PDA

View Full Version : Dodgers land Drew.

soltrain21
12-22-2004, 01:02 AM
5 year deal. I hope he can stay healthy.

I seen this scroll at the bottom of ESPN, by the way.

Jabroni
12-22-2004, 01:04 AM
"Dodgers move quickly after killing Unit deal"
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1951346
The Los Angeles Dodgers quickly moved on in the hours after they withdrew from the proposed three-team Randy Johnson trade, agreeing in principle with free-agent outfielder J.D. Drew on a five-year, $55 million contract.And a "WAH-WAH!!!" to the Flubs! :tongue: It's pretty much Beltran or bust for them now.

MRKARNO
12-22-2004, 01:11 AM
If he's healthy he'll be worth every cent.

pearso66
12-22-2004, 01:23 AM
If he's healthy he'll be worth every cent.
The problem is he's never played a full season. Last year was his career high at 145, which if he can play that many every year, he'd still be worth it, but I don't put too much stock in him playing that much. I can only assume that this contract has incentives that kick in when he plays a certain amount of games. If not, the Dodgers overpaid

Jabroni
12-22-2004, 01:26 AM
The Flubs will probably be out of the running for Beltran now. They said they can't even attempt to sign Beltran without trading Sosa. With Drew getting this much money, imagine how much Beltran is going to get. They may actually have to take a flier on Maggs.

MRKARNO
12-22-2004, 01:26 AM
The problem is he's never played a full season. Last year was his career high at 145, which if he can play that many every year, he'd still be worth it, but I don't put too much stock in him playing that much. I can only assume that this contract has incentives that kick in when he plays a certain amount of games. If not, the Dodgers overpaid
He's probably a better health bet than Sexson

RKMeibalane
12-22-2004, 09:32 AM
He's probably a better health bet than Sexson
He is. There's no doubt in my mind that Drew could hit at least .300 next season. I actually think that the spacious dimensions of Dodger Stadium could help him, given that he's a line-drive hitter. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see him lead the league in doubles.

gosox41
12-22-2004, 09:36 AM
"Dodgers move quickly after killing Unit deal"
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1951346
And a "WAH-WAH!!!" to the Flubs! :tongue: It's pretty much Beltran or bust for them now.
Or Magglio.

Bob

wdelaney72
12-22-2004, 10:31 AM
Risky move. He's going to earn A LOT of money while sitting on the DL. If for some miracle he's able to stay healthy, he'll put up nice numbers.