PDA

View Full Version : Moises "Moisture" Alou agrees to deal with Giants

ChiWhiteSox1337
12-22-2004, 09:13 PM
A report out of the Dominican Republic states that the Giants and Moises Alou have agreed to a two-year, $13.6 million contract.
After spending so much of the winter talking about upgrading his defense, GM Brian Sabean is really downgrading here. Alou would fit in nicely behind Barry Bonds in the lineup, but an outfield of Barry Bonds, Marquis Grissom and Alou is going to result in higher ERAs for the pitching staff.
www.rotoworld.com based on the report on ESPN Deportes website. http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/story?id=288601

The Giants are getting older with the acquistions of Omar and Alou.

Jabroni
12-22-2004, 09:17 PM
'Ol Pee-hands. :tongue:

Check out the ages of the Giants starting outfield...

LF Barry Bonds: 40
CF Marquis Grissom: 37
RF Moises Alou: 38
------------------------
Combined age of Giants' outfield = 115 years old :o:

:)

DumpJerry
12-22-2004, 09:17 PM
Well, be careful who you share your popcorn with at Giants' games.......

TheArmyOfNeems
12-22-2004, 09:18 PM
Well, be careful who you share your popcorn with at Giants' games.......
snap! zing! hey-ohh!

batmanZoSo
12-22-2004, 09:37 PM
'Ol Pee-hands. :tongue:

RF Moises Alou: 38
------------------------
Combined age of Giants' outfield = 115 years old :o:

:)
Rumor has it they've got their sights set on Jesse Barfield and Dave Winfield, too. :cool:

Nick@Nite
12-22-2004, 10:09 PM

RF Moises Alou: 38My knees & joints ache just looking at them... not to mention reaching for the Germ-X!

Foulke You
12-22-2004, 10:39 PM
I was hoping Moist Hands would sign with the Cubs again. Besides the surely entertaining future spats with the media, it would have all but assured Magglio not being a Cub. I still have this sinking feeling in my stomach that Maggs is going to sign with the Cubs. I can't see Hendry starting the season with Hollandsworth, Sosa, and Patterson as his outfield.

Viva Medias B's
12-22-2004, 11:06 PM
I was hoping Moist Hands would sign with the Cubs again. Besides the surely entertaining future spats with the media, it would have all but assured Magglio not being a Cub. I still have this sinking feeling in my stomach that Maggs is going to sign with the Cubs. I can't see Hendry starting the season with Hollandsworth, Sosa, and Patterson as his outfield.
Maggs = Fredo

wdelaney72
12-23-2004, 01:23 AM
Maggs = Fredo
Well said.

"You broke my heart, Fredo."

Kogs35
12-23-2004, 01:29 AM
now that man with the hard hands is batting behind bonds i guess he can protect him in the lineup now 1 way or another

MUsoxfan
12-23-2004, 03:18 AM
The Giants will have to have an accurate cut-off man. Moisture's arm stinks and the cut-off guy will probably be halfway to the outfield wall for Alou to make an accurate throw. Nice pickup Giants...

Jabroni
12-23-2004, 03:26 AM
The Giants will have to have an accurate cut-off man. Moisture's arm stinks and the cut-off guy will probably be halfway to the outfield wall for Alou to make an accurate throw. Nice pickup Giants...The idea of Piss-hands playing that wide-open RF in San Fran is making me laugh. :tongue:

MUsoxfan
12-23-2004, 03:28 AM
The idea of Piss-hands playing that wide-open RF in San Fran is making me laugh. :tongue:

The idea of him playing anywhere is making me laugh. I just look forward to his comical diving after fly balls and little league base running that made me enjoy watching him play so much last year

Jabroni
12-23-2004, 03:54 AM
The idea of him playing anywhere is making me laugh. I just look forward to his comical diving after fly balls and little league base running that made me enjoy watching him play so much last yearYep, I can't believe he didn't just go to the A.L. to be a DH. He fields like a little-leaguer. :tongue:

RKMeibalane
12-23-2004, 03:06 PM
Yep, I can't believe he didn't just go to the A.L. to be a DH. He fields like a little-leaguer. :tongue:Speaking of little league, remember that Felipe Alou is the Giants manager. No matter what Moises does, his father will give him playing time. And, as is the case with the steroetypical coach's son from sports cartoons and books, Moises' father is letting bat in the number four spot.

FarWestChicago
12-23-2004, 03:51 PM
And, as is the case with the steroetypical coach's son from sports cartoons and books, Moises' father is letting bat in the number four spot.Of course he's batting behind Bonds. The Gain'ts are always looking for somebody to put behind Bonds to force the occasional strike to be tossed his way. This has nothing to do with Felipe being his father.

kittle545feet
12-24-2004, 12:16 AM
Rumor has it they've got their sights set on Jesse Barfield and Dave Winfield, too. :cool: Great reference! I can't stop laughing!:rolling:

RKMeibalane
12-24-2004, 12:38 AM
Of course he's batting behind Bonds. The Gain'ts are always looking for somebody to put behind Bonds to force the occasional strike to be tossed his way. This has nothing to do with Felipe being his father.
I think I should have used teal for that part of the post. It was meant as a joke. :smile: