PDA

View Full Version : Please no more pictures of people in White Sox unis before they're here

MRKARNO
12-17-2004, 09:37 PM
Can we all agree to this? It's one thing to speculate. It's another to indulge in these fantasies that are beyond reality and dont serve anything except to get our hopes up for a likely failure. They've gotten way out of control it seems lately.

santo=dorf
12-17-2004, 09:40 PM
But it's so fun!!!

I'm 0 for 5 so far. :(:

:LTP
"That's still better than me."

DaleJRFan
12-17-2004, 09:41 PM
Can we all agree to this? It's one thing to speculate. It's another to indulge in these fantasies that are beyond reality and dont serve anything except to get our hopes up for a likely failure. They've gotten way out of control it seems lately.
I'll bet Clement came on here and said "Damn these Sox fans.. I'll show them!" then went to sign with the Red Sox. Give me a break....

HomeFish
12-17-2004, 09:43 PM
Since we're banning unsubstantiated rumors (as we should), this seems like the next logical step.

MRKARNO
12-17-2004, 09:43 PM
I'll bet Clement came on here and said "Damn these Sox fans.. I'll show them!" then went to sign with the Red Sox. Give me a break....
That has nothing to do with it. It's just really disheartening when people continually put up pictures of players in Sox garb that are not under contract with the organization and then they dont end up coming here and the people who made the pics look like fools. Remember all of those pictures with A-Rod in the Red Sox hat? How pathetic do they look now? Pretty darn pathetic.

Palehose13
12-17-2004, 09:46 PM
All it's done is make me want photoshop. :D:

MeanFish
12-17-2004, 09:47 PM
http://www.gimp.org

That paint program is pretty powerful, and cheap too (free.)

santo=dorf
12-17-2004, 09:48 PM
That has nothing to do with it. It's just really disheartening when people continually put up pictures of players in Sox garb that are not under contract with the organization and then they dont end up coming here and the people who made the pics look like fools. Remember all of those pictures with A-Rod in the Red Sox hat? How pathetic do they look now? Pretty darn pathetic.Yeah they sure look pathetic with their World Series rings!!!

I thought you were joking at first but now for some reason you're acting like this is a serious issuse that WSI and its posters should address.

*****!

:threadsucks

soltrain21
12-17-2004, 09:49 PM
Man, and I just finished my Dwight Gooden masterpiece!

MRKARNO
12-17-2004, 09:51 PM
Yeah they sure look pathetic with their World Series rings!!!

I thought you were joking at first but now for some reason you're acting like this is a serious issuse that WSI and its posters should address.

It's one thing when one person is doing it, but it looks like it's becoming a trend. I cant tell you how silly all of those Clement pictures with White Sox hats look now. Coming onto this site you woulda thunk that we actually signed him. I think it's about on par with the unreliable rumors, but that's just my opinion.

Frank the Tank
12-17-2004, 10:36 PM
While we are at it, let's quit attaching large pictures to all our posts. I'm sick of sorting through ten pages of posts for every thread because the pictures are taking up all the space.

Jurr
12-17-2004, 10:42 PM
How about we just chill with the stupidity. If someone wants to make a damn picture of a player with a Chisox hat on, let 'em! Who cares?

"Waaaah.....you made me get too excited, and now I'm upset."

Puhhhhlease. I'm hoping that the fans we have (who I still wholeheartedly believe are some of the best in baseball) are above this kind of silliness.

lths06
12-17-2004, 10:51 PM
As an inventor for a product, you know your product has been an enormous success when it becomes a commonly used verb :tongue:

MRKARNO
12-17-2004, 10:56 PM
How about we just chill with the stupidity. If someone wants to make a damn picture of a player with a Chisox hat on, let 'em! Who cares?

"Waaaah.....you made me get too excited, and now I'm upset."

Puhhhhlease. I'm hoping that the fans we have (who I still wholeheartedly believe are some of the best in baseball) are above this kind of silliness.
I guess there are worse things...

But Frank is right, the picture sizes are getting out of hand. I dont have a problem with the 5 square inch pictures as they add to the personality of the site, but some of them are quite big and make reading people's comments difficult.

santo=dorf
12-17-2004, 11:00 PM
While we are at it, let's quit attaching large pictures to all our posts. I'm sick of sorting through ten pages of posts for every thread because the pictures are taking up all the space.What are you talking about? If you don't like seeing pictures in a post, why don't you post at whitesox.com or at ESPN.com instead? :?:

:shoeless
:shower
:corker

batmanZoSo
12-17-2004, 11:00 PM
As an inventor for a product, you know your product has been an enormous success when it becomes a commonly used verb :tongue:
Look like a noun to me. Had she said "makes me want to photoshop," then it would've been a verb. :D:

::runs away quickly::

SomebodyToldMe
12-17-2004, 11:10 PM
Awwww...But I wanted the SOX to sign this guy.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v283/deputy_of_reno/me.jpg

Wait...That's me.

Palehose13
12-18-2004, 11:28 AM
I guess there are worse things...

But Frank is right, the picture sizes are getting out of hand. I dont have a problem with the 5 square inch pictures as they add to the personality of the site, but some of them are quite big and make reading people's comments difficult.
I tried to make mine smaller, but I guess I am "image-challenged". :(:

Ortegels
12-19-2004, 10:55 AM
:whiner:

TheBull19
12-19-2004, 04:21 PM
I've got an idea, how about everyone stop posting any idea, thought, argument, viewpoint, statistical analysis or image of any kind, that way we won't have to worry about anyone getting disheartened, offended or sick and tired of it.

Jerome
12-19-2004, 04:43 PM
I wished I made a Podsednik Pic a week ago.