PDA

View Full Version : Sox source "Konerko is going nowhere"

Bisco Stu
12-23-2004, 10:55 PM
No shocker, obviously we need PK's lumber in our very NL-lineup. Glad to know it's official and all the needless speculation can end.

Shingotime!!
12-23-2004, 11:02 PM
Podsednick (2003>2004, steal like crazy and you'll be fine)
Rowand (Hopefully not just a one year wonder)
Thomas (Please be healthy)
Konerko (Keep on doing what your doing, except for all those double plays!)
Dye (Have fun at the cell)
Uribe (Consistency is key)
Crede (New swing better help or YOU GONE)
Davis (eh)
Harris (Keep on improving, use those legs)

Not too bad i guess.

SoxFan48
12-23-2004, 11:11 PM
Yup, that what our basestealing wonders of 2005 need to do. If Pod repeats his .313 OBP of last year, he will have negative VORP. And same goes for Willie. Singles, bunt singles, walks, HBP whatever--get on base than Pod and Willie can add value to the 2005 Sox.

Fire Kenny
12-24-2004, 12:14 AM
If they move Konerko they'll be one of the worst offensive teams in the AL, right now they are middle of the pack....

RKMeibalane
12-24-2004, 12:14 AM
If they move Konerko they'll be one of the worst offensive teams in the AL, right now they are middle of the pack....
Konerko is not going anywhere. Williams has already stated as much.

PaleHoseGeorge
12-24-2004, 10:05 AM
If they move Konerko they'll be one of the worst offensive teams in the AL, right now they are middle of the pack.... This is going to be a very different sort of team next season. Rather than "basepath speed" or "little ball," the offensive production will depend on OBP. It's no different than any other year. Fixing the OBP abyss at the top and bottom of our line up has come at direct expense to the power in the center of our line up.

As for better glovemanship, it won't amount to a hill of beans compared to improving the #4 and #5 holes in the rotation. "Defense" in baseball is spelled p-i-t-c-h-i-n-g.

Are the 2005 Sox better than the 2004 team? Sure maybe, but we've got six months this summer to find out for sure. 83 wins is the benchmark for improvement but MLB doesn't give out door prizes for winning 89 games either (at least not usually). Those seem tall hurdles for the Sox to overcome. We'll see...

hose
12-24-2004, 10:22 AM
With Maggs and Carlos gone and Frank not 100% I don't see Konerko going anywhere.

Whitesox029
12-24-2004, 11:33 AM
No shocker, obviously we need PK's lumber in our very NL-lineup. Glad to know it's official and all the needless speculation can end.Thank God...I would have had to hurt someone physically if we had traded both Lee and Konerko.
I will miss Lee, bu I would have been missing PK even more. He's the guy who is going to step forward and be the veteran leader on this team, along with Big Hurt. Lee just didn't seem to be that type of guy.

RKMeibalane
12-24-2004, 04:23 PM
This is going to be a very different sort of team next season. Rather than "basepath speed" or "little ball," the offensive production will depend on OBP. It's no different than any other year. Fixing the OBP abyss at the top and bottom of our line up has come at direct expense to the power in the center of our line up.
That's the trick, isn't it? Right now, the Sox have one player who understands the strike zone and is patient enough to take walks on a regular basis. Even with Ordonez and Lee gone, there are still too many players in the lineup who swing for the fences every time up (*cough* Crede *cough*). I hope that the new accquisitions by KW will help to turn things around, because the Sox need to learn to score runs without the three-run homer. I don't have the stats in front of me, but I would imagine that the number of games the Sox have lost 1-0 or 2-1 is large enough that if they had won those games, they might have two or three more division titles.

Brian26
12-24-2004, 06:55 PM
This is going to be a very different sort of team next season. Rather than "basepath speed" or "little ball," the offensive production will depend on OBP. It's no different than any other year. Fixing the OBP abyss at the top and bottom of our line up has come at direct expense to the power in the center of our line up.
The only significant change to the lineup is the switch from CLee in the center of the lineup to Pods in the leadoff spot. I'm calling Mags/Dye a wash at this point. Should be interesting to see what happens. My gut feeling is that we're going to miss CLee, but I hope I'm wrong.

johnny_mostil
12-24-2004, 08:25 PM
My gut feeling is that we're going to miss CLee, but I hope I'm wrong.
Yeah, someone else will need to pick up the slack and pop out on the first pitch trying to homer.