PDA

View Full Version : R J Deal DONE!

Mongo
12-16-2004, 08:19 PM
I just saw on espn that rj to the yanks for vasqez and 2 prospects to LA for Green and Penny to the dbacks

OG4LIFE
12-16-2004, 08:20 PM
new at wsi posting big time rumor?

:troll

soltrain21
12-16-2004, 08:20 PM
So the Dbacks get Penny and Green?

meh

santo=dorf
12-16-2004, 08:21 PM
:threadsucks

:whiner: :whiner: :whiner:

That rumor in the roadhouse better be true.

Palehose13
Just heard it on WSCR. Source is NY Newsday?

Kogs35
it is on espnews

MRKARNO
12-16-2004, 08:22 PM
This is more than a rumor I think. There's lots of reports all over the web.

santo=dorf
12-16-2004, 08:22 PM
new at wsi posting big time rumor?

:troll
No I saw it on ESPNEWS.

D'Backs get Green, Penny, and Brazoban.

Jabroni
12-16-2004, 08:24 PM
"Yanks reach a deal for Randy"
http://www.newsday.com/sports/ny-sprandy1217,0,3877851.story?coll=ny-homepage-big-pix
The Yankees would receive the 41-year-old Johnson in the deal while sending pitcher Javier Vazquez and two minor-league prospects, catcher Dioner Navarro and third baseman Eric Duncan, to the Dodgers, according to an Arizona source. The Dodgers would send pitchers Brad Penny and Yhency Brazoban and outfielder/first baseman Shawn Green to Arizona to complete the deal.

MRKARNO
No I saw it on ESPNEWS.

D'Backs get Green, Penny, and Brazoban.
They did pretty damn well in this deal

OG4LIFE
my bad...

MRKARNO
12-16-2004, 08:26 PM
To the Yankees:
Randy Johnson

To the Dodgers:
Javier Vazquez
Dioner Navarro
Eric Duncan

To the Diamondbacks:
Shawn Green
Brad Penny
Yhency Brazoban

According to Newsday at least

If this is true, I think the Yankees came just ok here, though I think Vazquez would have reverted to form. The Yanks were saving Navarro and Duncan for a trade and they got RJ out of it, a flashy name who will solidify their rotation

The DBacks....they picked up a lot of salary in this move? How did they manage to do that? Green will help their offense immediately. Penny fills Johnson's rotation hole adequately IMO without too big of a dropoff to a guy like Garland. Brazoban can probably step in and be a solid closer for them on day one. They definitely didnt get screwed to hell like the Sexson or Schilling deals.

The Dodgers acquired a Lo Duca replacement in Navarro and a Beltre replacement in Duncan. Will they be as good? Hell no, but they'll save a boatload of money in the process. They shed Green's 16 million, but picked up that of Vazquez. He's going to have a really good year next year in Chavez Ravine. The thing they have now and what they didnt have before is lots of money for FAs. (edit: maybe not that much) This might make them the favorites for Beltran.

chisoxmike
12-16-2004, 08:28 PM
Just saw it on ESPN too, "Yankees agree in 'principal' it said". Oh well, hopefully we'll make some news tomorrow regarding completing our rotation too. :smile:

kittle42
12-16-2004, 08:30 PM
I am relieved we no longer have to worry about KW trading the farm for Johnson or Vazquez.

jabrch
12-16-2004, 08:38 PM
Dodgers did a great job being the middleman in this. I wish we were in their shoes.

soltrain21
12-16-2004, 08:39 PM
I am relieved we no longer have to worry about KW trading the farm for Johnson or Vazquez.

Just becuase Javier got traded doesn't mean he wouldn't get traded again.

bigredrudy
12-16-2004, 08:41 PM
According to Newsday RJ is now a Yankee. Arizona gets Green and Penny and the Dodgers get Vasquez and two prospects from the Yankees.

Palehose13
12-16-2004, 08:41 PM
Agreed.

Whew!

ChiWhiteSox1337
12-16-2004, 08:46 PM
I hope the Dodgers didn't save enough $$$ to sign Clement by dumping Green, but they did pick up vazquez. Does anyone know if the yankees sent cash to the dodgers along with vazquez?

infohawk
12-16-2004, 08:51 PM
Well, at least we didn't surrender too many players/prospects to get RJ! :D:

MarkyBear
12-16-2004, 08:53 PM
Going to be a media event when RJ faces Schilling for the first time next year!

soltrain21
12-16-2004, 08:56 PM

Crap...I hope they don't face each other....ever.

santo=dorf
12-16-2004, 08:57 PM
I can't wait for the non-stop coverage on ESPN!!!

:chunks

ChiSoxRowand
12-16-2004, 08:59 PM
I guess the one positive thing that can come out of this is there is one less team for Sosa to go to.

SomebodyToldMe
12-16-2004, 09:00 PM
Don't they open up the season against each other? I may be wrong, but I thought I read that somewhere.

But if it's true, there's gonna be ESPN specials on this starting in spring training.

HITMEN OF 77
12-16-2004, 09:03 PM
ESPN news just reported, RJ may not go now. He's happy in AZ. Hmmmm....

ChiSoxRowand
Don't they open up the season against each other? I may be wrong, but I thought I read that somewhere.

But if it's true, there's gonna be ESPN specials on this starting in spring training.
Schilling will be out about a month though.

MarkyBear
I can't wait for the non-stop coverage on ESPN!!!

:chunks

I agree soltrain21...

& I bet it'd be safe to say they'll start talking about it as soon as the Press Conference is held...

Boy-oh-boy, are they ever chomping at the bit now...

Can't we get like a ESPN Midwest channel or something!?!

mdep524

Yup, I'm pretty sure- Opening Night, Sunday, ESPN. Yankees vs. Red Sox. Johnson vs. Schilling. Peter Gammons will call it the most important moment in American sports history.

SomebodyToldMe
12-16-2004, 09:05 PM
Schilling will be out about a month though.
Ahhhh. You're right. I forgot about that.

MarkyBear
12-16-2004, 09:07 PM

Yeah, but like ChiSoxRowand said, Curt is expected to miss the first month or so...

Just checked their schedule and you could look at a possible "confrontation of the 2" on May 27-29 in Yankee Stadium...

So start avoiding ESPN, well NOW, but REALLY avoid it come May!

soltrain21
12-16-2004, 09:09 PM
I wouldn't doubt that Peter Gammons calls the game along with someone else.

SomebodyToldMe
12-16-2004, 09:10 PM
Another article on the trade.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylc=X3oDMTBpa2lpNnFzBF9TAzk1ODYxNzc3BHNlYwN0 bQ--?slug=rjohnsontrade&prov=st&type=lgns

Apparently, they've agreed in principle.

idseer
12-16-2004, 09:26 PM
I am relieved we no longer have to worry about KW trading the farm for Johnson or Vazquez. very with you on this.
even if vazquez DID still become a sox somehow, at least i no longer worry about the sox destroying themselves for 1 year of a 41 year old pitcher who would cost way too much and likely help the sox finish in 3rd place anyway.

i hope the yanks choke on him. :cool:

kruzer31
12-16-2004, 09:27 PM
Dont know if any of you subscribe to Sports Weekly, formerly Baseball Weekly but i recieved mine today and in the Majore League Report there is a big article on the Sox title, "White Sox may be angling for the Big Unit". Bob Nightengale of Sports Weeky says, " If you want a real shocker, try to imagine Randy Johnson pitching in a CWS uniform next season.
He goes on to say that after the Lee trade the Sox are focusing their attention to Johnson. In the article he goes on to say and I quote, "Randy Johnson's agents privately told the White Sox last week that HE WOULD accept a trade to White Sox, sources close to the negotiations told Sports Weekly. He says their stiffest competition is the Yanks, but he notes that they have already signed Wright and Pavano. He then says the Dbacks, according to a high ranking executive are asking the White Sox for starter Jon Garland, a starting OF, Ryan Sweeny, Damaso Marte, and perhaps another prospect. He goes on to say the White Sox are cautiously optamistic that they can pull off the impossible and bring in RJ. He also has a side note of saying that Johnson is neighbors with Jerry Reinsdorf in Paradise Valley, AZ.

I didnt see anyone post this and if you dont believe me pick up a copy at 7-11 or JJ Peppers in chicago. The newspaper is a 1.50 and has a picture of Robert Ferguson on the cover titled Lambeau Love.

Another thing i heard today is that the sox have made an offer to Clement and he would love to stay in chicago. I think Joe Cowley said this on the score tonight with Mike Murphy.

Jeff

Hokiesox
12-16-2004, 09:29 PM
If it doesn't involve Sweeney or a starting OF, do it. Find some kind of alternative. Maybe AZ needs $$$$. Send Cash JR!

Anyway, good to be back on the site after a long absence...

soltrain21
12-16-2004, 09:30 PM
Nice to see you came out from under your rock.

R.J. just got traded to the Yankees.

Palehose13
12-16-2004, 09:31 PM
:?:

Wasn't it just reported that RJ is going to the Yanks?

kruzer31
12-16-2004, 09:35 PM
Just read about RJ going to the Yanks, to whoever posted to me about coming out under my rock, bite me. Sorry im not a computer dweeb and scour the internet every minute of my life. The deal just was reported less then an hour ago and i had not checked roto world. I was just passing some info along so no need to be a jagbag. Later

JEFF

Flight #24
12-16-2004, 09:36 PM
:?:

Wasn't it just reported that RJ is going to the Yanks?
Apparently there's now a report that RJ may reject the deal. Maybe he now just wants to come to Chicago?

Actually, theres some sense that he may now want to stay in Zona, but I'd guess this is him angling for an extension.

soltrain21
12-16-2004, 09:38 PM
Just read about RJ going to the Yanks, to whoever posted to me about coming out under my rock, bite me. Sorry im not a computer dweeb and scour the internet every minute of my life. The deal just was reported less then an hour ago and i had not checked roto world. I was just passing some info along so no need to be a jagbag. Later

JEFF

hmmm...ok then

Palehose13
12-16-2004, 09:43 PM
Apparently there's now a report that RJ may reject the deal. Maybe he now just wants to come to Chicago?

Actually, theres some sense that he may now want to stay in Zona, but I'd guess this is him angling for an extension.
:wired: Stop the Madness!!!!

MarkyBear
12-16-2004, 09:45 PM
:wired: Stop the Madness!!!!

Where's that Tony guy with the REAL updates from his friends!?!
:rolleyes: :D:

kruzer31
12-16-2004, 09:45 PM
There is no deal for RJ. Green will not waive his no trade clause to go play in AZ. The sports weekly article may now have even more truth to it. RJ may be saying that he is happy in AZ cuz he is sick of all the b.s. with they yankees trying to get him. Go get him KW, he will make the central division foes look SILLY

JEFF

soltrain21
12-16-2004, 09:47 PM
No trade clauses really make me mad. The days of the "superstar" are rather annoying.

Jabroni
12-16-2004, 09:49 PM
There is no deal for RJ. Green will not waive his no trade clause to go play in AZ. The sports weekly article may now have even more truth to it. RJ may be saying that he is happy in AZ cuz he is sick of all the b.s. with they yankees trying to get him. Go get him KW, he will make the central division foes look SILLY

JEFFAnd where did you hear this, your cousin? :tongue:

Palehose13
12-16-2004, 09:49 PM
Where's that Tony guy with the REAL updates from his friends!?!
:rolleyes: :D:
You got that right! I just may start a ChiSoxTony fan club. :cool:

DMarte708
12-16-2004, 09:52 PM
Yup, I'm pretty sure- Opening Night, Sunday, ESPN. Yankees vs. Red Sox. Johnson vs. Schilling. Peter Gammons will call it the most important moment in American sports history. I can seriously picture the Sportscenter prelude to the matchup:

-Introduction: Menancing music plays. Narrator begins to explain prior examples of Yankee/Boston rivalry. Included is prior brawls, mishaps between the two teams, Boston rallying from 3-0 deficit in the ALCS.

Clip 1: Assortment on video showing Schilling/Johnson celebrating World Series victory.
Clip 2: Video of Schilling putting on Boston Red Sox hat, holding World Series title, while Johnson is shown throwing perfect game, in addition to noticeable frustration from pitching on Arizona. Next clip shows Johnson shaking hands with Steinbrenner, putting on Yankee jersey.
Clip 3: Very quick collection of Johnson/Schilling striking out players. Narrator includes comment such as "The greatest rivalry in sports just took another step."

:puke

MRKARNO
12-16-2004, 09:52 PM

JEFF
Does the "Sports Weekly" article reflect the Troy Glaus signing, the Ortiz signing and the fact that Penny would be coming along with him?

ChiSoxRowand
12-16-2004, 09:55 PM

JEFF
Shawn green is jewish and the reason he wanted to go to LA was that they had a big jewish population.

FightingBillini
12-16-2004, 09:57 PM
Shawn green is jewish and the reason he wanted to go to LA was that they had a big jewish population.
Im sure there is a large jewish population in Arizona. They retire there like everyone else.:D:

Palehose13
12-16-2004, 09:59 PM
Here is the latest from ESPN:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1947995

There was no confirmation from any of the teams that a deal had been finalized.

"We're still in conversations with a lot of different clubs about a lot of different possibilities," Dodgers general manager Paul DePodesta said earlier in the day. "We have talked about some three-way deals and some four-way deals.

"I don't know if it's going to happen or not," he said.

kruzer31
12-16-2004, 10:00 PM
It is now reported that Green will waive the clause and the RJ deal to NY is on and official. Courtesy of rotoworld.

jeff

Jabroni
12-16-2004, 10:06 PM
It is now reported that Green will waive the clause and the RJ deal to NY is on and official. Courtesy of rotoworld.

jeffThe latest news at RotoWorld.com says that neither RJ nor Shawn Green have waived their no-trade clauses yet...

http://rotoworld.com/content/home_mlb.asp?sport=MLB
Randy Johnson - S - ARZ

The AP and TSN are confirming that the three-team Randy Johnson trade is about to become complete.
Assuming Randy Johnson and Shawn Green agreed to waive their no-trade clauses, that is. Neither player has weighed in yet, and it's unlikely that a deal will become official tonight. All sources are suggesting that the trade would shape up as originally reported. Johnson would get his reported wish to join the Yankees. The Diamondbacks would receive Brad Penny, Shawn Green and Yhency Brazoban, and the Dodgers would pick up Javier Vazquez, Eric Duncan and Dioner Navarro. Dec. 16 - 10:44 pm et

Source: The Associated Press

Palehose13
12-16-2004, 10:10 PM
And now I get this from Rotoworld.

ESPN's Jayson Stark believes the three-team Randy Johnson may not get done because it was contingent on the Dodgers being able to re-sign Adrian Beltre.
If he's right, then the breaking news was old news, because the deal would have had to have been agreed to prior to today. For the Dodgers, this deal only makes sense as an extreme effort to free up money, which would then have to be used on a star. Carlos Beltran would be a viable alternative to Beltre, but it's unclear whether the Dodgers have had any talks with Scott Boras about him. Dec. 16 - 11:07 pm et

MarkyBear
12-16-2004, 10:10 PM
I can seriously picture the Sportscenter prelude to the matchup:

-Introduction: Menancing music plays. Narrator begins to explain prior examples of Yankee/Boston rivalry. Included is prior brawls, mishaps between the two teams, Boston rallying from 3-0 deficit in the ALCS.

Clip 1: Assortment on video showing Schilling/Johnson celebrating World Series victory.
Clip 2: Video of Schilling putting on Boston Red Sox hat, holding World Series title, while Johnson is shown throwing perfect game, in addition to noticeable frustration from pitching on Arizona. Next clip shows Johnson shaking hands with Steinbrenner, putting on Yankee jersey.
Clip 3: Very quick collection of Johnson/Schilling striking out players. Narrator includes comment such as "The greatest rivalry in sports just took another step."

:puke

Meh, they'll prolly use the old "Battle of the Network Stars" or the "ABC Wild World of Sports" theme music for it...

:whiner:

MarkyBear
12-16-2004, 10:14 PM
And now I get this from Rotoworld.

It looks like ESPN is the only ones that are saying this deal may not happen, first ESPNews and then Jason Starks...All while Newsday, AP and TSN are saying it's good to go, hhhmmm...

EDIT: Sorry for the dub post... :redface:

Dick Allen
12-16-2004, 10:26 PM
With this trade and the Mets signing Pedro, the boys at ESPN are really peeing all over themselves.

Jabroni
12-16-2004, 11:13 PM
MLB.com has an article on the trade now...

"Blockbuster report: Big Unit to NY
Vazquez would go to L.A.; Green to Arizona"
http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/news/mlb_news.jsp?ymd=20041216&content_id=923561&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp

Kogs35
12-16-2004, 11:16 PM
MLB.com has an article on the trade now...

"Blockbuster report: Big Unit to NY
Vazquez would go to L.A.; Green to Arizona"
http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/news/mlb_news.jsp?ymd=20041216&content_id=923561&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp
just remember what they say at the every collumn written on mlb.com

Barry M. Bloom, Steve Gilbert and Tom Singer, reporters for MLB.com, and The Associated Press contributed to this report. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.

Rocklive99
12-16-2004, 11:34 PM
I hope the Dodgers didn't save enough $$$ to sign Clement by dumping Green, but they did pick up vazquez. Does anyone know if the yankees sent cash to the dodgers along with vazquez?
If this gets done, I am guessing they would spend the money to get in the Beltran sweepstakes or probably Varitek? This would mean they lose Green, Beltre, Finley in an offense that was already quesitonable

Flight #24
12-16-2004, 11:36 PM
If this gets done, I am guessing they would spend the money to get in the Beltran sweepstakes or probably Varitek? This would mean they lose Green, Beltre, Finley in an offense that was already quesitonable
They just got Navarro, I doubt they'd prioritize signing an older catcher to a long term deal. As someone else posted - the best part of this (if true) is that there's one less Sosa destination - and hopefully less of a chance for the Chubs to get Beltran if the Dodgers are dealing to get a better shot at him.

Jabroni
12-16-2004, 11:36 PM
If this gets done, I am guessing they would spend the money to get in the Beltran sweepstakes or probably Varitek? This would mean they lose Green, Beltre, Finley in an offense that was already quesitonableBeltran.

ilsox7
12-16-2004, 11:39 PM
FWIW, espn.com reports that the deal is not done and is actually losing momentum.

ESPN says it won't happen, so expect it to be a done deal tomorrow (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1947995)

popilius
12-17-2004, 12:01 AM
Aren't all these media outlets the same ones that said (for 3 days) that Omar Vizquel was coming to the White Sox? I don't know who to trust- I'll have to wait til I see The Big Unit actually wearing a Yankees uniform at a press conference. :?:

ChiSoxRowand
12-17-2004, 12:17 AM
on http://www.dodgerblues.com they are saying Green is hesitant to waive his no trade clause. They said the report was from ESPN.com.

Foulke You
12-17-2004, 12:41 AM
Y'know...after last year's Nomar/Magglio/A-Rod fiasco, I don't believe any deal is "a done deal" until the ink is dry on the paperwork. Let's hope this deal falls apart and the D'backs come crawling back to KW with much lesser demands. Heck, I'd be happy if RJ just didn't end up in Yankee pinstripes at this point.:(:

Jabroni
12-17-2004, 12:49 AM
on http://www.dodgerblues.com (http://www.dodgerblues.com/) they are saying Green is hesitant to waive his no trade clause. They said the report was from ESPN.com.Yep...

Randy Johnson wants to pitch for the Yankees, but he won't come gift-wrapped. A three-team deal proposed Thursday and involving the Dodgers is not imminent. Part of the hang-up appears to be Shawn Green's affection for Los Angeles.

StillMissOzzie
12-17-2004, 02:18 AM
To summarize that ESPN link, this deal isn't done just yet:

1) Green still not sure about waiving his no-trade clause
2) The Dodgers want $$$ from the Yankees for Vasquez (3 yrs/ $34M)
3) The D-Backs want $$$ from the Yankees, too (to cover Green @ $16M?)
4) And of course, RJ will want an extension

Doesn't it seem odd that RJ is hot to trot to get out of AZ but wants an extension, which has to be some sort of obstacle to at least some suitors.

It was posted earlier in this thread that no-trade clauses for "superstars" were somehow a bad thing. If you were a FA and could go to any of several teams, wouldn't you want to have some security that the team you decided to sign with wouldn't go cheap and do a major salary dump or some other undesirable stuff? I would think that most big-ticket FA's would insist on some no-trade protection.

SMO
:gulp:

longshot7
12-17-2004, 02:24 AM
This trade sucks for the Blue Crew. They lose their two biggest producers (Beltre, Green) in one week, plus who did they get for trading LoDuca? Freakin' nobody.

Oh well, I'd rather them get fleeced than the Sox.

Flight #24
12-17-2004, 06:32 AM
It was posted earlier in this thread that no-trade clauses for "superstars" were somehow a bad thing. If you were a FA and could go to any of several teams, wouldn't you want to have some security that the team you decided to sign with wouldn't go cheap and do a major salary dump or some other undesirable stuff? I would think that most big-ticket FA's would insist on some no-trade protection.

SMO
:gulp:
Somehow I don't think RJ's worried about the Spankees "going cheap"....."going dumb" maybe, but certainly not cheap! :rolleyes:

samram
12-17-2004, 07:47 AM
This trade sucks for the Blue Crew. They lose their two biggest producers (Beltre, Green) in one week, plus who did they get for trading LoDuca? Freakin' nobody.

Oh well, I'd rather them get fleeced than the Sox.
Agreed. I've gotta think that DePodesta is going to get hammered out there if this trade goes through since he is basically supplying talent to AZ so NY can get Johnson, while they get prospects and one starting pitcher who wasn't very good last year. On the other hand, maybe they have freed up enough money to go for Beltran.

Champs2004
12-17-2004, 07:54 AM
Karma always strikes in deals like this. This will end up as the second coming of A-Rod, except this time the Yankees get screwed in the end. Someone else will end up with RJ. (maybe KW?)

wdelaney72
12-17-2004, 08:37 AM
I think the big piece of this is Shawn Green.

Last year AZ sucked and the Dodgers made the playoffs. Why would Shawn Green agree to go to a bad team who just lost the best pitcher in baseball when he could stay and play for a contender?

At this point, I want to see RJ and AZ have to suffer with each other. I don't want RJ in New York.

MisterB
12-17-2004, 09:55 AM
I think the big piece of this is Shawn Green.

Last year AZ sucked and the Dodgers made the playoffs. Why would Shawn Green agree to go to a bad team who just lost the best pitcher in baseball when he could stay and play for a contender?But Arizona just got Glaus and Clayton and Ortiz. And you say they're not contenders.

:tongue:

Dan H
12-17-2004, 10:04 AM
I never believed Johnson was coming to the White Sox. Now that this is official, Sox fans can stop acting like Cub fans and return to reality.

Iwritecode
12-17-2004, 12:56 PM
I never believed Johnson was coming to the White Sox. Now that this is official, Sox fans can stop acting like Cub fans and return to reality.

Actually Dan, it's not official. Johnson is still a Diamondback at the moment.

Foulke You
12-17-2004, 01:21 PM
Espn is reporting that the RJ deal could be expanding to include a 4th team. There is no hint at who the 4th team could be. I wonder if KW has re-entered this mix? Link to the story is below:

Clement's beard
12-17-2004, 01:26 PM
Woah boy. Will Carrol just said on sporting news radio that the Cubs have entered the mix and are prepared to offer Sosa, Farnsworth and Guzman to the Diamond backs. In turn the cubs would get Johnson and ship him to the yankees for Vasquez. Carroll said the cubs want Beltran and need to dump Sosa to make it happen.

HOLY MOLY!

Flight #24
12-17-2004, 01:30 PM
Woah boy. Will Carrol just said on sporting news radio that the Cubs have entered the mix and are prepared to offer Sosa, Farnsworth and Guzman to the Diamond backs. In turn the cubs would get Johnson and ship him to the yankees for Vasquez. Carroll said the cubs want Beltran and need to dump Sosa to make it happen.

HOLY MOLY!
DBacks take on salary.....get a shrinking Sham-me, and a good pitching prospect with no ML performance record.

I can only assume that Moorad's response was :roflmao:

Jjav829
12-17-2004, 01:35 PM
DBacks take on salary.....get a shrinking Sham-me, and a good pitching prospect with no ML performance record.

I can only assume that Moorad's response was :roflmao:
Will Carrol also said that Steve Stone was coming to the Sox and gave us some list of supposed Beltran offers which included the Sox.

Stick to trying to analyze baseball, Will. Your inside sources (if they are even real) suck. I'd sooner trust kruzer's cousin's cell phone friend.

Clement's beard
12-17-2004, 01:37 PM
I agree on Carroll. Now that I think about it, I don't ever remember him being right.:cool:

samram
12-17-2004, 01:46 PM

HOLY MOLY!
Something tells me this has to do with Green not accepting a trade and that being the sticking point. The money issues can usually be worked out, especially when everyone is asking the Yankees to pay the salaries. I don't want to see the Cubs get Beltran though. Not because I think he would bring them a WS, just because of how the media up there would handle it.

Oh, one reason Green would go to AZ is that Moorad, who will be their president effective 1/1/05, is his former agent. Actually, it would be kind of interesting if Moorad had to deal with some big contracts his former clients signed when he represented them.

Ol' No. 2
12-17-2004, 01:52 PM
Something tells me this has to do with Green not accepting a trade and that being the sticking point. The money issues can usually be worked out, especially when everyone is asking the Yankees to pay the salaries. I don't want to see the Cubs get Beltran though. Not because I think he would bring them a WS, just because of how the media up there would handle it.

Oh, one reason Green would go to AZ is that Moorad, who will be their president effective 1/1/05, is his former agent. Actually, it would be kind of interesting if Moorad had to deal with some big contracts his former clients signed when he represented them.Wasn't Moorad Vazquez' agent at one time. That didn't carry a lot of weight.

samram
12-17-2004, 01:56 PM
Wasn't Moorad Vazquez' agent at one time. That didn't carry a lot of weight.
I meant that Green may waive his no trade clause to go there because of it. That doesn't seem to be the case though.

ChiSoxRowand
12-17-2004, 02:44 PM
They also said on sporting news radio last night that the deal was agreed to before the Dodgers lost Beltre. LA needs to ask for more because the deal probably won't happen without them. They are the ones who should be holding the deal up.

Jjav829
12-17-2004, 03:45 PM
I see Gammons believes that the Dodgers may drop out of this trade. Perhaps if we don't land Clement, KW will look back into getting involved in this trade, filling the Dodgers role.

ESPN's Peter Gammons believes that the Dodgers may drop out of the three-team deal sending Randy Johnson to the Yankees.
Even if they don't, Shawn Green's desire for a contract extension in exchange for waiving his no-trade clause might wreck things. The Yankees may have to find another third team to send talent to Arizona. They likely will end up with Johnson, though.

TheBull19
12-18-2004, 03:39 AM
I see Gammons believes that the Dodgers may drop out of this trade. Perhaps if we don't land Clement, KW will look back into getting involved in this trade, filling the Dodgers role.

[/color]
Is it just me, or are the Dodgers getting totally ripped in this deal? Why are they giving up the most for the Yankees to pick up RJ?

wdelaney72
12-18-2004, 01:47 PM
I agee, I don't see how this trade improves the Dodgers.

samram
12-18-2004, 04:40 PM
Is it just me, or are the Dodgers getting totally ripped in this deal? Why are they giving up the most for the Yankees to pick up RJ?
Good question. It is silly that they are basically supplying the talent the DBacks need to send RJ to NY. Maybe they want to free up money for Beltran or Drew.

Jabroni
12-18-2004, 04:57 PM
ESPN 1000 is reporting:

1.) The deal is done in principal.
2.) Shawn Green and RJ have "reportedly" waived their no-trades.
3.) Both Green and RJ are in the process of negotiating extensions with their new teams (the waiving may be contingent upon this).
4.) Selig will have to sign off on the trade "due to the amount of cash changing hands from the Yankees to the Dodgers."