PDA

View Full Version : Garland vs. Vazquez

MeanFish
12-22-2004, 02:16 AM
Is Garland really that terrible that we need to trade him and prospects for a more expensive pitcher who is coming off of a worse season?

Jabroni
12-22-2004, 02:17 AM
I don't think anyone truly knows the answer to this.

popilius
12-22-2004, 02:25 AM
No, I don't think Garland is "terrible," but he's been just so frustrating for us sometimes.

I think of the times I'm sitting in the stands- Garland's got a 3-hit shutout in the fifth- and then th other team inevitably scores 5 run somehow.

If he can learn to not give up that dreaded "one big inning," he'll be a very solid starter.

MeanFish
12-22-2004, 02:33 AM
No, I don't think Garland is "terrible," but he's been just so frustrating for us sometimes.

I think of the times I'm sitting in the stands- Garland's got a 3-hit shutout in the fifth- and then th other team inevitably scores 5 run somehow.

If he can learn to not give up that dreaded "one big inning," he'll be a very solid starter. This wasn't necessarily aimed at any one person in particular. It's just that there seems to be a split as to perceptions of Garland and Vazquez, so it seems like a logical point of discussion. Sometimes the argument is more informative than the bottom line. There IS no right answer - that's the beauty of it.

SpartanSoxFan
12-22-2004, 02:44 AM
Garland before 5th inning = Cy Young

Garland after 5th inning = Jeff Spicoli

http://www.fu-manchu.com/morbidaj/spicolititle-new.jpg