PDA

View Full Version : Big Bat FA's

jordan23ventura
12-18-2004, 06:51 AM
If KW is seriously considering trading Paul Konerko, there had better be some type of offense to make up for that production. There is one problem though: there are only FOUR guys left on the free agent market who even have a chance at doing that.

Carlos Beltran
Carlos Delagdo
Jeromy Burnitz
JD Drew

Three of these guys are outfielders as well. We already have three starting outfielders and a fourth to fill in as a DH. If Paulie goes, his production would have to come from the infield somewhere but only Delgado can play in the infield! The sad thing is that even if he were to land Beltran we would have no room for him or else be forced to try and trade Pods for Soriano or something.

Please... DO NOT TRADE PAULIE!!!!

beck72
12-18-2004, 08:21 AM
A bat could probably be found from those non-tendered on Monday. A guy who can platoon at 1B with Gload, and bat vs LHP. The FA's out there are not good fits for the Sox.

rwcescato
12-18-2004, 09:13 AM
A bat could probably be found from those non-tendered on Monday. A guy who can platoon at 1B with Gload, and bat vs LHP. The FA's out there are not good fits for the Sox.
I can't see them trading Paulie. They would have no offense left.
It could be Sweeny or Marte or combo of similar players.
If Marte is traded then no lefthander if left in the pen.
It doesn't make much sense.
Rich

munchman33
12-18-2004, 12:22 PM
Well, if we're not signing another pitcher or trading for one, I'd try to trade Paulie straight up for Soriano. Then I'd look at signing Delgado.

But getting a fifth starter should be number one.