PDA

View Full Version : "Borchard confident about 2005"

MRKARNO
12-17-2004, 06:28 PM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/news/cws_news.jsp?ymd=20041217&content_id=923825&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp

Well that makes one person!:smile:

WHarris13
12-17-2004, 06:29 PM
"Borchard confident about 2005"

Alright Joe, put down the bong...

NonetheLoaiza
12-17-2004, 06:33 PM
Borchard confident of 2005, because KW told him so.

Jurr
12-17-2004, 06:34 PM
I was about to post this, but I was too busy laughing my rear end off. Oh my God, is this kid clueless! I understand that it takes time for some guys to grow up and become big league players. But, this guy????? He's TERRIBLE!

Uribe's Weed
12-17-2004, 06:36 PM
He's Drew Henson times 10. I prefer Escobar over him in the depth chart at this point.

OurBitchinMinny
12-17-2004, 06:38 PM
How can he not be confident after getting cut from the mexican league? Thats some high quality of play over there and he held his own for at least a week

MRKARNO
12-17-2004, 06:40 PM
Hey maybe he'll hit .250 this year......in Charlotte!

Borchard had his chance and he blew it. We're not going to be needing his services anytime soon. You think he'd win an outfield job over Brian Anderson in 2006? Or even Ryan Sweeney for that matter? No chance in hell. Time to cut him loose, if he becomes everything that he would have been able to become, so be it, but I think he has a brighter future on an NFL roster than on a major league roster.

Erik The Red
12-17-2004, 06:48 PM
Maybe he can challenge Drew Henson for the job in Dallas.

SoxxoS
12-17-2004, 06:51 PM
:bong:

Mohoney
12-17-2004, 07:07 PM
:bong:

How does the bong get involved in all of this?

I would be willing to bet that AT LEAST 75% of the White Sox fans that are total potheads don't agree with Borchard's comments here.

If the suggestion here is that Borchard is the one hitting the bong, I would argue that he has to be an addict of a more severe substance (see: Crackhead) to make these statements.

RKMeibalane
12-17-2004, 07:14 PM
I'm confident, too. I'm confident that Joe Borchard will suck in 2005.

MRKARNO
12-17-2004, 07:25 PM
I'm confident, too. I'm confident that Joe Borchard will suck in 2005.
I was just about to say that. There is sooooo much to work with here (and I'm referring to Joe's comments and not his talent).

California Sox
12-17-2004, 07:58 PM
I guess I'm just a softie at heart. I didn't laugh at his comments, they made me sad. He seems like a nice guy. Of course, Kevin Bell seemed nice too.

Chrisaway
12-17-2004, 08:01 PM
Hey Billy Koch was a nice guy too. Didn't really make any of us hold back though.

Baines2Raines
12-18-2004, 01:19 AM
Just brilliant. So do you want Joe to say. "I'm terrible." "I can't play baseball."
Can't believe some of you call yourself White Sox fans. I'd bet most of you would complain if you found $100 that the bills were too dirty.

Jabroni
12-18-2004, 01:23 AM
Just brilliant. So do you want Joe to say. "I'm terrible." "I can't play baseball."
Can't believe some of you call yourself White Sox fans. I'd bet most of you would complain if you found $100 that the bills were too dirty.Are we supposed to just cheer Borchard on like lemmings and hope he somehow hits over .180?

stl_sox_fan
12-18-2004, 10:45 AM
To paraphrase The Holy Grail....ahem....

Borchard to KW.....
"When I first came here, all I had was a swamp. Everyone said I was daft to build my season on a swamp, but I built it all the same, just to show them. My season sank into the swamp. So I had a second season. That sank into the swamp. So I had a third season. That burned down, fell over, then sank into the swamp. But the fourth season stayed up. And that's what you're going to get, KW, the strongest season in all of the majors..... in 2007....."

SoxxoS
12-18-2004, 10:51 AM
Can't believe some of you call yourself White Sox fans. I'd bet most of you would complain if you found $100 that the bills were too dirty.

Baines2Raines
12-18-2004, 11:31 AM
YASI

RKMeibalane
12-18-2004, 11:49 AM
I don't want Borchard to say that he sucks. I want him to show improvement as a baseball player. He hasn't been able to do that since he first came to the big leagues in 2002. Ever since then, he's been back-and-forth between Chicago and Charlotte, largely because he isn't good enough to play at the Major League level.

When Borchard starts hitting above .250, then we'll talk. Until then, I would prefer that Joe say abosolutely nothing and focus on getting better.

soxfan26
12-18-2004, 12:16 PM
To paraphrase The Holy Grail....ahem....

Borchard to KW.....
"When I first came here, all I had was a swamp. Everyone said I was daft to build my season on a swamp, but I built it all the same, just to show them. My season sank into the swamp. So I had a second season. That sank into the swamp. So I had a third season. That burned down, fell over, then sank into the swamp. But the fourth season stayed up. And that's what you're going to get, KW, the strongest season in all of the majors..... in 2007....."
Nice work, thanks for the laugh! :gulp:

kittle545feet
12-18-2004, 01:26 PM
Here's an idea..... Why doesn't Borchard just shut up? Why is anyone going to this guy for any comments on his outlook for the season? Why not ask him about getting cut from the Mexican League, which by the way, my crippled cousin hit .283 in last year.It must be slow in the world of White Sox when we seek comment from someone who in 5 years will be the Bears third string QB. Man, I am just kidding. That would be awful. Anyways, the long homer will be the pinnacle of his career and the only thing we can talk about when we wonder aloud, "What ever happend to Joe Borchard?" This guy is Rob Deer!:thud:

pearso66
12-18-2004, 02:27 PM
I would complain about a dirty $100, I want clean money, dirty money has no value

JackParkman
12-18-2004, 11:42 PM
Here's an idea..... Why doesn't Borchard just shut up? Why is anyone going to this guy for any comments on his outlook for the season? Why not ask him about getting cut from the Mexican League, which by the way, my crippled cousin hit .283 in last year.It must be slow in the world of White Sox when we seek comment from someone who in 5 years will be the Bears third string QB. Man, I am just kidding. That would be awful. Anyways, the long homer will be the pinnacle of his career and the only thing we can talk about when we wonder aloud, "What ever happend to Joe Borchard?" This guy is Rob Deer!:thud:
Hmmm ... maybe because the guy from MLB.com called him and asked for an interview?
Sheesh, lay off the kid. Obviously he hasn't lived up to expectations, but the vitriol around here is the kind of stuff usually reserved for child molesters and Twins. I daresay he's accomplished more athletically in his life than anyone whose ever posted on this board.
But if ripping the kid makes you feel better, have at it.

soltrain21
12-19-2004, 12:15 AM
I daresay he's accomplished more athletically in his life than anyone whose ever posted on this board.

We aren't getting paid millions for it, are we? As PAYING fans we have every right to critisize him. I bet he works hard, and I bet he trys his hardest, but he isn't good, and he doesn't belong on the majour league level.

chisox06
12-19-2004, 12:37 AM
I daresay he's accomplished more athletically in his life than anyone whose ever posted on this board.
But if ripping the kid makes you feel better, have at it.Man you gotta be kidding. Awwww the poor athlete! ya know your right, I mean after all Joe doesnt come to my job and yell at me when I screw up. He had his chance and failed miserably. Reality check, these guys get paid A TON of money to play a game for their life, and when your a professional athlete you are opened to the scrutiny involved within it, from the media, from the fans, from everyone. Joe blew it, I dont hate the guy, But after reading his comments, it's just not believable considering this guy just got cut from the Mexican League.

And hey I hope Joe comes back and proves me wrong. But I am not willing to give him that chance in a Sox uni, just realize hes a bad investment and cut your losses.

ChiSox14305635
12-19-2004, 01:50 AM
I still think Borchard can still realize his potential with the Sox. I remember last offseason when 2 of every 3 Sox fans wanted Konerko gone, ASAP. Trade him for a bag of balls & a half eaten churro. Now if we trade him, there's gonna be some value behind that deal. Give Borchard a chance, for crying out loud. If he stinks up the joint in 2005, then send him on his way. At least he knows he didn't live up to any expectations and is battling for his place on this team. Give him a chance to prove everybody wrong.

Also, for those who give me the "Konerko was an established hitter before his 2003 slump" spiel, keep in mind, alot of people wanted him gone because the thought was he had a degenerative knee condition that was worsening. It was get rid of him while you can get anything in value. My, how a year makes a difference. :rolleyes:

Baines2Raines
12-19-2004, 02:29 AM
Hmmm ... maybe because the guy from MLB.com called him and asked for an interview?
Sheesh, lay off the kid. Obviously he hasn't lived up to expectations, but the vitriol around here is the kind of stuff usually reserved for child molesters and Twins. I daresay he's accomplished more athletically in his life than anyone whose ever posted on this board.
But if ripping the kid makes you feel better, have at it.
Thank you!!! What a great post. I mean, do people actually think that any of the players call a reporter or TV station and say put me on TV. As I've said before, I can't believe some of these posters call themselves White Sox fans.

Another thought, if people are going to be jerks at SoxFest, I think the White Sox will stop having SoxFest???

Jabroni
12-19-2004, 02:49 AM
I think the title of this article was cut off.

"Borchard confident about 2005... with the Charlotte Knights."

:)

jabrch
12-19-2004, 03:27 AM
While I have no more faith that Joe will be a serviceable everyday OF for us next year, based on anything we have seen from him yet, I gotta give him his props where due. I was one of the 6000 people at the game vs Philly on a Monday afternoon, the rescheduled game from the rainout, where he hit the BOMB onto the RF concourse. That was a mamouth a shot as I had seen in person since some of the rooftop bombs at Old Comiskey.

That said, if he can't get his average up to a decent level, he's of no use to us.

batmanZoSo
12-19-2004, 03:39 AM

That last line is irrelevant. Dare I say Joe Borchard is thee?

Jabroni
12-19-2004, 03:49 AM
While I have no more faith that Joe will be a serviceable everyday OF for us next year, based on anything we have seen from him yet, I gotta give him his props where due. I was one of the 6000 people at the game vs Philly on a Monday afternoon, the rescheduled game from the rainout, where he hit the BOMB onto the RF concourse. That was a mamouth a shot as I had seen in person since some of the rooftop bombs at Old Comiskey.

That said, if he can't get his average up to a decent level, he's of no use to us.I was watching the game that day. I was very impressed... and then I quickly realized that very infrequent, massive power is all Borchie has going for him. :whiner:

Jabroni
12-19-2004, 03:51 AM
That last line is irrelevant. Dare I say Joe Borchard is thee?JackParkman = Mrs. Borchard :tongue:

Chrisaway
12-19-2004, 03:55 AM
Ha remember the "MVP" chants for good ol Royce Clayton?

"These are professional athletes, they are used to this sorta thing."-Bart Simpson

*sob*-Darryl Strawberry