PDA

View Full Version : New Payroll Figure!!

GiveMeSox
12-24-2004, 10:19 PM
Please note there are 26 men on this roster becuase i dont know who gets ousted from the pen. Probably Adkins.

WhiteSoxAaron
12-25-2004, 12:48 AM
that cool but we still have more money than 2 million we need infielder and catcher.

GiveMeSox
12-25-2004, 01:16 AM
that cool but we still have more money than 2 million we need infielder and catcher.
I doubt we get a catcher. We wouldn't have resigned davis for 1 mil if that had been the case. Honestly there really aren't any cathers out there via free agency that we could get. I know we could use another middle infielder though. Where do you see we have 2 mil still left to spend. With a payroll of 69.5 mil that basically tops us out at our 70 mil budget.

DaleJRFan
12-25-2004, 02:11 AM
Please note there are 26 men on this roster becuase i dont know who gets ousted from the pen. Probably Adkins.
I'd imagine it would be Escobar who would be cut, realistically. Both KW and Ozzie had made comments regarding Adkin's progress last year and how he fits the team and the team's plans. Will the Sox go with 11 pitchers or 12???

If the Big Hurt isn't ready in time for opening day, I'd presume that both Adkins and Escobar would remain on the 25 man roster.

I had always wanted to start a thread asking questions about Escobar... but never got around to it. So what is the deal with him anyway??? I know he was a hot prospect in the Cleveland organization and never panned out, but that's about all I know. How'd we get him? Why is he on the team?? We already have a dud outfielder (do I need to name names???)?

I am curious about what everyone thinks about him, as, honestly, I know nothing about him.

OEO Magglio
12-25-2004, 02:12 AM
I'd imagine it would be Escobar who would be cut, realistically. Both KW and Ozzie had made comments regarding Adkin's progress last year and how he fits the team and the team's plans. Will the Sox go with 11 pitchers or 12???

If the Big Hurt isn't ready in time for opening day, I'd presume that both Adkins and Escobar would remain on the 25 man roster.

I had always wanted to start a thread asking questions about Escobar... but never got around to it. So what is the deal with him anyway??? I know he was a hot prospect in the Cleveland organization and never panned out, but that's about all I know. How'd we get him? Why is he on the team?? We already have a dud outfielder (do I need to name names???)?

I am curious about what everyone thinks about him, as, honestly, I know nothing about him.

Escobar won't be on the roster.

DaleJRFan
12-25-2004, 02:24 AM
Then I am assuming he is the White Sox obligitory "aging skill-diminished non-roster ST invite." We (why do people always say we?? I'm not on the team!!) .. The Sox (There, that's better!) seem to have one or two of these guys per year. My father nicknamed the Sox the "Hospital Squad" :D:

Slow Mike
12-25-2004, 02:31 AM
You forgot Ross Gload. He'll be on the roster. Escobar sucks.

SLow

ma-gaga
12-25-2004, 03:08 AM
Here's my "current" version. Dollar amounts continue to differ slightly, but the general total is similar. I bumped up the minimum salary to $316,000. and gave El Duke his "bonus" money... Will Rowand get over $1MM??? I didn't think he was that far along the pay scale. (oh, and mine has 25 players on it. ah ha ha!)

http://www.tc.umn.edu/~dunca016/WSox%20-%202005%20Roster%20-%203.jpg

Jerome
12-25-2004, 11:10 AM
As much as I didn't like the trade, have to admit Podsednik saved us some serious $$$.

OG4LIFE
12-25-2004, 11:18 AM
i could be a moron, but why did we throw that 3 year deal and money at uribe? i'm not sure he's worth it just yet...

yea, it is nice to have someone locked up at a fairly low pay rate (assuming he fills his potential), but as far as i can see, that's still an IF...

johnny_mostil
12-25-2004, 11:24 AM
i could be a moron, but why did we throw that 3 year deal and money at uribe? i'm not sure he's worth it just yet...
Why not? The man is young and he's a brilliant defensive player. His hitting is a bonus, and it's pretty good, too. Given the preposterous bucks thrown at Eckstein and Guzman this offseason, a SS who hits .280 with 20-plus homers with real defensive ability deserves it.

johnny_mostil
12-25-2004, 11:26 AM

Uh, rosters are fluid, so 'both'. Adkins has options left. I'd bet he'll know the flight schedule from Charlotte to Chicago by heart by June.

johnny_mostil
12-25-2004, 11:38 AM

The deal with him is, he can't stay healthy, he's had all sorts of people try to "fix" him, but he's never performed consistently at the level expected of him. (Just like LTP.)
He was claimed on waivers when Cleveland ran out of roster spots.
Because he has all five tools, he makes scouts drool (the White Sox are a scouting-driven team), and, possibly, because he's Venezuelan.
He's not a non-roster ST invite, he's on the roster. He could make the team if he dominates in Tucson as a reserve, but he's righthanded and has no track record, which puts him behind Timo automatically.

OG4LIFE
12-25-2004, 05:24 PM
Why not? The man is young and he's a brilliant defensive player. His hitting is a bonus, and it's pretty good, too. Given the preposterous bucks thrown at Eckstein and Guzman this offseason, a SS who hits .280 with 20-plus homers with real defensive ability deserves it.
i guess i thought one of uribe's great assets was that he was cheap- league minimum cheap, and i am unsure when he was eligible for arbitration. is he worth the money, yes, but i guess my point/question is- did we really have to pay him? if he was arbitration eligible this year, ok i can understand it. if not, i dont understand the move...

SoxxoS
12-25-2004, 07:12 PM
i guess i thought one of uribe's great assets was that he was cheap- league minimum cheap, and i am unsure when he was eligible for arbitration. is he worth the money, yes, but i guess my point/question is- did we really have to pay him? if he was arbitration eligible this year, ok i can understand it. if not, i dont understand the move...
I completely agree with that. I would want a little more consistancy than Uribe with that money. Actually, a LOT more consistancy.

GiveMeSox
12-25-2004, 08:36 PM
Here's my "current" version. Dollar amounts continue to differ slightly, but the general total is similar. I bumped up the minimum salary to $316,000. and gave El Duke his "bonus" money... Will Rowand get over $1MM??? I didn't think he was that far along the pay scale. (oh, and mine has 25 players on it. ah ha ha!)

http://www.tc.umn.edu/%7Edunca016/WSox%20-%202005%20Roster%20-%203.jpg
The resources i read show Rowand should get around 1.5 mil in arbitration. That comes from the tribune. Uribe's deal according to the press release said he was going to make 2.15 in 05, its backloaded. Same thing with El Duque according to the press release on whitesox.com his deal is backlaoded at 3.5 mil in 05 and 4.5 in 06. Also possednick's salary is listed on dugout dollars as 0.55 for 05. I stand by my earlier totals besides leaving out gload.

kaufsox
12-25-2004, 08:38 PM
As much as I didn't like the trade, have to admit Podsednik saved us some serious $$$.

I just can't get excited about saving money unless its my own. :smile:

iwannago
12-25-2004, 09:09 PM
I just can't get excited about saving money unless its my own. :smile:
AMEN

wdelaney72
12-25-2004, 10:36 PM
I completely agree with that. I would want a little more consistancy than Uribe with that money. Actually, a LOT more consistancy.
I completely agree.

I like Uribe and am glad he's signed, but I thought that was a lot of money for him.

jeremydavid
12-26-2004, 03:47 PM
is there some sort of website where i can view everyone's contract?

GiveMeSox
12-26-2004, 04:38 PM
is there some sort of website where i can view everyone's contract?
I pieced mine together from press relases from the whitesox.com archive as well as use dugout dollars to get the other contracts.

Jabroni
12-26-2004, 04:47 PM
is there some sort of website where i can view everyone's contract?http://dugoutdollars.blogspot.com/

So how much money does KW have left to spend? If the 2005 payroll is supposedly going up to $75 million, KW has $5.5 million left to spend right? That's enough money to swing a trade for Polanco and pay his salary. :cool:

ma-gaga
12-27-2004, 03:09 AM
The resources i read show Rowand should get around 1.5 mil in arbitration. That comes from the tribune. Uribe's deal according to the press release said he was going to make 2.15 in 05, its backloaded. Same thing with El Duque according to the press release on whitesox.com his deal is backlaoded at 3.5 mil in 05 and 4.5 in 06. Also possednick's salary is listed on dugout dollars as 0.55 for 05. I stand by my earlier totals besides leaving out gload.Ok, that makes sense, I'll edit the chart for the backloaded deals.
I'm still a little surprised at Rowand's salary. Maybe if the W.Sox sign him to a long-term deal he gets that amount, but he's only had one solid year at the majors...

:gulp:

MeanFish
12-27-2004, 10:43 AM

http://www.tc.umn.edu/%7Edunca016/WSox%20-%202005%20Roster%20-%203.jpg
Cliff Politte isn't going to like this.... :angry: