PDA

View Full Version : Need Help - 1990 White Sox Varsity Jacket

Rush20
12-17-2004, 11:52 AM
Hi. Does anyone know if they still manufacture the Black Wool/Black Leather Sleeves Varsity SOX jacket the originally debuted I think in 1990-1991 when the SOX moved into New Comiskey.

A friend of mine bought the jacket and I really liked it however decided to wait....and look what happened.

The jacket was black on black with the Sox script logo in the front and a the White Sox diamond that covered the entire back.

I don't know the official "name" of the jacket, however I'm curious if anyone has seen it still on the market.

Thanks!:smile:

Brian26
12-17-2004, 12:09 PM
Hi. Does anyone know if they still manufacture the Black Wool/Black Leather Sleeves Varsity SOX jacket the originally debuted I think in 1990-1991 when the SOX moved into New Comiskey.

A friend of mine bought the jacket and I really liked it however decided to wait....and look what happened.

The jacket was black on black with the Sox script logo in the front and a the White Sox diamond that covered the entire back.

I don't know the official "name" of the jacket, however I'm curious if anyone has seen it still on the market.

That was a great coat. I remember seeing it around every so often, and it looked super slick. I saw someone wearing one about a year ago. I highly doubt any stores still carry it. Your best bet is to keep a sharp eye glued to Ebay. One is bound to show up sooner or later.

Iwritecode
12-17-2004, 12:44 PM

They were at Soxfest just last year. I would love to have one but I just couldn't afford it.

I got the exact same jacket (without the Sox logos) for about $50 at Wal-Mart a few years ago.

mrwag
12-17-2004, 01:14 PM
I remember Delong made the coat. It sold for $275 at the time I believe. I rememberm because I was 16 at the time and could not afford it. It was an awsome jacket, however.

steff
12-17-2004, 01:34 PM
They were at Soxfest just last year. I would love to have one but I just couldn't afford it.

I got the exact same jacket (without the Sox logos) for about $50 at Wal-Mart a few years ago.
I thought the ones at the fest were the blue/white (same style though) to represent the 83 season..?

I tried to get Hawk to loan me his.. :wink:

Kogs35
12-17-2004, 01:36 PM
try e-bay?

Iwritecode
12-17-2004, 01:59 PM
I thought the ones at the fest were the blue/white (same style though) to represent the 83 season..?

I tried to get Hawk to loan me his.. :wink:

I don't remember which booth it was but I do remember seeing one or two all black ones with leather sleeves.

BTW, I just checked EBAY and there are a couple on there for $119.

Not a bad price...

Just search for leather chicago white sox jacket.

Rush20
12-17-2004, 02:09 PM
Thanks for the feeback. I have checked E-bay and although there are some leather jackets and some varsity jackets, I have not seen the exact jacket I'm looking for as detailed above.

The defining characteristic of this jacket is the large White Sox diamond that is stitched on the back of the jacket. It's a great coat! I'm hoping one will pop up or I can locate a dealer that still has them.

The Sox have had various black on black versions over the years, however nothing that matched the original in my opinion.

steff
12-17-2004, 04:09 PM
I don't remember which booth it was but I do remember seeing one or two all black ones with leather sleeves.

BTW, I just checked EBAY and there are a couple on there for $119.

Not a bad price...

Just search for leather chicago white sox jacket.

Ahhh.. I was thinking about the ones Hawk & Co were wearing at Friday's Q&A. I think those were special made. BTW.. anyone seen those Tommy Bahama Sox shirts..? I wanted to get Jim a few for Christmas and I can't find them anywhere..