PDA

View Full Version : Nice little Scott Podsednik article

OG4LIFE
12-19-2004, 01:58 PM
From everything i have heard out of this guy's mouth, i think we are most likely to see the 2003 podsednik, and personally, i'm pretty excited about it:

linky (http://bigleaguers.yahoo.com/mlbpa/news?slug=mlbpa-speedypodsednikexpectsqu&prov=mlbpa&type=news)

TheBull19
12-19-2004, 02:12 PM
If talking made you any good, I'd be halfway to the hall of fame by now.

BTW - Some guy on a Brewer site said he was "slightly better than Ronnie Milsap" in the outfield. I thought that was kind of funny.

batmanZoSo
12-19-2004, 03:51 PM
in 2003, Podsednik batted .314 with nine home runs, 58 RBI, 43 stolen bases and a solid .379 on-base percentage for the Milwaukee Brewers.
Now that would be awesome. Last year was probably just the old sophomore jinx. Too much pressure on himself to hit .300 again. Personally I would be happy with .270, 60 steals and a .340 on-base which would likely lead to 110 runs. He's just gotta use that speed and keep choppin that ball on the ground. Either it goes through the hole or he beats it out. Then do some damage on the base paths. It's been a long, long time since we had a devastating base runner like that. Probably have to go back to 83 or so. Durham was good for 30 in his prime, but never had the instincts to be a terror. I look forward to watching him play.