PDA

View Full Version : ALCS=World Series

Foulke You
10-16-2001, 02:24 PM
Is there any doubt that the winner of the Yankees/M's series will be the World Series champs? In my opinion, the Braves and D'backs are simply outclassed by the two AL teams. I'm predicting the AL team will win in 5 in the World Series.

My prediction for the ALCS: Facing an elimination game 7 in Safeco Field will mark the end of the Yankees string of World Series victories. As the White Sox and Tribe can tell you, Safeco is a tough place to play an elimination game. The Yanks will put up a great fight but I think the Mariners will edge them in 7.

GASHWOUND
10-16-2001, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Foulke You
Is there any doubt that the winner of the Yankees/M's series will be the World Series champs? In my opinion, the Braves and D'backs are simply outclassed by the two AL teams. I'm predicting the AL team will win in 5 in the World Series.

My prediction for the ALCS: Facing an elimination game 7 in Safeco Field will mark the end of the Yankees string of World Series victories. As the White Sox and Tribe can tell you, Safeco is a tough place to play an elimination game. The Yanks will put up a great fight but I think the Mariners will edge them in 7.

Well, if the D-Backs make it(which the will) they have Shilling, Johnson as their 2 top starters. Which will be better than any f the top 2 starters of the Yanks, Mariners. Advantage. D-Backs.
But the D-Backs have no depth in starting pitching and bullpen. Advantage Mariners/Yanks. More Mariners. The D-Backs "O" is abot equal to that of the Mariners and Yanks. But I predict it will be D-Backs-Mariners in the WS. Overall, Seattle is better. Betterbullpen will help than overcome the D-Backs two aces and keep them in the game to maybe get to their bullpen.