PDA

View Full Version : Jared Washburn

Rudy Law
12-17-2004, 12:20 AM
I read that if the Angels land Clement, they would like to trade Washburn........I think the clip said he makes 7million......What do you think about him as a possiblity, if not Clement...He can be a 15-17 game winner...and be a real soild #3
..I like this rotation

#1 Garcia
#2 Buehrle
#3 Washburn
#4 Contreras
#5 Garland

c4birdiemaker
12-17-2004, 12:26 AM
he stinks now. another shoney. id rather have milton for 1m more. looks like penny is gettin traded to zona in the unit deal. if i knew he was available, i would have put him @ the top of the list. he beat the jankees in the ws and is better than every fa this yr other than petey

Jabroni
12-17-2004, 12:26 AM
If the Angels sign Clement, I'd rather just sign Odalis Perez. Why would we trade for Washburn when we can just sign a pitcher who is actually better?

c4birdiemaker
12-17-2004, 12:27 AM
trueIf the Angels sign Clement, I'd rather just sign Odalis Perez. Why would we trade for Washburn when we can just sign a pitcher whom is actually better?

Tragg
12-17-2004, 12:29 AM
Okay, if they take Schoenweis for him.

It just doesn't sit right - they outbid us for a pitcher; then we have to give them players in order to get the pitcher that is replaced by the one we both wanted.

mdep524
12-17-2004, 12:33 AM
Okay, if they take Schoenweis for him.

It just doesn't sit right - they outbid us for a pitcher; then we have to give them players in order to get the pitcher that is replaced by the one we both wanted.
Yeah, talk about adding insult to injury. Just go get Odalis Perez!

hi8is
12-17-2004, 12:36 AM
only problem is... say clement signs with.... uhhhh.... boston... that means that at least the following will be in an ALL OUT FREAKIN WAR for perez:
toranto
chisox
cleveland
angles
tigers
+ more

mdep524
12-17-2004, 12:42 AM
only problem is... say clement signs with.... uhhhh.... boston... that means that at least the following will be in an ALL OUT FREAKIN WAR for perez:
toranto
chisox
cleveland
angles
tigers
+ moreNot in the world of KW algebra!

:KW
If other teams are pushing hard for A, then we will swoop in under the radar and try to get B. That way all the other teams will compete against themselves and bid up the price for A while we have little competition for B and sign him before the losers of the A race look for a fallback. Solve for X.

c4birdiemaker
12-17-2004, 12:47 AM
L.a has been crippled. that wasnt a good offense to begin with..now green, beltre AND penny....he woulda been awesome here:(:

California Sox
12-17-2004, 12:49 AM
Also, there is some thought that the Angels will have to non-tender Washburn in the event they sign Clement, so we wouldn't have to trade to get him. But I think Washburn would be better adevised to head to Detroit or Seattle or the NL because if he plays half his games in the Cell with his 89 mph high heat he'll give up 40+ homers and have an ERA in excess of 5.

SouthSide_HitMen
12-17-2004, 01:49 AM
Terrible fit with the Sox - A big Fly / HR pitcher - would get killed in the Cell.

Soxzilla
12-17-2004, 04:24 AM
Terrible fit with the Sox - A big Fly / HR pitcher - would get killed in the Cell.
That certainly hasn't shown from the times he's pitched against us at the Cell.:D: