PDA

View Full Version : Vizquel or Eckstein?

DVsoxfan
12-23-2004, 03:40 PM
Ok, at the beginning of the offseason, we almost had Omar Vizquel. Yes, that would've been a welcome aquisition. Now we are hearing rumors that David Eckstein might be headed to the Sox. So the question is, even though we still can't get Vizquel, would you rather have Eckstein or Vizquel? I'd go with Eckstein.

MeanFish
12-23-2004, 03:45 PM
The thing with David Eckstein is that he just doesn't create the same buzz as flashier players like, say, Omar Vizquel. Some teams are trying to get better using real facts, but the truth is that many of the bigger-market teams involve themselves in a contest over who has the "bigger unit" (if you know what I mean.) every offseason in order to create more buzz and sell more tickets. Omar Vizquel wins that battle bar none, even if Eckstein is more likely to have a better year.

Mohoney
12-23-2004, 05:02 PM
The thing with David Eckstein is that he just doesn't create the same buzz as flashier players like, say, Omar Vizquel. Some teams are trying to get better using real facts, but the truth is that many of the bigger-market teams involve themselves in a contest over who has the "bigger unit" (if you know what I mean.) every offseason in order to create more buzz and sell more tickets. Omar Vizquel wins that battle bar none, even if Eckstein is more likely to have a better year.Great point. Omar had 9 consecutive Gold Gloves. He went to the World Series twice.

Eckstein has a ring on his finger, though, and was a BIG reason for that team getting that ring.

I would gladly take either one of them, and since Eckstein is available, we're making a big mistake if we don't bring the guy in here.

SoxFan48
12-23-2004, 05:59 PM
Eckstein's VORP is heading toward zero and falling. This is not a good way to spend money.

veeter
12-23-2004, 06:15 PM
Of the two I would want Vizquel. As much as I admire Eckstein I always felt he would just simply drop off. He's proven me wrong but I think, since Vizquel is unattainable, I'd rather have Willie at this point. Save the dough for mid-season.

Fire Kenny
12-23-2004, 06:44 PM
:whiner: Great point. Omar had 9 consecutive Gold Gloves. He went to the World Series twice.

Eckstein has a ring on his finger, though, and was a BIG reason for that team getting that ring.

I would gladly take either one of them, and since Eckstein is available, we're making a big mistake if we don't bring the guy in here.
He was hardy important to that angels team, hes a very slight upgrade over Willie if he's cheap.

SOXFAN82
12-23-2004, 06:48 PM
hopefully we can get ecks now. I think it would be another great addition to the sox. Hope Kenny does some more magic and Jerry shoveling out some more $$$$.
:bandance:
Brian

Dub25
12-23-2004, 07:24 PM
Doesn't matter now. According to a thread in the parking lot Eckstein is headed for the Cardinals.

hosieryofthegods
12-23-2004, 07:28 PM
Espn just put up an article that Eckstein signed with the cards:(: .