PDA

View Full Version : Eduardo Villacis released by Sox from 40

MarkyBear
12-17-2004, 02:58 PM
White Sox designated RHP Eduardo Villacis for assignment.
Villacis was claimed off waivers from the Royals in May. It's surprising that he remained on the 40-man roster for as long as he did. Dec. 17 - 2:56 pm et

LINK (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/home_mlb.asp?sport=MLB)

Maybe a precursor to another move???

MRKARNO
12-17-2004, 03:00 PM
That's dissapointing because I thought he had a chance of doing something, but the Royals are getting back at the White Sox for taking him somewhat unexpectedly last year.

MarkyBear
12-17-2004, 03:03 PM
This may be why he was released and I see someone already posted this info in another thread, but again:

White Sox claimed RHP Bobby Jenks off waivers from the Angels.
The White Sox don't have a lot to lose by taking a chance on Jenks, but it's not a move that figures to pay off in 2005. Jenks will miss the start of the season after surgery to repair a stress reaction in his elbow. Dec. 17 - 2:58 pm et

Same link as above...

Tekijawa
12-17-2004, 03:06 PM
And we Claim Bobby Jenks From the Angels... anyone know anything about him?

They also have us looking to extend a contract with Timo... How many Outfielders do we need? That would give us everett, dye, rowand, perez and borchard... not to mention that about half of our top prospects are OF's. OOps and Podsednik

MarkyBear
12-17-2004, 03:10 PM
I'm sure Borchard will not be on the big league roster next year barring any major injury..

Tragg
12-17-2004, 03:35 PM
I hope we tendered the minimum to Timo and that we cut him in the spring unless he miraculously learns how to ht.

SEALgep
12-17-2004, 03:44 PM
I'm assuming the roster spot is going to Bobby Jenks who the Sox claimed from the Angels. Everyone remember, the kid on ESPN who had a drug problem but can throw 100+. Supposedly he's doing better and should be ready by ST, for a minor league spot in AAA most likely.

EDIT- OOps, already has a thread on him. :redneck

Jabroni
12-17-2004, 03:46 PM
I hope we tendered the minimum to Timo and that we cut him in the spring unless he miraculously learns how to ht.The thing about Timo is that he can't be an everyday starter because he can't hit well consistently. But he makes a perfect lefty bat / 4th outfielder off the bench because he hits so well with runners in scoring position and has a good glove and arm.

DaleJRFan
12-17-2004, 04:47 PM
I hope we tendered the minimum to Timo and that we cut him in the spring unless he miraculously learns how to ht.
You are nuts. Timo hits 330 against right handed pitching and comes up BIG in clutch situations. If he could hit more than 170 against left handed pitching, he'd be an everyday player.