PDA

View Full Version : Uribe Becoming Overweight

DickAllen72
12-19-2004, 03:27 PM
Per Phil Rogers in today's Cubune:

"Juan Uribe, always big for a shortstop, has put on at least 10 pounds this winter, according to one person who has known him a long time. It will be a big deal if he shows up to White Sox spring training heavy."

:(:

samram
12-19-2004, 03:30 PM
Yeah, but it is December, and methinks he could drop that weight in two months.

Erik The Red
12-19-2004, 03:32 PM

"Juan Uribe, always big for a shortstop, has put on at least 10 pounds this winter, according to one person who has known him a long time. It will be a big deal if he shows up to White Sox spring training heavy." That's quite a feat, being that winter has yet to start.

batmanZoSo
12-19-2004, 03:43 PM
Yeah, but it is December, and methinks he could drop that weight in two months.
He could drop it in March. This is no big deal unless he continues like this and carries it into the season. And he is a big muscular guy for a shortstop, so I don't think he can carry any extra weight. I'm sure he's not the only one, though. Just show up ready to play, that's all that matters.

iwannago
12-19-2004, 03:45 PM
If this was true don't you think his new contract would never have gone through?

duke of dorwood
12-19-2004, 03:48 PM
He will likely gain more-

DaveIsHere
12-19-2004, 03:49 PM
I was at least happy to hear during the Bear's game the announcers at one point said the score was like a Houston Astro's and White Sox game: WE Finally have national recognition!!!!!

munchman33
12-19-2004, 03:54 PM
With all the talk of guys getting tiny because they're off steroids, its nice to see a guy gaining weight for a change.

SEALgep
12-19-2004, 03:54 PM
I was at least happy to hear during the Bear's game the announcers at one point said the score was like a Houston Astro's and White Sox game: WE Finally have national recognition!!!!!He said Cubs/Sox game, and at the time, it pissed me off.

Erik The Red
12-19-2004, 03:55 PM
He said Cubs/Sox game, and at the time, it pissed me off. A few minutes later, he mentioned the Astros and White Sox.

SEALgep
12-19-2004, 03:56 PM
A few minutes later, he mentioned the Astros and White Sox.Oh, I missed it. That's a little better, except we were getting our butts whooped (at least in terms to baseball scores) 7-2.

Jjav829
12-19-2004, 03:57 PM
He was pudgy to begin with. They need to get him on a treadmill.

Glad to see I wasn't the only one who took note of the announcer in the Bear game saying White Sox/Astros. :smile:

cleogogo
12-19-2004, 04:02 PM
I Believe he said the score resembled a houston/ white sox game.
i thought to myself, how many times have the astros played the white sox? duh!

Jabroni
12-19-2004, 04:30 PM
I was at least happy to hear during the Bear's game the announcers at one point said the score was like a Houston Astro's and White Sox game: WE Finally have national recognition!!!!!That was embarrassing. I think he was talking about interleague play.

ChiWhiteSox1337
12-19-2004, 04:33 PM
That was embarrassing. I think he was talking about interleague play. The Sox played an exhibition game back at Enron...er Minute Maid Park or whatever it's called now a few years ago vs the Astros. The sox won IIRC!

infohawk
12-19-2004, 04:50 PM
He said Cubs/Sox game, and at the time, it pissed me off.Yeah, and one of them kept referring to Chad Hutchinson as Chad Johnson. :rolleyes:

SEALgep
12-19-2004, 05:14 PM
Yeah, and one of them kept referring to Chad Hutchinson as Chad Johnson. :rolleyes:They really are morons.

Baines2Raines
12-19-2004, 09:39 PM

"Juan Uribe, always big for a shortstop, has put on at least 10 pounds this winter, according to one person who has known him a long time. It will be a big deal if he shows up to White Sox spring training heavy."

:(:
Typical reaction from so called White Sox fans. If the 10lbs were from a weight training program is that bad? Sometimes it's good to put on weight because a player will lose 10-15 during the course of the season. And it's only Dec. Who the hell cares?

DickAllen72
12-19-2004, 10:41 PM
Typical reaction from so called White Sox fans.

So called? :whatever:

Jurr
12-20-2004, 06:10 PM
He was pudgy to begin with. They need to get him on a treadmill.

Glad to see I wasn't the only one who took note of the announcer in the Bear game saying White Sox/Astros. :smile:
Normally, athletes will gain 10-20 pounds in an offseason for a number of reasons. First, they are doing their home workouts with a lot more intensity than during the season because they don't overdo anything while they're on a 162 game schedule. They're going to put on some added muscle and fat due to the fact they're on a building diet (lots of calories and protein).
When it gets close to spring training, they'll start doing a lot more cardio to get ready for the conditioning that gets heaped on them during S.T. That's when the pounds of fat get trimmed off.

Erik The Red
12-20-2004, 06:22 PM

"Juan Uribe, always big for a shortstop, has put on at least 10 pounds this winter, according to one person who has known him a long time. It will be a big deal if he shows up to White Sox spring training heavy." That's quite a feat, being that winter has yet to start. I guess I'm the only person to notice this.

SoxBoy14
12-20-2004, 07:05 PM
I was at least happy to hear during the Bear's game the announcers at one point said the score was like a Houston Astro's and White Sox game: WE Finally have national recognition!!!!!
Was he saying that the Astors would kill the Sox 24-3?

owensmouth
12-20-2004, 07:12 PM
Typical reaction from so called White Sox fans. If the 10lbs were from a weight training program is that bad? Sometimes it's good to put on weight because a player will lose 10-15 during the course of the season. And it's only Dec. Who the hell cares?
Yeah, and when he stops taking the steroids, the weight will come off.