PDA

View Full Version : The Lineup

bigredrudy
12-18-2004, 10:54 PM
Posts about the lineup for 2005 seem to me to be all wrong. When you have a premier basestealer like Scott S leading off you must have a lefthanded hitter hitting behind him so that the view of the catcher is blocked. Last year Billy Counsell hit behind Scott S and, of course, he bats lefthanded. Thus it has to be Willie Harris hitting in the 2 hole. Rowand and Uribe hit righthanded and besides, are very impatient hitters.Harris, in addition to hitting lefthanded is a more patient hitter. Certainly I would have Harris in the 2 hole against righthanders. And, for me, Rowand would hit third. After that it would be Konerko Everett Dye Uribe Crede and Davis. I am assuming that Carl will open the season as the DH.

nodiggity59
12-18-2004, 11:02 PM
Posts about the lineup for 2005 seem to me to be all wrong. When you have a premier basestealer like Scott S leading off you must have a lefthanded hitter hitting behind him so that the view of the catcher is blocked. Last year Billy Counsell hit behind Scott S and, of course, he bats lefthanded. Thus it has to be Willie Harris hitting in the 2 hole. Rowand and Uribe hit righthanded and besides, are very impatient hitters.Harris, in addition to hitting lefthanded is a more patient hitter. Certainly I would have Harris in the 2 hole against righthanders. And, for me, Rowand would hit third. After that it would be Konerko Everett Dye Uribe Crede and Davis. I am assuming that Carl will open the season as the DH.
Not a bad idea. It's dependent on Harris improving though.

soltrain21
12-18-2004, 11:02 PM
Willie in the two hole? Guh....

When Pods is on base they will not be throwing a lot of breaking stuff and off speed stuff, which is where Rowand will fit in nicely. He can hit a fast ball a long ways.

MRKARNO
12-18-2004, 11:07 PM
Lineup I would like to see:

Podsednik
Rowand
Thomas
Konerko
Dye
Uribe
Crede
Burke
Harris

Lineup I expect to see:

Podsednik
Uribe
Thomas
Konerko
Dye
Rowand
Crede
Davis
Harris

chisoxmike
12-18-2004, 11:16 PM
Lineup I would like to see:

Podsednik
Rowand
Thomas
Konerko
Dye
Uribe
Crede
Burke
Harris

Lineup I expect to see:

Podsednik
Uribe
Thomas
Konerko
Dye
Rowand
Crede
Davis
HarrisRowand is a great and ideal #2 hitter and Uribe would be ideal for #6. MRKARNO, I agree with your lineup top to bottom, but I know Ozzie has other plans, and will be changing it a lot.:cuss:

Kizzy08
12-18-2004, 11:23 PM
Having Willie bat second isn't that bad of an idea. He is a pretty decent contact hitter and like the first post said, he is a lefty and will be a big help to Pods getting to steal more bases. On top of that, I find it pretty hard to find a much better hit and run duo. I don't see any way of doubling them up in that kind of situation. Plus, Willie will also get more pitches to hit with Pods on first.

I think we should start the season like that and see what happens. It was the same kind of situation when we had Lofton and Durham. We started out on fire and those two were studs up there hitting 1-2.

Rocklive99
12-18-2004, 11:38 PM
Do we have any other lefties? All I can think of is Timo and he prob won't be starting that much.

Champs2004
12-19-2004, 01:35 AM
Why Not Uribe as a #2 and Rowand as # 3 and everyone else follow in succession

1. Podsednik
2. Uribe
3. Rowand
4. Thomas/Everett
5. Dye
6. Konerko
7. Crede
8. Davis/Burke
9. Harris

MeanFish
12-19-2004, 01:56 AM
Do we have any other lefties? All I can think of is Timo and he prob won't be starting that much. We've got this guy named Ross Gload...:tongue:

Edit - Also, Ben Davis is a switch hitter, so some days he might be worth a look in the #2 spot as well, if he can put together some regular good performance on offense. (improbable, but not impossible.)

I guess it depends on how important having a lefty in the #2 hole is.