool
01-23-2005, 11:08 AM
Welcome!

Hop over to the WHAT'S THE SCORE? forum and scroll down to find the Iguchi thread. Otherwise known as the thread that will not die.

MRKARNO
01-23-2005, 11:12 AM
Also, what happened to the monster thread concerning Iguchi and a White Sox love connection? I thought the record was going to broken with that one.

The record for a substantiative thread is 776 replies for the Carlos Lee to the Brewers thread. The record for any thread is the 2004 baseball keeper league thread with 782 replies. I dont think this thread will break that unless he actually signs and they combine that thread with this one.

PaleHoseGeorge
01-23-2005, 11:15 AM
Try throwing the japanese text here (http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/cgi-bin/cgiwrap/jwb/wwwjdic?9T). You get key words like Iguchi, free agent, and my personal favorite, White Sauce. Pasting it together, looks like the article may be legit.

First line reads something like Iguchi Socks rules discussion losing free agent bank, or something of the sort.

Sorry, its the best I could do.

That's funny. When I tried "throwing" the Japanese text into that translator, it came back "Paul is dead... Paul is dead... Paul is dead..."

delben91
01-23-2005, 11:22 AM
I wasn't about to read this entire thread, but luckily I did see the posts about negotiating with the moth people and the analysis of the necessity to have a second base hand screw mosquito player on the team. How would Iguchi compare to the other secondbasemen in the league in the hand screw mosquito category? Can we get one of the statheads to investigate this?

munchman33
01-23-2005, 12:09 PM
That's funny. When I tried "throwing" the Japanese text into that translator, it came back "Paul is dead... Paul is dead... Paul is dead..."

:rolling:

Palehose13
01-24-2005, 07:56 PM
I guess the moth man couldn't stop this love connection! :D: