PDA

View Full Version : How Many Guys Left From 2000 Roster?

Brian26
12-19-2004, 11:24 AM
Just looking at the 2000 Sox roster, there are only 5 guys left that played on that team (now that Jose, Mags, and CLee are gone):

Frank
PK
Buehrle
Garland
Crede (only played 6 games at the end of the season)

Whitesox029
12-19-2004, 07:48 PM
Just looking at the 2000 Sox roster, there are only 5 guys left that played on that team (now that Jose, Mags, and CLee are gone):

Frank
PK
Buehrle
Garland
Crede (only played 6 games at the end of the season)Did A-row have a stint after the clinch?

popilius
12-19-2004, 08:06 PM
No, Rowand had his major league debut in 2001.

Also, Harold Baines (now a bench coach) played in 24 games in 2001.

Kelly Wunsch also just left.

popilius
12-19-2004, 08:08 PM
I meant to say that Baines played 24 games in 2000. . . :redface:

infohawk
12-20-2004, 10:26 AM
No, Rowand had his major league debut in 2001.

Also, Harold Baines (now a bench coach) played in 24 games in 2001.

Kelly Wunsch also just left.It was reported that Kelly Wunsch agreed to a minor league deal with the White Sox. The report spawned a thread several days ago.

oldcomiskey
12-20-2004, 05:31 PM
but Harold is no longer the bench coach

munchman33
12-20-2004, 05:53 PM
It was reported that Kelly Wunsch agreed to a minor league deal with the White Sox. The report spawned a thread several days ago.
It was also reported he agreed to a deal with the Dodgers. And there's a thread about that. Anyone ever figure out exactly where Kelly Wunsch is?

popilius
12-20-2004, 06:20 PM
I think Baines is still the bench coach- but I can't clarify this anywhere. His name is still listed on the official site. He originally said that he would not be back, but I remember reading that Guillen talked him into staying, and that Baines' duties would extend into outfielder instruction.

Also, according to MLB.com, Wunsch is not on any team.

http://www.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/searchPlayerSearchServlet

Foulke You
12-20-2004, 06:31 PM
I think Baines is still the bench coach- but I can't clarify this anywhere. His name is still listed on the official site. He originally said that he would not be back, but I remember reading that Guillen talked him into staying, and that Baines' duties would extend into outfielder instruction.

http://www.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/searchPlayerSearchServlet
I believe Bobby Bonilla replaced Baines as bench coach for the White Sox. However, you may be right about Baines staying on as a roving outfield instructor in the organization.

DaleJRFan
12-20-2004, 11:01 PM

Also says: Current Status: Non-roster invitee

could this mean someone signed him to a minor league deal and invited him to ST?? Hopefully the Sox.

Mickster
12-20-2004, 11:15 PM
[/color]

Also says: Current Status: Non-roster invitee

could this mean someone signed him to a minor league deal and invited him to ST?? Hopefully the Sox.
LA Dodgers.

Palehose13
12-20-2004, 11:31 PM
I believe Bobby Bonilla replaced Baines as bench coach for the White Sox. However, you may be right about Baines staying on as a roving outfield instructor in the organization.
That thread was BS.

Banix12
12-22-2004, 12:14 AM
I think the disturbing thing about that 2000 season team isn't that there are only five left. It's how many of the players really are inconsequential these days. Herb Perry is still a decent 3b but hasn't done as well as that year. Singleton hasn't really lived up to that first year. Valentin's average plummets ever further while homers still fly. In the bullpen I genuinely miss both Foulke and Howry and they still are really good, but others have pretty much disappeared. Neither Mark Johnson and Josh Paul really do much in the majors and Charles Johnson just became an overpaid weight on Colorado.

I think most disturbing is the starting rotation from that year. If you had told me then that Cal Eldred would still be pitching in 2005 but Sirotka and Baldwin would out of the league and Parque would just be hanging on with lousy teams getting rocked to the tune of 8.00 ERA's I would have said you were insane