PDA

View Full Version : Cincinnati Reds re-sign D'Angelo Jimenez...

Jabroni
12-21-2004, 04:38 PM
Reds | Jimenez Terms - from www.KFFL.com
Tue, 21 Dec 2004 13:28:49 -0800

The Associated Press reports Cincinnati Reds 2B D'Angelo Jimenez got a one-year, $2.87 million contract. :tongue:

RKMeibalane
12-21-2004, 05:23 PM
Start printing those World Series tickets. The Reds are going to the Fall Classic.

fquaye149
12-21-2004, 06:11 PM
:tongue:
and WE overpaid for ben davis and timo?

Foulke You
12-21-2004, 06:42 PM
No kidding! Wow, D'Angelo commands THAT kind of dough? The Reds are nuts.

bafiarocks03
12-21-2004, 07:02 PM
WOOOHOO!! GO MY LOVE!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY D'LO!!:bandance:

Erik The Red
12-21-2004, 08:40 PM
Why do you love so many crappy players?

Jabroni
12-21-2004, 08:59 PM
Why do you love so many crappy players?I don't think she remembers when Jimenez was playing 2B for us and he dropped a pop-fly and allowed 3 runs to score. :tongue: If only Jimenez could just DH for the Reds because he's not a bad hitter but he's a HORRIBLE fielder.

SomebodyToldMe
12-21-2004, 09:07 PM
I hear ya!

If Wille earned that much, I'd jump off a mountain.

Jabroni
12-21-2004, 09:12 PM
I hear ya!

If Wille earned that much, I'd jump off a mountain.Well honestly, Jimenez put up some good offensive numbers last season...

D'Angelo Jimenez (http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/team/player.jsp?player_id=150090)
.270 AVG
.364 OBP
12 HR
67 RBI
13 SB

We would have gladly taken that as our #2 hitter last season but he should only be paid half of that $2.87 million for his putrid glove.

MeanFish
12-22-2004, 01:26 AM
Well you see, Orlando Cabrera set the standard payscale for mediocre middle-infielders with his huge deal with the Angels.

Maybe that shouldn't be in teal....

Honestly though, I don't think that's overpaying for Jimenez when you consider what he means to that team. If you watch a Reds game, you can see pretty plainly that he's a fairly large part of what they're about.

OEO Magglio
12-22-2004, 02:28 AM
Well honestly, Jimenez put up some good offensive numbers last season...

D'Angelo Jimenez (http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/team/player.jsp?player_id=150090)
.270 AVG
.364 OBP
12 HR
67 RBI
13 SB

We would have gladly taken that as our #2 hitter last season but he should only be paid half of that $2.87 million for his putrid glove.
Jimenez absolutely sucks. Give me Willie Harris anyday of the week over D'angelo.

TornLabrum
12-22-2004, 07:09 AM
I don't think she remembers when Jimenez was playing 2B for us and he dropped a pop-fly and allowed 3 runs to score. :tongue: If only Jimenez could just DH for the Reds because he's not a bad hitter but he's a HORRIBLE fielder.
They'd have to have a mercy runner for him two once he hit the ball. The man doesn't have a clue on the basepaths.

CHISOXFAN13
12-22-2004, 11:33 AM
They'd have to have a mercy runner for him two once he hit the ball. The man doesn't have a clue on the basepaths.

I will never forget the baserunning blunder he made in Minny that cost the Sox a pivotal game.

Horrible.

bafiarocks03
12-22-2004, 01:15 PM
I don't think she remembers when Jimenez was playing 2B for us and he dropped a pop-fly and allowed 3 runs to score. :tongue: If only Jimenez could just DH for the Reds because he's not a bad hitter but he's a HORRIBLE fielder.
omg dude, I so remember that..wasn't it against oakland or something...but yea ok that was bad..that was also the day that Magglio lost the ball in the fog, and couldn't find it...but last season D'lo only had 7 Errors..that's not that bad!!

bafiarocks03
12-22-2004, 01:16 PM
Well you see, Orlando Cabrera set the standard payscale for mediocre middle-infielders with his huge deal with the Angels.

Honestly though, I don't think that's overpaying for Jimenez when you consider what he means to that team. If you watch a Reds game, you can see pretty plainly that he's a fairly large part of what they're about.

Thank you! ANd he is...HE's awesome! Except he does kinda strikeout a lot..but not that much!

Soxzilla
12-22-2004, 01:20 PM

Maybe thats why the reds and pirates are like two pigs fighting for a turd.

EDIT - Every season.

wdelaney72
12-22-2004, 11:57 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/wdelaney72/EdMcMahon.jpg "You Are Correct, Sir!"