PDA

View Full Version : Bring Back Graff!

NowBatting19
12-18-2004, 02:23 AM
I don't know about you all, but I for one would love to see Graffanino back with the Sox if he wasn't too costly in a trade. I think he fills the utility role we need and along with Valdez, I think we would be fine. Honestly, I have no idea what we would have to give up for him, but compared to what's available on the free agent list the money and his versatility makes sense to me. Doubt this is even a thought, but it was on my mind. What's the word around here?

Jabroni
12-18-2004, 02:29 AM
I still like Graff but he's not worth trading for. He was injured all last season and will earn $1.1 million from the Royals next season...

http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/story/6923896

I'd rather see what Valdez can do in the utility role.

Chicago83
12-18-2004, 03:43 AM
Considering we just gave Timo 1 million I think Graff is worth it.

Jabroni
12-18-2004, 03:57 AM
Considering we just gave Timo 1 million I think Graff is worth it.Maybe he's worth the money but he's not worth the prospect we'd have to trade for him. I'd rather see what Uribe and Willie can do playing everyday.

NowBatting19
12-18-2004, 01:14 PM
I agree, I want Willie and Uribe playing everyday, I just like Graff b/c he can play all the infield positions and even emergency catch if needed. If it meant a couple mid-level prospects for him, I would be alright with it. (Just lowball some offers for him)

CHISOXFAN13
12-18-2004, 01:39 PM
I agree, I want Willie and Uribe playing everyday, I just like Graff b/c he can play all the infield positions and even emergency catch if needed. If it meant a couple mid-level prospects for him, I would be alright with it. (Just lowball some offers for him)\

Um, the bench is pretty much set with Gload, Valdez, Everett, Timo and Burke. If the Sox were to acquire Graffanino, who would be the odd-man out?

It just doesn't make sense.

Chicago83
12-18-2004, 03:24 PM
Maybe he's worth the money but he's not worth the prospect we'd have to trade for him. I'd rather see what Uribe and Willie can do playing everyday.
True.

HomeFish
12-18-2004, 03:39 PM
I never did make that "Greedy Graffanino" sign with the nickels, dimes, and quarters on it. He got injured before the Sox and Royals started playing each other again.

Maybe this year.