PDA

View Full Version : Clemens' beanball -- OUCH

cheeses_h_rice
10-15-2001, 10:22 PM
That looked very, very painful.

And I halfway expected the umps to say it hit Tejada's bat first, and not give him the base...will wonders never cease.

FarWestChicago
10-15-2001, 10:24 PM
I like the DH rule, but Clemens is the best argument I have seen against it.

Spiff
10-15-2001, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice

And I halfway expected the umps to say it hit Tejada's bat first, and not give him the base...will wonders never cease.

They wouldn't have even warned him, even though that was the second pitch around his head. Clemens is a certified a**hole.

GASHWOUND
10-15-2001, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice

Of course Clemens will say he's trying to be aggressive and pitch "In"

They just showed Giambi and Tejada arguing. I guess he was upset Tajada didn't go to 3rd on Giambi's basehit.

cheeses_h_rice
10-15-2001, 10:41 PM
Giambi has a point, but Tejada got no guidance from the third base coach, and couldn't see where the right fielder was throwing the ball. Holding up at 2nd was a conservative move, but probably the right one without having all the info at hand. It's too bad he did hold up at 2nd, because he could have scored on that sac fly to right, and we'd be tied 4-4.

Daver
10-15-2001, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
I like the DH rule, but Clemens is the best argument I have seen against it.

Nolan Ryan taught him well.

WinningUgly!
10-15-2001, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by daver

Nolan Ryan taught him well.

Ah, remember the time Robin Ventura made Nolan Ryan pay for hitting him? Ventura went with the seldom used technique of repeatedly ramming the top of his head against the fist of ole Nolan. I think Robin needs to teach Clemmens that same lesson!

OfficerKarkovice
10-15-2001, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!

Ah, remember the time Robin Ventura made Nolan Ryan pay for hitting him? Ventura went with the seldom used technique of repeatedly ramming the top of his head against the fist of ole Nolan. I think Robin needs to teach Clemmens that same lesson!

That was without a doubt the funniest thing i have ever seen in a baseball game. Nolan just had him in the big headlock like he was wrestiling a damn steer. Just pounding and pounding away and the funny thing was that everyone else just stared in amasement before doing anything. If anyone can find a pic of that it should definately be a tag.

WinningUgly!
10-15-2001, 11:13 PM
Here ya go.....

:nolanventura

WinningUgly!
10-15-2001, 11:18 PM
This one's a little better!

Sorry West, last one!

:nolanventura

OfficerKarkovice
10-16-2001, 12:25 AM
That is some funny funny stuff...I had a good chuckle when i saw it again.