PDA

View Full Version : Delgado?

Soxforlife
12-24-2004, 01:03 PM
After reading Rogers article in the Sun Times it got me thinking.... I like the idea of offering Konerko a contract extension and seeing if he bites. I hope he does but if not than he doesn't want to be a corner stone and if not than i say we move him and go after Delgado. He would love playing in the wind tunnel that is the cell. I know that financially it might not be possible but getting rid of Konerko and Garlands salary and maybe getting Vazquez than adding Delgado... I'd say it would be a good off season.

kittle42
12-24-2004, 01:15 PM
After reading Rogers article in the Sun Times it got me thinking.... I like the idea of offering Konerko a contract extension and seeing if he bites. I hope he does but if not than he doesn't want to be a corner stone and if not than i say we move him and go after Delgado. He would love playing in the wind tunnel that is the cell. I know that financially it might not be possible but getting rid of Konerko and Garlands salary and maybe getting Vazquez than adding Delgado... I'd say it would be a good off season.Umm...you do realize you're talking about the White Sox, right?

Soxforlife
12-24-2004, 01:21 PM
Umm...you do realize you're talking about the White Sox, right?
I know i guess its just wishful thinking

FightingBillini
12-24-2004, 01:49 PM
I agree, this would be a great move. I think he is a piece of crap personally, but I would be able to root for him if he played for the Sox. However, last I heard he wanted $16mil a year over 4 years. The damn D-Backs gave that horrible contract to Glaus, so Delgado will get at least $12mil a year. While KW would certainly want him, and he would be a big improvement over Konerko in almost all categories, I just dont think we would have enough money to sign him.

kittle42
12-26-2004, 05:14 PM
I'd love to see Delgado on the Sox, despite the fact that it would mean the replacement of one of my favorites in GIDPK. Little downside to adding a fine player like Delgado - too bad he commands more than the Sox would ever be ready to pay in this market.

Jabroni
12-26-2004, 05:53 PM
I'd love to see Delgado on the Sox, despite the fact that it would mean the replacement of one of my favorites in GIDPK. Little downside to adding a fine player like Delgado - too bad he commands more than the Sox would ever be ready to pay in this market.Why throw all that money at an old geezer like Delgado. Sure, he's still good but he will be 34 years old soon.

eastchicagosoxfan
12-26-2004, 05:56 PM
Why throw all that money at an old geezer like Delgado. Sure, he's still good but he will be 34 years old soon.
I agree. The Sox have Delgado now, but 5 years younger in Paulie.

BRDSR
12-26-2004, 06:55 PM
After reading Rogers article in the Sun Times it got me thinking.... I like the idea of offering Konerko a contract extension and seeing if he bites. I hope he does but if not than he doesn't want to be a corner stone and if not than i say we move him and go after Delgado. He would love playing in the wind tunnel that is the cell. I know that financially it might not be possible but getting rid of Konerko and Garlands salary and maybe getting Vazquez than adding Delgado... I'd say it would be a good off season.
In theory I like this idea(except tha Paulie is my favorite Sox player) but the problem is that there are too many unknowns. Moving a contract like Paulie's is more of a waiting game than anything else, because you want to get some equal return talent-wise but thats hard to find because the other team will be taking on his salary. If you go after Delgado and get him first, then KW is really pressured to move Konerko and he might have to end up taking a bad deal for him. If you move Konerko first, theres still no guarantee you can sign Delgado and you might end up without a potent bat in the middle of the lineup to begin the season. Like I said, good idea in theory, but the logistics seem too difficult to me.

Jabroni
12-26-2004, 06:57 PM
In theory I like this idea(except tha Paulie is my favorite Sox player) but the problem is that there are too many unknowns. Moving a contract like Paulie's is more of a waiting game than anything else, because you want to get some equal return talent-wise but thats hard to find because the other team will be taking on his salary. If you go after Delgado and get him first, then KW is really pressured to move Konerko and he might have to end up taking a bad deal for him. If you move Konerko first, theres still no guarantee you can sign Delgado and you might end up without a potent bat in the middle of the lineup to begin the season. Like I said, good idea in theory, but the logistics seem too difficult to me.How about this question...

Question: Why sign Delgado for $12 million a year instead of just signing Konerko for $12 million a year?

Answer: Because JR doesn't want to spend that much. :wink:

petekat
12-28-2004, 03:21 PM
why is he a piece of crap personally? don't know enough about him....

[QUOTE=FightingBillini]I agree, this would be a great move. I think he is a piece of crap personally, but I would be able to root for him if he played for the Sox. However, last I heard he wanted $16mil a year over 4 years. T

jabrch
12-28-2004, 03:26 PM
why is he a piece of crap personally? don't know enough about him....

[QUOTE=FightingBillini]I agree, this would be a great move. I think he is a piece of crap personally, but I would be able to root for him if he played for the Sox. However, last I heard he wanted $16mil a year over 4 years. T
He refuses to stand up for the national anthem, if I recall correctly.

kittle42
12-28-2004, 03:30 PM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=43302

And soon this one may end up there, too.