PDA

View Full Version : White Sox Spring Training After 2005

Viva Medias B's
12-23-2004, 12:23 AM
Do we know anything definitive on the status of the White Sox Spring Training arrangements beyond 2005? Will they leave Tucson? Despite the popularity of the Phoenix area, I hope the Sox stay in Tucson.

TDog
12-23-2004, 12:05 PM
Do we know anything definitive on the status of the White Sox Spring Training arrangements beyond 2005? Will they leave Tucson? Despite the popularity of the Phoenix area, I hope the Sox stay in Tucson.
With the Angels agreeing to stay in Tempe, that city isn't in the market to take the Sox. I think Goodyear is looking for a team, but Goodyear doesn't have the cultural advantages of Tucson, although it is closer to the strip of the heat-radiating strip of concrete known as metropolitan Phoenix.

Like you, I hope the Sox stay in Tucson.

chidavid18
12-23-2004, 12:39 PM
No night Life.

LASOXFAN
12-23-2004, 01:21 PM
I'd like it better if they moved to Phoenix. More teams up there, although the Sox/Diamondbacks facility is first class and the best food of any park in Arizona (yes, I've been to them all).

iwannago
12-23-2004, 01:33 PM
They should relocate spring training back to Florida!:)

Whitesox029
12-23-2004, 01:38 PM
Do we know anything definitive on the status of the White Sox Spring Training arrangements beyond 2005? Will they leave Tucson? Despite the popularity of the Phoenix area, I hope the Sox stay in Tucson.I would very much like them to move back to Florida. 3 out of the other 4 teams in our division train in Florida and it would behoove us to get a better look at them. Not only that, spring stat wouldn't be skewed by the thin air. Curveballs would curve more, the ball wouldn't fly so far...it's better for evalutaion.

maurice
12-23-2004, 03:17 PM
No night Life.
Is this really true? How can decent-size city with a major public university have zero night life?

Viva Medias B's
12-23-2004, 07:13 PM
Nightlife in Tucson takes place along the University Avenue strip south of the U of A campus.

michned
12-23-2004, 07:25 PM
Is this really true? How can decent-size city with a major public university have zero night life?
As said in the last post, most of the night life is around the U of A but I've lived in both Tucson and Phoenix and I think Tucson is more interesting to visit from a tourist point of view. Just lots of things to visit in Southern Arizona, along with great golf and great Mexican restaraunts.

Ed

soxwon
12-23-2004, 07:45 PM
No night Life.
hey i found this redneck country bar next door to a strip joint on some road in tucson.

SoxxoS
12-23-2004, 08:03 PM
If you are talking Nightlife and overall a much better city (in my opinion, I am sure some people (weirdos:D: ) think Tuxxon is nice).

Tempe is awesome, and I would love it if the Sox played there. That would give me an excuse to visit after my college days (which end in May:whiner: ). Actually, I should say Scottsdale is awesome...that is the place to be for nightlife.

Viva Medias B's
12-23-2004, 10:52 PM
If you are talking Nightlife and overall a much better city (in my opinion, I am sure some people (weirdos:D: ) think Tuxxon is nice).

Tempe is awesome, and I would love it if the Sox played there. That would give me an excuse to visit after my college days (which end in May:whiner: ). Actually, I should say Scottsdale is awesome...that is the place to be for nightlife.The only thing Scottsdale has for me is Taliesin West, still a major tourist attaction that was Frank Lloyd Wright's Arizona home and studio. Flying into Tucson International Airport is much easier than the pain in the arse Sky Harbor Airport in Phoenix is.

TDog
12-24-2004, 03:19 AM
Another Tucson vs. Phoenix debate!

Maybe someone should post a poll.

Really, you just have to fly into the cities to understand the difference. The airport experience is part of it, but look at the cities from the sky. It's worse, though, sitting in traffic on a 110-degree July day, at some lifeless intersection like 24th Street and Van Buren. Of course, because Phoenix is a flat stretch of concrete that goes on forever, it has more places to get drunk if that's what you want to do.

Realist
12-24-2004, 08:18 AM
3 or 4 Sox fans holding court at one of the bars in the Hotel Congress in Tucson can be a very very good time.

I found the Phoenix area to be boring to the point of nausea.

Arizona has a lotta cactuses. I hate cactuses. Whenever I see 'em, I think I'm watching a 6th grade health class slide show presentation of the Earth's veneral warts.