PDA

View Full Version : Are we finding extra cash somewhere?

A.T. Money
12-22-2004, 04:38 PM
Is it me, or does it seem like maybe Uncle Jerry tripped over a few bucks he buried for a rainy day?

I thought we were out of money, and the only way to acquire anymore players was via the trade.

I'm not complaining believe me. I've been one of the biggest critics of not spending like they should, but where is this mysterious money coming from?

fledgedrallycap
12-22-2004, 04:40 PM
don't get your hopes up....the Carlos Lee trade save over six mil, my man

soltrain21
12-22-2004, 04:41 PM
Well we had money from C. Lee's trade. I assumed that is what is going towards El Duque, and by the sounds of it...another middle infielder.

Jjav829
12-22-2004, 04:42 PM
No extra money. It's all from the Lee trade. We might get Cora or Eckstein, but that's probably going to be it.

duke of dorwood
12-22-2004, 04:42 PM
They have plenty of $. There is no salary cap in baseball.

:reinsy

I wear my salary cap to sleep at night

Jurr
12-22-2004, 04:44 PM
Well, according to people in the know, we freed up somewhere around 7 mil by dumping CLee and Schoeneweis. So, we are looking at a lot of that being swallowed up by El Duque (4 mil per), Uribe's signing, and Timo (a mil). I figure we could get another guy like an Eckstein, if they're willing to take a 2 mil per contract. I don't know if that's going to be enough if St. Louis gets in the hunt for Eck. However, I don't know why St. Louis is looking so hard at Eck, when a buddy of mine (Bo Hart) is being told by the organization to start taking a lot of time to get worked in a short. He told me that he was asked to work at short around 3 weeks ago. If you remember, Bo Hart came on around 2 years ago and lit the world up when he was called up from Memphis. With the signing of Womack, he went back to Memphis until the roster increased to 40.

They're really high on Bo, and I don't see Eckstein being a huge upgrade over Bo. Now, a guy like Julio Lugo makes more sense for St. Louis. He's probably better than Mr. Hart.

Jabroni
12-22-2004, 04:45 PM
:reinsy

I wear my salary cap to sleep at night:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

A.T. Money
12-22-2004, 04:54 PM
Yeah but since the Lee trade, we signed Uribe, Davis, and add El Duque. Add Eckstein, and won't that go over Lee's 6 million saved?

fledgedrallycap
12-22-2004, 04:55 PM
Well, according to people in the know, we freed up somewhere around 7 mil by dumping CLee and Schoeneweis. So, we are looking at a lot of that being swallowed up by El Duque (4 mil per), Uribe's signing, and Timo (a mil). I figure we could get another guy like an Eckstein, if they're willing to take a 2 mil per contract. I don't know if that's going to be enough if St. Louis gets in the hunt for Eck. However, I don't know why St. Louis is looking so hard at Eck, when a buddy of mine (Bo Hart) is being told by the organization to start taking a lot of time to get worked in a short. He told me that he was asked to work at short around 3 weeks ago. If you remember, Bo Hart came on around 2 years ago and lit the world up when he was called up from Memphis. With the signing of Womack, he went back to Memphis until the roster increased to 40.

They're really high on Bo, and I don't see Eckstein being a huge upgrade over Bo. Now, a guy like Julio Lugo makes more sense for St. Louis. He's probably better than Mr. Hart.
Uribe, Perez, Davis and Rowand were all taken into consideration even before the Lee trade...Bruce Levine was reporting the Sox had about 8 Million to play with after Lee was dealt.