PDA

View Full Version : Turning over a new leaf with 2005 predictions

Sox Mobile
12-20-2004, 04:41 PM
For the last week Ive been getting teal and "the sky is falling" responses for some of my statements.

Namely, 1) I said pigs would fly before KW put out $$ for a FA pitcher. 2) I wondered why on earth a big name pitcher would drool over coming to the Sox, with the loss of our offensive numbers.

But my distractors have made me see the error in my evil, questioning, doubtful ways.

I now predict a record setting 2005 season!

The 1961 Phiillies own the record for the longest losing streak with 23 games. HA! Give me a break! We can make a mockery out of those Phils!

The 1988 O's lost their first 21 games of the season. Boo Hoo Baltimore, We are going to give you a real run for this one!

The 1908 White Sox own the record for the least HR's in a season with 3. We can set a MLB record and a new franchise record to boot! Granted, when Frank comes back, he will screw this one up for us.

I now realize it was foolish of me to even WONDER what direction our team is going! Of course KW has everyting under control!

GO SOX!!

MRKARNO
12-20-2004, 04:44 PM
:chickenlittle

Your comment on Odalis Perez earlier might have been grounded in some reality, but this thread is grounded in absurdity.

And by the way:

:threadsucks

Mickster
12-20-2004, 04:46 PM
:dtroll:

RKMeibalane
12-20-2004, 04:48 PM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/daver/darth.jpg

"I find your lack of faith disturbing."

Sox Mobile
12-20-2004, 04:49 PM
I knew I could count on a bird respponse! And I think you re right! so far this season, the sky IS falling!

Baby Fisk
12-20-2004, 04:49 PM
*throwing garbage*

RKMeibalane
12-20-2004, 04:51 PM
*throwing garbage*
I'm surprised you didn't react to one of the other posts in this thread, considering that "you know who" has returned to this site.

Baby Fisk
12-20-2004, 04:55 PM
I'm surprised you didn't react to one of the other posts in this thread, considering that "you know who" has returned to this site.
What can I add? The man says it all. :cool:

Rocky Soprano
12-20-2004, 05:05 PM
:threadblows:
:threadsucks

:dtroll:

MRKARNO
12-20-2004, 05:06 PM
This thread is so bad that I think I'll have another go of it:

:threadsucks :threadblows:
:threadblows: :threadsucks

Sox Mobile
12-20-2004, 05:15 PM
Truthfully, Im not going to follow this site any more, besides the commentaries on flyingsock. Although I appreciate being able to get late breaking news on here, the "kill or be killed" attitude of this site just isnt my style. Grew up with flower power I guess!

But too often I see new posters and others just lamblasted ( is that a word?) just for airing their opinions, or getting a stat or some other thing wrong.

I am hoping for the best for our team! regardless, it will baseball, the greatest game ever!

Have fun going for each others throats, GO SOX!!

HomeFish
12-20-2004, 05:25 PM
This thread only blows because the reality behind it blows even more.

MRKARNO
12-20-2004, 05:27 PM
Truthfully, Im not going to follow this site any more, besides the commentaries on flyingsock. Although I appreciate being able to get late breaking news on here, the "kill or be killed" attitude of this site just isnt my style. Grew up with flower power I guess!

But too often I see new posters and others just lamblasted ( is that a word?) just for airing their opinions, or getting a stat or some other thing wrong.

I am hoping for the best for our team! regardless, it will baseball, the greatest game ever!

Make a trollish statement, get a response a troll would get. The irrationality of your statement was just so evident. You're insane to insinuate that this team wont hit at least 10 homers next year. Absolutely nuts. And to think this team is so bad that we'll challenge those losing streaks is pretty foolish too. Arizona lost 110+ games last year and didnt come close to those streaks. This team will not lose 110 games, let alone 95.

Baby Fisk
12-20-2004, 05:27 PM

Have fun going for each others throats, GO SOX!!Wow, just wow.

In your opening post, you declare:

- the Sox will go on a record-breaking losing streak
- the Sox will open the season by losing at least their first 22 games
- the Sox will hit fewer than 3 HRs this season

You expect roses tossed at your feet? You post this crap, then you cry when you get lambasted? Get lost, flower power. :peace:

HomeFish
12-20-2004, 05:29 PM
Wow, just wow.

You expect roses tossed at your feet? You post this crap, then you cry when you get lambasted? Get lost, flower power. :peace:

His predicitions are liable to be more true than false; the Sox will come closer to a record losing streak than a record winning streak, the Sox will come closer to their worst historical start than to their best historical start, and they might even be subpar with the longball.

MRKARNO
12-20-2004, 05:30 PM
Wow, just wow.

That just about sums it up

Mickster
12-20-2004, 05:31 PM
His predicitions are liable to be more true than false; the Sox will come closer to a record losing streak than a record winning streak, the Sox will come closer to their worst historical start than to their best historical start, and they might even be subpar with the longball.Hey Homefish: :peace:

voodoochile
12-20-2004, 05:37 PM

You will be missed...

LVSoxFan
12-20-2004, 05:53 PM
The original post is over-the-top, but his point is taken. I don't necessarily think they'll be as bad as you say, SM, but I think the failure to secure a fifth starter (at least if last-chance Perez takes a pass) spells D-O-O-M.

And if it is going to be One of Those Years--again--I'll tell you what, I'm not so sure we're going to have a (meaningless) lock on second place again. I'm sure Cleveland's tired of swimming in our wake and they're going to do something about it. Even Detroit has nowhere to go but up.

But a test-it-in-the-lab Ozzyball offense without a fifth starter and with Garland as the wobbly fourth--and Contreras, the will-you-do-the-full-windup-already-dammit! headcase as 3rd, I don't think this is going to be a season anybody will ever want to suffer through all the way.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that KW has an ace up his sleeve, and not just his head up his ass...

owensmouth
12-20-2004, 06:00 PM
We all have to remember that the White Sox home games are played at US Cellular Field, a launching pad. Because of that simple fact, the Sox will have a few home run hitters.

The White Sox starters are the same ones we had in September of 2004, which means that the opposition will have more home runs.

While I doubt that we'll lose 23 consecutive games, I can realisticly see the White Sox enduring multiple 7 or 8 game losing streaks.

This team is headed for fourth place in the Central Division with a very real possibility of being the bottom feeder.