PDA

View Full Version : 3:00 Game 1 Starts Suck

Viva Magglio
10-15-2001, 09:54 PM
Both Game 1 of the NLCS and Game 1 of the ALCS are starting at 3:00 in the afternoon. Why is Fox doing this? Have they banished these first games to the afternoon so that they can inflict their crappy prime time line up upon America at least on Tuesday night?

Spiff
10-15-2001, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
Both Game 1 of the NLCS and Game 1 of the ALCS are starting at 3:00 in the afternoon. Why is Fox doing this? Have they banished these first games to the afternoon so that they can inflict their crappy prime time line up upon America at least on Tuesday night?

I think they finally got tired of people (I can hear Lupica in my ear right now, as a matter of fact) whining about kids on the Right Coast staying up til 1am to watch the playoffs.

GASHWOUND
10-15-2001, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!

Yes, they most inflict

Hey, yu don't want to watch Love Cruise:The Maiden Voyage??? :)

Bmr31
10-16-2001, 02:24 AM
Originally posted by Wh1teSox00

I think they finally got tired of people (I can hear Lupica in my ear right now, as a matter of fact) whining about kids on the Right Coast staying up til 1am to watch the playoffs.

UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, so instead they want the kids on the west coast to skip school? You may want to re-think that logic?

Spiff
10-16-2001, 06:21 AM
Originally posted by Bmr31

UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, so instead they want the kids on the west coast to skip school? You may want to re-think that logic?

UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, I'm not the one who made the schedule. Why the hell else would they do it? Good ratings from the target audience while they're at work?

Bmr31
10-16-2001, 03:29 PM

UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, I'm not the one who made the schedule. Why the hell else would they do it? Good ratings from the target audience while they're at work?

Good question. Your suggestion just didnt make any sense.

Spiff
10-16-2001, 04:20 PM

Good question. Your suggestion just didnt make any sense.

No I think it still makes sense. All you hear nowadays is people complaining that these games are ending too late and nobody can stay up to watch them that has to work or go to school the next day unless they want minimal sleep.

Bmr31
10-16-2001, 08:36 PM

No I think it still makes sense. All you hear nowadays is people complaining that these games are ending too late and nobody can stay up to watch them that has to work or go to school the next day unless they want minimal sleep.

okay my bad you meant the east coast kids, i thought you meant the west coast kids. That does makes sense. Sorry.....

doublem23
10-16-2001, 11:40 PM

Hey? What's wrong with skipping a few days of school for the baseball play-offs? I bolted school last year for the ALDS games against Seattle.

And then there was last year's Home Opener at Comiskey, and then my Sox fan friends and I watched Opening Day at the sports bar against Cleveland, and then this years Home Opener against Detroit...

Damn.... This is why I'm going to college in St. Louis. I doubt I can skip this much of college... And they better win me something soon! I'm not getting this stupid for a reason!