PDA

View Full Version : anyone tired of Fox announcers' butt-kissing?

cheeses_h_rice
10-15-2001, 09:27 PM
Christalmighty, if they're not spending 5 minutes discussing Roger Clemens' physique, they're defending his "head-hunting" style of chickensh*t baseball (cf. Yanks/Mets game where he beaned Piazza in the head).

You can tell these guys don't want the A's to win. It's a subtle vibe coming through most everything they're saying. Just another reason to root all the harder for the A's...

FarWestChicago
10-15-2001, 09:30 PM
The Fox announcers are annoying at best.

Spiff
10-15-2001, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
Christalmighty, if they're not spending 5 minutes discussing Roger Clemens' physique, they're defending his "head-hunting" style of chickensh*t baseball (cf. Yanks/Mets game where he beaned Piazza in the head).

You can tell these guys don't want the A's to win. It's a subtle vibe coming through most everything they're saying. Just another reason to root all the harder for the A's...

Um yes. How about this gem, "You know that saying, 'Johnny on the Spot?' Well they should change that to 'Derek on the Spot."

Chisox_cali
10-15-2001, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Wh1teSox00

Um yes. How about this gem, "You know that saying, 'Johnny on the Spot?' Well they should change that to 'Derek on the Spot."

It really wouldnt have been that bad if it was "Jeter on the Spot"
at least they would have had the "J" at the beginning. But still a horrible comment

FarWestChicago
10-15-2001, 09:42 PM
They are getting worse. That incredible running out of a dropped third strike thing was ridiculous.

Spiff
10-15-2001, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
They are getting worse. That incredible running out of a dropped third strike thing was ridiculous.

No kidding huh. Steve Lyons says "I would venture to guess that most players wouldn't run that out."

Uh, what games have you been watching?

cheeses_h_rice
10-15-2001, 09:47 PM
Great. More f*cking Yankee luck -- Tino Martinez distracting Chavez just enough that he muffs the grounder.

And with my most hated Yankee at bat, too -- Scott "Hi, Normally I Suck!" Brosius.

Damn!

Daver
10-15-2001, 09:50 PM
Now you know why I have watched little of the playoffs,I already hit one TV with an axe,I need to save the other one.Steve Lyons?PPPUUUHHHHLLLLEEEEZZZEEE.

cheeses_h_rice
10-15-2001, 09:53 PM
Steve Lyons just credited Bernie Williams' "hustle" for the Yankees 3-2 lead.

Uh, no, Steve. I think I'd chalk that up to the 2 ERRORS that the A's made in the field, you dolt. Even Paul Konerko could have "hustled" to first on that first error of the inning.

Sheesh.

GASHWOUND
10-15-2001, 10:08 PM
How did the yankees score? I was watching something else. It was 2 nill Oak, and next thing you know, its 3-2 yanks...4-2 yanks. What happened. This is not looking good.

Spiff
10-15-2001, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND
How did the yankees score? I was watching something else. It was 2 nill Oak, and next thing you know, its 3-2 yanks...4-2 yanks. What happened. This is not looking good.

Sloppy defense and some lucky bounces. Then a Jeter sac fly.