PDA

View Full Version : How bad would this sound??

ukigdog
12-21-2004, 01:12 PM
How bad would it be if the white sox took this course of action??

1. Sox Sign Alex Cora

Remember back when KW said he will not deal with Boras, then Boras came out in interview and said that there is one player that would be a match with the white sox. I honestly think its Alex Cora. He probably saw the non-tender coming, and he is the one boras client the sox can get.

Source:
ALex Cora A whitesox? The Dodgers cut ties with another strong contributor to last season's playoff run, second baseman Alex Cora. Cora, who combined with shortstop Cesar Izturis to form perhaps baseball's best double-play combination, was not offered arbitration. The Dodgers attempted to trade him to a team that needed a starting second baseman but had no takers, probably because through arbitration Cora could double his $1.3-million salary. "This obviously was difficult," General Manager Paul DePodesta said. "We like Alex an awful lot." Instant Rumor: The Chicago White Sox are said to be very interested in Alex Cora. ChiSox coach Joey Cora is his brother.

2. Sox trade Marte, Willie Harris, Josh Stewart to Dodgers for Lefty prospect, Javier Vazquez.

Source:
Whitesox to spin Marte, Willie Harris, and Josh Stewert to Dodgers for Vazqez and Lefty Prospect who is ready fo MLB dont know his name.

Source BENMALLER.com

Take it for what its worth, but if this happens i think id be happy with our team for next year:

Lineup of : Podsednik, Uribe, Rowand, Thomas, Konerko, Dye, Pierzynski??, Cora, Crede

Rotation of: Vazquez, Garcia, Buehrle, Contraras, Garland

Bullpen of : Cotts, Lefty prospect from dodgers, Hermanson, Politte, Vizcaino, Shingo

Not bad of team, what you guys think?

DVsoxfan
12-21-2004, 01:24 PM
Git er done!

iftypofixit
12-21-2004, 01:30 PM
So that would leave us with Cotts/LEFTY from Dodgers as our leftys out of the pin?:o:

Sounds like a decent deal minus Damaso, replace him with someone else then I would say good deal.

hosieryofthegods
12-21-2004, 01:33 PM
Obviously we'd miss Marte. Doesn't sound too bad though. If we get Pierzynski, I would be happy with this. Don't want Ben Davis or Jamie Burke back there. I would say Marte is obviously the linch pin of this trade. He couldn't be taken out. They want another set up guy for Game Over.

wdelaney72
12-21-2004, 01:36 PM
There's another thread already discussing Cotts and Marte.

It seems many of us have a short memory. Marte sucked last year. While Cotts had a rough start and eventually pitched very well out of the pen.

I like the moves, but I'll believe it when I see it.

DumpJerry
12-21-2004, 01:39 PM
It seems many of us have a short memory. Marte sucked last year.Marte did not suck last year. Whenever he pitched day in and day out, he was good. Whenever he had a long (several days) layover between outings, he was rusty at first. If Marte sees action 4 days or so week, he's pretty darn good.

Ol' No. 2
12-21-2004, 01:42 PM
Marte did not suck last year. Whenever he pitched day in and day out, he was good. Whenever he had a long (several days) layover between outings, he was rusty at first. If Marte sees action 4 days or so week, he's pretty darn good.And for those with memory impairment, Marte was the most reliable arm in the pen in 2003. He had an off year in 2004, but to ignore his 2003 performance is myopic.

PorkChopExpress
12-21-2004, 01:45 PM
As I said in other threads, I don't want Cora, I want Eckstein. That being said, I could easily see the Sox settling for the lesser of the two and signing Cora. Cora may have had a good year last year, but his career numbers show that that production cannot always be expected.

Jjav829
12-21-2004, 01:46 PM
2. Sox trade Marte, Willie Harris, Josh Stewart to Dodgers for Lefty prospect, Javier Vazquez.

Source:
Whitesox to spin Marte, Willie Harris, and Josh Stewert to Dodgers for Vazqez and Lefty Prospect who is ready fo MLB dont know his name.

Source BENMALLER.com

Where did you find anything about Marte, Stewart, and Harris for Vazquez and a minor leaguer? I checked benmaller.com and saw nothing of the kind.

SOXSINCE'70
12-21-2004, 01:49 PM
And for those with memory impairment, Marte was the most reliable arm in the pen in 2003. He had an off year in 2004, but to ignore his 2003 performance is myopic.
Sadly,I still see Marte walking in the winning run in a 2-1 loss last
July 4th.And that was because Shingo couldn't get an out.:angry: :angry:

Ol' No. 2
12-21-2004, 01:53 PM
July 4th.And that was because Shingo couldn't get an out.:angry: :angry:And I can recall Shingo giving up a gopher ball in the 9th against the Twins. Mariano Rivera blew the save that lost the World Series. Stuff happens. You can't judge a player by one bad pitch.

Baines2Raines
12-21-2004, 01:53 PM
As I said in other threads, I don't want Cora, I want Eckstein. That being said, I could easily see the Sox settling for the lesser of the two and signing Cora. Cora may have had a good year last year, but his career numbers show that that production cannot always be expected.
Did you miss Eckstein's 2003 season after his career 2002 season? He's as inconsistent as anybody. Add to the fact he's getting older, is slowing down, not much range, and you have a player on the down side of his career.

LVSoxFan
12-21-2004, 01:54 PM
July 4th.And that was because Shingo couldn't get an out.:angry: :angry:
Hey, I was at that game in the bleachers, in my Sox jersey--one of the darkest days in my fandom history, if not definitely the darkest of last season.

To have to walk down Sheffield after that with all these drunken Cub fans waving brooms in my face... it cemented my hatred of them for the next century.

This season, revenge will be mine. Oh yes: it will be mine...

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Tragg
12-21-2004, 01:54 PM
Marte's a good lefty set up man

They can be had although good ones can be a little pricey.

Deal sounds okay; I will note that with that deal, the Sox continue to shed whatever obp we had, in respect, I suppose, to Guillen's career as a major league hitter

OEO Magglio
12-21-2004, 01:55 PM
Marte didn't suck last year. He had an off year for his standards but he still had a very solid year. I like both of these deals, it would hard to part with Damaso but I'd definitely do that deal. Also if the sox sign cora I'm pretty sure he'd bat 2nd, he had a .364 obp last year and would be a great fit in the 2 hole, imo.

OEO Magglio
12-21-2004, 01:56 PM
Marte's a good lefty set up man

They can be had although good ones can be a little pricey.

Deal sounds okay; I will note that with that deal, the Sox continue to shed whatever obp we had, in respect, I suppose, to Guillen's career as a major league hitter
:?: How would they be shedding obp??

mcfish
12-21-2004, 01:56 PM
So that would leave us with Cotts/LEFTY from Dodgers as our leftys out of the pin?:o:

Sounds like a decent deal minus Damaso, replace him with someone else then I would say good deal.I'd rather not have a lefty in the pen that have Cotts as the only lefty in the pen. Send him somewhere else so he can get better and possibly utilize all his potential rather than have him screwing up games for the White Sox.

Tragg
12-21-2004, 02:00 PM
:?: How would they be shedding obp??
Well, Willie had it last year; so did Lee, so did Maggs;

Our new lead-off hitter did not
The catcher everyone wants did not

I've heard williams and guillen utter a few murmers about "improving obp", but their actions speak far louder than words.

We'll see what happens

OEO Magglio
12-21-2004, 02:02 PM
Well, Willie had it last year; so did Lee, so did Maggs;

Our new lead-off hitter did not
The catcher everyone wants did not

I've heard williams and guillen utter a few murmers about "improving obp", but their actions speak far louder than words.

We'll see what happens
Well you said that these moves would shed obp but Cora had a better obp then willie, that's why I was confused but if you're saying as a whole, then I understand.

hosieryofthegods
12-21-2004, 02:06 PM
Not to mention going from Dodger stadium to the Cell, should help a Cora. Dodger dogs suck. Long live Cell Sausages.

jordan23ventura
12-21-2004, 03:07 PM
Source:

Source BENMALLER.com

This would probably be the most one-sided (in our favor) trade Kenny could make. A dominant reliever + 'potential' + career minor leaguer for one of the better young pitchers in the game AND a prospect? Does DePodesta think Willie is God or something? Or is this just a bad source...