PDA

View Full Version : CNNSI.COM hotstove power rankings

Dice
12-17-2004, 06:48 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/writers/jacob_luft/12/17/hot.stove/index.html?cnn=yes

They currently have us ranked 12th.

Some of the notables we are ahead of:
Cubs - 22
Cards - 16
Astros - 18

SoxFan76
12-17-2004, 06:55 PM
That is the most ridiculous list I've ever seen. Why are the Brew Crew, Mariners, and D-Backs so high? Not to mention the Sox. I mean on paper, they don't look like a strong team, yet they are ranked 12th.

Jabroni
12-17-2004, 06:57 PM
Haha, look at the Steve Stone quote they have about Sosa...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/writers/jacob_luft/12/17/hot.stove/index.html?cnn=yesFormer broadcaster Steve Stone on ESPN about the Sammy Sosa situation: "If you create Frankenstein, you can't be real surprised if he eats the village." So if Sosa is Frankenstein, who plays Igor the humpbacked assistant?

FarWestChicago
12-17-2004, 07:02 PM
So if Sosa is Frankenstein, who plays Igor the humpbacked assistant?:moron

Why is everybody looking at me?

santo=dorf
12-17-2004, 07:04 PM
:moron

Why is everybody looking at me?
Who was Sosa's Lackey that was banned from the clubhouse, Julian Martinez? You know, the one who provided him with steroids. :D:

FarWestChicago
12-17-2004, 07:05 PM
Who was Sosa's Lackey that was banned from the clubhouse, Julian Martinez? You know, the one who provided him with steroids. :D:I don't remember his name. That's why I picked his lackey from the media. http://www.flyingsock.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

NonetheLoaiza
12-17-2004, 07:07 PM
Zambrano...every time that guy celebrates, he looks like an idiot.

Jurr
12-17-2004, 07:14 PM
I do like what they said about Radke. Getting him re-signed at 9 M per was enormous. That guy, over the years, has absolutely been phenomenal, and could've gotten a whole lot more money if he would've waited around a little longer. I have nothing but respect for Radke, and I think the Twins got him at a bargain.

Hokiesox
12-17-2004, 10:13 PM
this is the frightening part:

Seattle
They overpaid for Richie Sexson (four years, $50 million), and got a bargain with Adrian Beltre (five years, $64 million). Together, they might help Seattle contend for third place in baseball's toughest division. At least the M's -- who are usually too stingy to make midseason pickups -- are acting like a high-revenue club for a change.

SouthSide_HitMen
12-17-2004, 10:35 PM
That is the most ridiculous list I've ever seen. Why are the Brew Crew, Mariners, and D-Backs so high? Not to mention the Sox. I mean on paper, they don't look like a strong team, yet they are ranked 12th.
This list ranks what each team has done so far this off season.

The Brewers are so high because they got Jose Cappellan and Carlos Lee for basically nothing.

The Mariners signed Beltre (very good) and Sexson (overpriced / too many years).

I don't know why the Diamondbacks are ranked high - their signings were stupid.

The Cubs did nothing to date (outside of Nomar).