PDA

View Full Version : Pierzynski closer than we think???

ukigdog
12-21-2004, 01:26 AM
Rotoworld reports that white sox have non-tendered Ben Davis. This must mean something is up with AJ perhaps?? Also Alex Cora was non-tendered, we must try to get him. I think hes a stellar upgrade over Willie!

JoseCanseco6969
12-21-2004, 12:01 PM
I think hes a stellar upgrade over Willie!
I think any second baseman in the league would be an upgrade over wee willie. check that, i mean any infielder as well!

Jabroni
12-21-2004, 12:04 PM
http://rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.asp?sport=MLB&id=6109
Latest News Dec. 18, 2004 - 4:16 am et

The Orioles contacted A.J. Pierzynski, but he wasn't interested in becoming a part-time player.
Baltimore would have used Javy Lopez at first base at times to make room for Pierzynski. The Rays are also showing in the free agent.

Source: Baltimore Sun (http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/bal-sp.orioles18dec18,1,2247796.story?coll=bal-sports-headlines)Take a guess at which team Pierzynski could instantly start for. :whistle:

bennyw41
12-21-2004, 12:07 PM
Not only that, but he is a left handed bat that would really round out the end of the batting order. Hitting in a good hitters park will also help. I think it would be a really good move to sign him to a one year deal. He can start here, and if he is a problem in the clubhouse, Ozzie takes care of it. Forget all this bad attitude crap, AJ is way better than Davis. Period. Gitterdone.

Erik The Red
12-21-2004, 12:34 PM
ESPN Radio 1000 has been reporting all day that they are expecting the Sox to attempt to re-sign Davis.

DumpJerry
12-21-2004, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Latest News Dec. 18, 2004 - 4:16 am et

The Orioles contacted A.J. Pierzynski, but he wasn't interested in becoming a part-time player.
Baltimore would have used Javy Lopez at first base at times to make room for Pierzynski. The Rays are also showing in the free agent.

Source: Baltimore Sun (http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/bal-sp.orioles18dec18,1,2247796.story?coll=bal-sports-headlines)
Take a guess at which team Pierzynski could instantly start for. :whistle:
Hmmm....looks bad for us. So far this offseason whenever another team, ANY TEAM, talks with someone we are interested in, he signs elsewhere.....

SOXSINCE'70
12-21-2004, 12:45 PM
I think any second baseman in the league would be an upgrade over wee willie. check that, i mean any infielder as well!
FYI,the Halos let David Eckstein go after they signed Cabrera yesterday.

Things that make you go hmmmmmmm.:D: :D:

PorkChopExpress
12-21-2004, 12:49 PM
ESPN Radio 1000 has been reporting all day that they are expecting the Sox to attempt to re-sign Davis.
I see that more as a threat to Burke than to signing AJ. No matter how well Burke hit last year (or called games, I don't know where he stands there), he is a minor leaguer in the eyes of this organization, and a lot of the fans (not me).

Ol' No. 2
12-21-2004, 12:54 PM
I see that more as a threat to Burke than to signing AJ. No matter how well Burke hit last year (or called games, I don't know where he stands there), he is a minor leaguer in the eyes of this organization, and a lot of the fans (not me).Why would they be threatening Burke? And with what?

hosieryofthegods
12-21-2004, 12:58 PM
I'm not too sure if Burke should feel threatened by this or not. I would think most look at Davis as a backup. I know I do. Hell, they're both backups.

Jjav829
12-21-2004, 01:00 PM
I see that more as a threat to Burke than to signing AJ. No matter how well Burke hit last year (or called games, I don't know where he stands there), he is a minor leaguer in the eyes of this organization, and a lot of the fans (not me).
He's not a minor leaguer in the eyes of Mark Buehrle. I wouldn't underestimate the importance of that in the Sox decision of who should be the two catchers on the roster next year.

Jabroni
12-21-2004, 01:00 PM
I'm not too sure if Burke should feel threatened by this or not. I would think most look at Davis as a backup. I know I do. Hell, they're both backups.Agreed. Pierzynski and Davis would be a pretty good catching tandem though.

Ol' No. 2
12-21-2004, 01:05 PM
He's not a minor leaguer in the eyes of Mark Buehrle. I wouldn't underestimate the importance of that in the Sox decision of who should be the two catchers on the roster next year.Bingo. The #1 job of a catcher is to get the maximum out of the pitcher. It isn't for nothing that they had Sandy catching Buehrle at the start of the season. Solid D is second. Hitting is a bonus.