PDA

View Full Version : FOX Sports overview of the farm system

soxfan43
12-22-2004, 04:44 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/story/3269142

I like the sound of excellent pitching depth and good depth in the outfield. No big shock that they don't rate our infielders too high, considering willie and crede are the best to come from that category.

MRKARNO
12-22-2004, 04:49 PM
Good to see McCarthy ranked no. 1 and given his due props on some prospect list. I dont know why he doesnt get a lot of hype, but he's far and away the best prospect we have, pitching or otherwise.

Randar68
12-22-2004, 05:14 PM
Good to see McCarthy ranked no. 1 and given his due props on some prospect list. I dont know why he doesnt get a lot of hype, but he's far and away the best prospect we have, pitching or otherwise.
Anderson is more of a sure thing, but there's no chance he could ever become the equivalent of a #1, whereas if BMac continues to fill out and ends up sitting in the mid 90's consistently instead of low-90's, he most certainly has that potential...

I do rate BMac #1.

soxfan43
12-22-2004, 05:32 PM
whatever happened to durhams little brother, wasn't he a base stealing machine in the minors? or did he get a job just because of ray?

Randar68
12-22-2004, 05:33 PM
whatever happened to durhams little brother, wasn't he a base stealing machine in the minors? or did he get a job just because of ray?
C-level prospect Chad Durham. No longer in the Sox organization.

SoxxoS
12-22-2004, 05:58 PM
Anderson is more of a sure thing, but there's no chance he could ever become the equivalent of a #1, whereas if BMac continues to fill out and ends up sitting in the mid 90's consistently instead of low-90's, he most certainly has that potential...

I do rate BMac #1.
Wouldn't you say if Anderson can harness his 5 tools that he can become a super star? It seems like he has it all going for him.

Randar68
12-22-2004, 06:27 PM
Wouldn't you say if Anderson can harness his 5 tools that he can become a super star? It seems like he has it all going for him.
I think around 30 HR's is a reasonable ceiling. .300 hitter with 30 HR's? I don't think he's going to steal 30 bags or drive in 120 runs regularly that would take a .300-30 hitter to "star" status.

Carlos Lee with much better defense and arm? Production-wise that's about where I see him (tools and technique not similar)

If BMac continues to add a little to his fastball as he fills out, he has #1 potential. He already has #2 or #3 potential IMO if he stays in the 91-93 range. IMO, as we have seen, a #2 pitcher is more valuable than a Carlos Lee, so since we're talking ceilings, I still think BMac is ahead of Anderson, although I like them both a lot.

As for their talk of infielders? Fields at 3rd and Valido/Lopez at SS are legit prospects. IMO I still like Valido better overall, but if Lopez hits, his defense is outstanding, both are terrific fielders as well...

I like Rogo and have since he was in Rookie ball, but that's about it at 1B unless you want to dip way down into the Rookie leagues and look at Brandon Allen (very raw)

SoxxoS
12-22-2004, 07:01 PM
Carlos Lee with much better defense and arm? Production-wise that's about where I see him (tools and technique not similar)
Hopefully Anderson has Lee's borderline retarded baserunning skills.

NonetheLoaiza
12-22-2004, 09:28 PM
We certainly have optimism for the future, assuming Kenny doesn't go for broke one year. I honestly can't wait till I see some of these young guys come up and start mashing/pitching the ball well.

Fire Kenny
12-23-2004, 07:15 AM
I see they are ranked 17th now, back in 2000 they were ranked #1. Great job by Ron Shula. BTW Brandon McCarthy will be $$$$$ 20/1 K/bb ratio last year in the minors.

rdivaldi
12-23-2004, 10:22 AM
I see they are ranked 17th now, back in 2000 they were ranked #1. Great job by Ron Shula.
Ron Shula???

Not to mention that #1 ranking brought a grand total of what? 2 major league pitchers?

maurice
12-23-2004, 03:05 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/story/3269142
This dude's got a serious dislike for Ryan Sweeney. #7?!?

Fire Kenny
12-23-2004, 06:52 PM
Ron Shula???

Not to mention that #1 ranking brought a grand total of what? 2 major league pitchers?
Buehrle, Sirotka, Fogg, Wells, Foulke, Garland and for the offensive guys Lee, Mags, Durham, Rowand, Crede, Cameron, and the legendary Mike Caruso.

GREAT JOB RON SHULA!

StepsInSC
12-23-2004, 08:03 PM
Interesting to see Lumsden at #10. Is it a sign of his strength or a sign of the weakness of the farm system? Regardless, it's gotta be all due to his ambidexterity.