PDA

View Full Version : Fired Cubs Asst. Trainer Alleges Team Knowingly Broke State Law

Wealz
12-23-2004, 12:49 AM
Says team head trainer was not state certifed. He threatens to depose every member of clubhouse.

http://www.nbc5.com/sports/4018074/detail.html?z=dp&dpswid=2265994&dppid=65194

Brian26
12-24-2004, 08:56 PM
Wonder what he knows about corked bats and steroids.

MUsoxfan
12-24-2004, 09:16 PM
It breaks my heart to see all this going on

DumpJerry
12-24-2004, 10:12 PM
I know the guy's lawyer. He's not gonna depose "everyone," way too expensive (the client has to pay the expenses up front). Each deposition is a few grand. If he tries to depose "everyone," the Cubs will be in court claiming that he is harassing them with redundant depositions and will probably prevail in the motion unless the guy can show each person being deposed has unique information which is relevant.

I predict this lawsuit is going nowhere fast. Real fast. There is just no way the Cubs would use an unlicensed trainer to care for their multi-million dollar investments. It defies logic. I bet the head trainer is licensed in another state and is allowed to practice here under the other state's license for a time period.

Funny thing about media reports about legal matters is that the press gets it only 40-50% right, the percentage is higher when reading legal press because the reporters are usually people with legal experience and the editors know their audience are lawyers and they have to be accurate if they want to stay in business. I always laugh when I read or see legal matters reported in the mass media and how wrong it usually is (mostly due to manipulations by the lawyers).

JoseCanseco6969
12-24-2004, 11:31 PM
Says team head trainer was not state certifed. He threatens to depose every member of clubhouse.

http://www.nbc5.com/sports/4018074/detail.html?z=dp&dpswid=2265994&dppid=65194
the cubs not following laws???? i am stunned!!!!!

Rocklive99
12-25-2004, 02:40 AM
This guy and his lawyer were on the Score a couple days ago. Interesting, Dusty knew about it but was 'told to keep his mouth shut.' When asked if this had anything to do with Prior's injury or others that were told different return dates, he answered by saying 'put 2 and 2 together.' There was a lot he couldn't say though because they had to wait for a court order

I_Liked_Manuel
12-25-2004, 03:24 AM
i'm willing to be that somehow, someway, da mayor gets his last laugh from the fiasco last summer through this