PDA

View Full Version : Revised 13 Game plan has TWO Cubs games

JoseCanseco6969
12-21-2004, 12:49 PM
well maybe thanks to my bitching and others they have offered an additional cubs/sox game in the package...sorry if this is already posted

I know that you were dissatisfied with our new plans for next season, but maybe this offer would interest you…..

REVISED OZZIE 13-GAME PLAN

December 21, 2004 — Starting today, those who purchase the Ozzie 13-game plan will have the opportunity to buy an additional Cubs/Sox game in the upper box area, making their 13-game plan a 14-game plan. Besides the Spilt Season and Full Season plans, this is the ONLY way to attend TWO Cubs games at U.S. Cellular Field. Many fans enjoy going to this series the most so act fast in your decision.

For those fans that have already purchased the 13-game plan may still purchase the second Cubs game by contacting me at 312-674-5131.

This is a great chance for so many fans that enjoy watching the Sox win over the Cubs.

Have a great holiday season and keep supporting the White Sox!

Foulke You
12-21-2004, 12:52 PM
Methinks the Sox received quite a negative response to all their tricky restrictions on the ticket packages. This sounds a little better but you should be allowed to buy whatever friggin' tickets you want. I mean, you are buying 13 games worth! That's 25% of the home games.

JoseCanseco6969
12-21-2004, 12:55 PM
Methinks the Sox received quite a negative response to all their tricky restrictions on the ticket packages. This sounds a little better but you should be allowed to buy whatever friggin' tickets you want. I mean, you are buying 13 games worth! That's 25% of the home games.
i agree , and when i wrote them a nasty email when the tix plans came out, i recieved a call within 2 hours by a woman who told me my email would be posted on the office board for all the employees to see. I'm sure i wasnt the only one.
But this does make me more likely to get one.

Dadawg_77
12-21-2004, 01:02 PM
Also could be the Sox expect higher demand for the ticket packages and have not received that so there are more open tickets for the Cubs games available.

Mickster
12-21-2004, 01:03 PM
. I mean, you are buying 13 games worth! That's 25% of the home games.
More like 15%. :redneck

Brian26
12-21-2004, 01:05 PM

16.05% to be exact :smile:

Foulke You
12-21-2004, 01:07 PM
For some reason, I was thinking 41 home games like in basketball...man, time to get some coffee. The old brain ain't quite awake yet.:D:

OzzieBall2004
12-21-2004, 08:11 PM
Actually 17.2%, because in order to get it you need to buy the 14th game.

But hey, the worst your upper level seats are, the longer they will have been green for!!

dirty_k
12-22-2004, 11:46 AM
So they loosen the 13 game pacckage and tighten the group outing package. My letter says for a Sox / Cubs outing I now have to get together two other group outings! So much for this tradition.

duke of dorwood
12-22-2004, 11:55 AM
14 games, including inflated prices for Cub games. Out of my league

:reinsy

PAY PAY PAY PAY PAY

Tekijawa
01-07-2005, 11:09 AM
Just Picked up mine... I can't believe I just paid $32 a ticket for UD seats!!! Looking forward to using that post-season option too!

JoseCanseco6969
01-07-2005, 12:25 PM
Just Picked up mine... I can't believe I just paid $32 a ticket for UD seats!!! Looking forward to using that post-season option too! just got off the phone with the rep and finally ordered mine. The AJ signing gave me the kick in the ass to get my 14 game package.

I definately am not going to the red sox games though. I ordered the sat and sunday and plan on selling those tix. I am not putting myself through the horror that is sitting around those obnoxious fans of the Red Sox and Cubs combined. Last year was way too much for me.

$32 a ticket for UD is very steep I agree! But i paid $65 for a single ticket in the crappy UD last year at the urinal so I guess its not too bad. Plus that game I picked was the rainout game, so i didnt even see a full game.

SOXintheBURGH
01-07-2005, 01:05 PM
What happened last year during Carmine games?

ewokpelts
01-07-2005, 01:17 PM
well maybe thanks to my bitching and others they have offered an additional cubs/sox game in the package...sorry if this is already posted

I know that you were dissatisfied with our new plans for next season, but maybe this offer would interest you…..

REVISED OZZIE 13-GAME PLAN

December 21, 2004 — Starting today, those who purchase the Ozzie 13-game plan will have the opportunity to buy an additional Cubs/Sox game in the upper box area, making their 13-game plan a 14-game plan. Besides the Spilt Season and Full Season plans, this is the ONLY way to attend TWO Cubs games at U.S. Cellular Field. Many fans enjoy going to this series the most so act fast in your decision.

For those fans that have already purchased the 13-game plan may still purchase the second Cubs game by contacting me at 312-674-5131.

This is a great chance for so many fans that enjoy watching the Sox win over the Cubs.

Have a great holiday season and keep supporting the White Sox!talked to my rep weeks ago...he didnt say ANYTHING about a 14th game...just sent me an orderform
Gene

JoseCanseco6969
01-07-2005, 02:47 PM
What happened last year during Carmine games? Worst games ever! (with my best comic book guy voice).

I have never encountered fans of this nature in any state or at any sporting event in my entire life as the ones I did in two back to back days at the Cell against the Red Cubs.

The first game, I was in upper deck with a huge group, around 20 of us. There were a bunch of Cubs and Red Sox fans above us that yelled and taunted us the entire game. It made me feel I was at an away game or some type of outcast. Some of them threw stuff and ended up starting a fight with one of the guys in my party. Our Sox were getting torched the entire game as well which just gave them more ammo.

The next day, I had bleacher tickets with a friend of mine and similar things happened. You can imagine the enormous numbers of Red Sox fans and Cubs fans there. So many guys and girls with red sox hats and Cubs jerseys or visa versa. They were just as bad and we ended up moving to the lower reserved area mid game. Little did we know we would end up near even worse fans. There was a huge group of Red Sox fans from Boston that all had World Series Tour T-shirts on that said next victim or next stop US Cellular Field. These were the most annoying fans I've ever seen! They all screamed at almost every pitch and one guy had a huge Dominican flag that he held everytime Manny was up. He would run up and down the aisles screaming something in Spanish and getting in White Sox fans faces.

Nonetheless, I will not be attending any of the games against the Red Cubs!

rdivaldi
01-07-2005, 02:51 PM
Worst games ever! (with my best comic book guy voice).

I have never encountered fans of this nature in any state or at any sporting event in my entire life as the ones I did in two back to back days at the Cell against the Red Cubs.

The first game, I was in upper deck with a huge group, around 20 of us. There were a bunch of Cubs and Red Sox fans above us that yelled and taunted us the entire game. It made me feel I was at an away game or some type of outcast. Some of them threw stuff and ended up starting a fight with one of the guys in my party. Our Sox were getting torched the entire game as well which just gave them more ammo.

The next day, I had bleacher tickets with a friend of mine and similar things happened. You can imagine the enormous numbers of Red Sox fans and Cubs fans there. So many guys and girls with red sox hats and Cubs jerseys or visa versa. They were just as bad and we ended up moving to the lower reserved area mid game. Little did we know we would end up near even worse fans. There was a huge group of Red Sox fans from Boston that all had World Series Tour T-shirts on that said next victim or next stop US Cellular Field. These were the most annoying fans I've ever seen! They all screamed at almost every pitch and one guy had a huge Dominican flag that he held everytime Manny was up. He would run up and down the aisles screaming something in Spanish and getting in White Sox fans faces.

Nonetheless, I will not be attending any of the games against the Red Cubs!
Quite honestly, stuff like that makes me want to go to those games more. Not the fighting part, I hate it when fans fight at sporting events. But, you've gotta take a stand when fans like that come to your field. I had some colorful exchanges with Yankee fans last year....

JoseCanseco6969
01-07-2005, 03:03 PM
Quite honestly, stuff like that makes me want to go to those games more. Not the fighting part, I hate it when fans fight at sporting events. But, you've gotta take a stand when fans like that come to your field. I had some colorful exchanges with Yankee fans last year....
Dont get me wrong, I enjoy some bickering here and there, but this was out of control. I love yelling at other teams fans too, I do it all the time at Bears games. But sometimes, especially at a baseball game, I just like to sit back and enjoy the game without some moron in my ear or someone throwing crap. The yankee fans were much better than the Red Sox, more intelligent as well.

rdivaldi
01-07-2005, 03:15 PM
Dont get me wrong, I enjoy some bickering here and there, but this was out of control.
Yeah I hate it when it goes out of control. Swearing is one of my big pet peeves at the ballpark. Any buffoon can yell "f--- you", but it takes some intelligence to rip on someone while keeping it clean. One of my favorite heckling experiences was at a Yankees game right when Giambi signed that huge contract with them. In his every at bat I yelled that I would give him $10 to strike out because I heard that he could be bought off, or I would yell that I heard that he was being considered for Oakland's next mayor. Man I had some old Yankee fan five rows ahead of me all pissed off, telling me to shut up, etc. It was just too funny.