PDA

View Full Version : Damn Yankees

PaleHoseGeorge
10-16-2001, 06:45 AM
It was pretty sad watching the A's implode, but what other team besides the Yankees would have pulled out such a series? The A's didn't choke so much as the Yankees just wrestled it from them. Three wins in a row, the first two on the road.

For chokes, see Cubs, 1984.

GASHWOUND
10-16-2001, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
It was pretty sad watching the A's implode, but what other team besides the Yankees would have pulled out such a series? The A's didn't choke so much as the Yankees just wrestled it from them. Three wins in a row, the first two on the road.

For chokes, see Cubs, 1984.

Yawn... 5 hours of sleep. Ahh, a good night's rest.

I still think the A's chocked. Although its true that no other team could've pulled off winning this series down 0-2.
The A's were the better team, but those damn yanks seem to pull out miracles out thier hats. Thats why I wish they would make all rounds 7 games. I think you need 7 games to prove who really is the better team. The 'Toons almost made an example of why their should be a 7 game series. Thet could shorten the reg. season to 160 games.

Now I'm forced to cheer for the M's. Well, it could've been worse...What if it was the 'Toons VS Yanks!!!

YIKES!!!!!

harwar
10-16-2001, 09:36 AM
The injuries to Dye & Hernandez were death blows.Also Muldar & hudson needed one more day between starts.The damn yankees are like cockroaches,they always play night games and you just can't get rid of them.One thing is for sure,in this time of fear,unrest,& insecurity the one constant(like an old friend) is that the tribe will always blow it in the playoffs.

Paulwny
10-16-2001, 09:37 AM
This series is further proof that good pitching will stop good hitting and poor "D" loses games. They may not be that important in the regular season but you need both in the play-offs.

NUCatsFan
10-16-2001, 11:45 AM
I just hope that the Spank-mes don't win the series...then all we'll hear is how "this was meant to be in the wake of September 11th". I mean, ugh! It would make me think that the playoffs were scripted in a way. Next thing you know, the Yanks will come back from down 3-0 to the M's.

Nellie_Fox
10-16-2001, 12:56 PM
If the World Series turns out to be the Yanks and the Braves, I probably won't watch. I'm so sick of them.

FarWestChicago
10-16-2001, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
If the World Series turns out to be the Yanks and the Braves, I probably won't watch. I'm so sick of them. Some of us were just discussing this at work. A Yanks/Braves Series would be a nightmare. What a disgusting end to a baseball season!

Paulwny
10-16-2001, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
Some of us were just discussing this at work. A Yanks/Braves Series would be a nightmare. What a disgusting end to a baseball season!

It would be worse then last years subway that was only watched in NYC.

Kilroy
10-16-2001, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny
It would be worse then last years subway that was only watched in NYC.

Worse than Yanks/Braves would be Tribe/Braves. There'd be that damn chop and that frickin obnoxious drum all in the same game. I'd probably pull an "Elvis" on my TV! You know, aim pistol and fire...

The only series worse than that would be Cubs/anyone. I think I'd be physically ill...

Daver
10-16-2001, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Kilroy

Worse than Yanks/Braves would be Tribe/Braves. There'd be that damn chop and that frickin obnoxious drum all in the same game. I'd probably pull an "Elvis" on my TV! You know, aim pistol and fire...

I already took out a TV with an axe thanks to Steve Lyons,I am watching sparingly for the remainder.

doublem23
10-16-2001, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by Kilroy
The only series worse than that would be Cubs/anyone. I think I'd be physically ill...

Oh, God.... Thank God that this will be the last World Series I'd be in Chicago's North Side forever (hopefully). I'd probably have to bury myself in a sewer tunnel somewhere...