PDA

View Full Version : Blinded by Reality

kittle545feet
12-18-2004, 12:19 AM
Merry Christmas everyone. I, like most Sox fans, was hoping to get an early Christmas present but sadly, I have watched every other team that is really concerned about winning sign these presents. I guess it really hit me when I read the headlines on the Sox homepage "Sox Get Posednic" (sp?) and " Borchard Confident About 2005". That really says it all, doesn't it? I am really down about this team and I, like many of you, have decided not to get tickets for the upcoming year. Right about this time of the year I start getting pumped for spring training, but this year, the Sox are an after-thought. I foolishly believed that we might actually sign somebody who would make the team better than last year, but I was wrong. I know there are a few players left but none that I would jump up and down about. Oh well. Seriously, a very Merry Christmas to all you Sox fans and I hope for a better year for all of us. God Bless!

FightingBillini
12-18-2004, 12:27 AM
I disagree with you about Podsednik. He will be great for us. I guarantee his performance will be a lot closer to 2003 than this year. We gave up an All Star caliber player, but it saved us money. A team that considers itself contending would only make a money saving move if they were going to spend it somewhere else. If KW signs Odalis Perez, it was a great trade. If not, it was bad to break even, and Jerry Reinsdorf is excrement.

OK, Reinsdorf is excrement regardless.

GiveMeSox
12-18-2004, 12:42 AM
Merry Christmas everyone. I, like most Sox fans, was hoping to get an early Christmas present but sadly, I have watched every other team that is really concerned about winning sign these presents. I guess it really hit me when I read the headlines on the Sox homepage "Sox Get Posednic" (sp?) and " Borchard Confident About 2005". That really says it all, doesn't it? I am really down about this team and I, like many of you, have decided not to get tickets for the upcoming year. Right about this time of the year I start getting pumped for spring training, but this year, the Sox are an after-thought. I foolishly believed that we might actually sign somebody who would make the team better than last year, but I was wrong. I know there are a few players left but none that I would jump up and down about. Oh well. Seriously, a very Merry Christmas to all you Sox fans and I hope for a better year for all of us. God Bless!
Dont you mean happy hanakah as well.

ilsox7
12-18-2004, 12:47 AM
I just want to wake up on opening day and see who is on our team and start playing. All of this crap the last 2 weeks has made me sick.

kittle545feet
12-18-2004, 12:48 AM
Dont you mean happy hanakah as well. Absolutely! To all the Jewish Sox fans, except Jerry, Happy Hanakah!:smile:

CubsfansareDRUNK
12-18-2004, 01:19 AM
Absolutely! To all the Jewish Sox fans, except Jerry, Happy Hanakah!:smile:
Happy Chrismahanakwanza!

Nellie_Fox
12-18-2004, 03:16 AM
Happy Chrismahanakwanza!Hanaramakwansmas. You forgot Ramadan.

voodoochile
12-18-2004, 09:20 AM
Hanaramakwansmas. You forgot Ramadan.
What about Festivus?

fquaye149
12-18-2004, 09:37 AM
What about Festivus?
let everyone else celebrate Hanaramakwansmas. festivus is for the restivus

voodoochile
12-18-2004, 09:48 AM
let everyone else celebrate Hanaramakwansmas. festivus is for the restivus
Okay, now what should a Bokonist celebrate? I find myself wondering having recently converted...:wink:

robertks61
12-18-2004, 09:55 AM
What about Festivus?
Feats of strength with JR?

Jjav829
12-18-2004, 10:59 AM
Feats of strength with JR?
Sounds good. We definitely need an airing of the grievances with JR and KW.

fquaye149
12-18-2004, 11:39 AM
Okay, now what should a Bokonist celebrate? I find myself wondering having recently converted...:wink:
footplay. lots of footplay

voodoochile
12-18-2004, 11:51 AM
footplay. lots of footplay
Yes, boku-maru for all my friends.

Pay no attention to Caesar.
Caesar has no idea what is really going on.

Champs2004
12-18-2004, 11:55 AM
Maybe all of this is meant to happen. Maybe its a blessing in disguise. I for one am sick of losing and waiting for a World Championship on the South Side, but i'm just gonna stop bitching and complaining about it and just let it ride out. Do any of us have anything to lose by doing this?

kittle545feet
12-18-2004, 02:09 PM
Maybe your right Champs, but it is still hard to accept. They have time to make a bad situation a little better but I don't see anyone out there who can vastly improve this team to the point where I am saying look out everybody! Right now, we will lose the division to the Twins or Indians and finish in 3rd. Man, I hope I am wrong. :sahaf "On behalf of Kenny and Jerry, I would like to say we like the team the way it is and we will win! How about some season tickets?"

DaleJRFan
12-18-2004, 04:25 PM
Happy Chrismahanakwanza!
What about those of us who celebrate Festivus! (for the restivus) :?:

DaleJRFan
12-18-2004, 04:31 PM
What about Festivus?
damn, voodoo... you beat me to it!

Can we start a new thread for Airing of Grievances?? ...and at SoxFest, we can pin KW for Feats of Strength!!!

:)

Daver
12-18-2004, 04:34 PM
Yes, boku-maru for all my friends.

Pay no attention to Caesar.
Caesar has no idea what is really going on.
Foma.

:)

whitesoxwilkes
12-18-2004, 04:38 PM
Foma.

:) L O ******* L!

Took a second, but that's a classic, Daver.

voodoochile
12-18-2004, 06:38 PM
WSI the grandest of the Granfaloons...:D:

whitesoxwilkes
12-18-2004, 07:09 PM
WSI the grandest of the Granfaloons...:D:
Lay off the Vonnegut already!

:bandance:

Hokiesox
12-18-2004, 07:57 PM
Who would have picked the Marlins in 2003 3 months before the season started? Look, the last 4 years have not given the results we want, so KW is trying to go in a different direction. I like it, and let's give it a shot for a year or two.

serena
12-18-2004, 09:51 PM
Maybe all of this is meant to happen. Maybe its a blessing in disguise. I for one am sick of losing and waiting for a World Championship on the South Side, but i'm just gonna stop bitching and complaining about it and just let it ride out. Do any of us have anything to lose by doing this?
But sometimes bitching and complaining distract me from what I'm bitching and complaining about! :D:

Daver
12-18-2004, 10:17 PM
Lay off the Vonnegut already!

:bandance:
The wampeter has yet to hit the rotary oscillator.