PDA

View Full Version : Millar wants no platoon with Mientkiewicz...

Jabroni
12-17-2004, 03:40 AM
Red Sox | Millar Wants No Platoon - from www.KFFL.com (http://www.kffl.com/)
Fri, 17 Dec 2004 01:16:34 -0800

The Boston Globe's Nick Cafardo reports Boston Red Sox 1B Kevin Millar does not want to platoon with 1B Doug Mientkiewicz, as the former replacement player believes he has done enough to win the job outright. "Can't have us both back," said Millar. "I've already expressed that to (GM) Theo Epstein and he knows that. You're not going to spend that much money and have two guys sitting part of the time. I'm not going to platoon behind Doug Mientkiewicz, to be honest with you.".....

DMarte708
12-17-2004, 06:41 AM
This is from the player considered the heart of Boston's clubhouse. :rolleyes:

gosox41
12-17-2004, 08:21 AM
I'd like to have Millar on the Sox and trade PK.

Bob

RKMeibalane
12-17-2004, 05:00 PM
I'd like to have Millar on the Sox and trade PK.

Bob
That's actually not a bad idea. If trading Konerko could guarantee the Sox another starting pitcher, I wouldn't have a problem picking up Millar as his replacement.

batmanZoSo
12-17-2004, 06:32 PM
Pretty snide comment about Doug, which is a bad example but other than that how can you blame him? I think he's better anyway. If we kept Lee and traded Konerko, I would've been for the Millar era to begin.

StockdaleForVeep
12-18-2004, 02:29 AM
:KW
"Doug who? Oh it dont matter, he wont be at the game(all star game) here in july anyway"

Soxzilla
12-18-2004, 02:31 AM
:kw
"Doug who? Oh it dont matter, he wont be at the game(all star game) here in july anyway"
My favorite Kenny moment of all time.:cool:

Jabroni
12-18-2004, 02:35 AM
My favorite Kenny moment of all time.:cool:http://ps2.sportsline.com/mlb/story/6336601
"I think they should take the All-Star game away from them, honestly," Mientkiewicz said last week after a fan ran onto U.S. Cellular Field last and tried to tackle an umpire, just seven months after a father and son attacked Kansas City coach Tom Gamboa.

"You can't be having first base coaches and umpires getting attacked. That's ridiculous," Mientkiewicz said.

Williams responded the next day by saying: "Doug Who? He doesn't have to worry about making the All-Star game, anyway.":)