PDA

View Full Version : Mark Buehrle on ESPN1000

Jjav829
12-16-2004, 03:58 PM
Tune it in. Buehrle will be on with MJH at 4:00. I believe he is in studio. They're going to ask him about Carlos Lee.

www.espnradio1000.com (http://www.espnradio1000.com/) for those who want/need to listen online.

Palehose13
12-16-2004, 03:58 PM
Jjav got it covered...

knocko94
12-16-2004, 04:00 PM
Beuhrle-mon on with MJH

Listen Live

http://www.espnradio1000.com/listenlive.asp

knocko94
12-16-2004, 04:00 PM
darn, just beat me

Jjav829
12-16-2004, 04:02 PM
Jjav got it covered...
We must have posted at the exact same time. It took your thread title, but made my post first. :?:

soxfan43
12-16-2004, 04:04 PM
keep us working folks updated, i'm interested in what he thinks about the trade and other possible moves. hopefully harry doesn't jerk him around too much.

knocko94
12-16-2004, 04:04 PM
that's technology for ya :dunno:

Rocky Soprano
12-16-2004, 04:07 PM
He's been shooting deers, about 62 of them, this off-season.

Carlos Lee Move: Big Change for the team, now we have speed, its sad that we lost Carlos. In regards to Mark saying Carlos was selfish, Mark never said anything like that. Carlos is going to be missed. Maybe some other players or coaches felt he was selfish.

Rocky Soprano
12-16-2004, 04:08 PM
He wonders why Foulke didnt save games for the Sox like he did for the Red Sox.

Flight #24
Ouch. When asked about Foulke, he says "I just wondered where those #s were when he was with us".

Jabroni
Buehrle said that the newspaper story about him saying Carlos Lee was selfish was inaccurate. However, he did say that there are players, coaches, and management that think Lee was selfish.

Flight #24
12-16-2004, 04:09 PM
Wow. "You're saying Keith Foulkie was bitching? He did worry about the money issue a lot instead of performing on the field".

:o:

(Teal added by Mark to that first comment).

Brian26
12-16-2004, 04:09 PM
Buehrle is on the phone, not in the studio.

Brian26
12-16-2004, 04:10 PM
Buehrle thinks Davis and Burke view themselves as backup catchers.

Buehrle mentions some guys on the Sox hate AJ, so that situation would have to be taken care of if he comes to the Sox.

Tekijawa
12-16-2004, 04:11 PM
Buehrle is on the phone, not in the studio.
Do they Know where he's at or is he at an undisclosed location like Kenny is? I bet he's in St Louis working out a trade for Pujols for Garland and Konerko!

Brian26
Buehrle thinks guys who take steroids are "bs" because it is cheating.

He wants to vote for stronger steroid testing.

Jabroni
Jeez, Buehrles doesn't hold anything back.

Now they are talking about Pierzynski. Buehrle said that some Sox players have had problems with A.J. in the past but if KW signs him, it is to make the team better and they will get along for the purpose of winning.

Rocky Soprano
Foulke worried too much about money instead of performing when on the Sox.

Will look to keep his hits down next season. He is going to shoot for one hit per inning. Try not to fall behind the count, attack the strike zone.

Davis/Burke: They will share catching duties.

On AJ: Might be welcome, some guys on the team probably wont like him, but as long as he helps the team it will be fine.

On Steroids: Its a bunch of BS, all these player cheating. BS, that they do that stuff. Its bad for baseball.

Palehose13
12-16-2004, 04:12 PM
We must have posted at the exact same time. It took your thread title, but made my post first. :?:
That's not my title... :o:

-Doesn't know where Cowley got his stuff from...wasn't from MB's mouth.
-Some guys probably thought CLee was selfish, but he is not going to name names.
-Thoughts on Foulke in playoffs: Wish he would have pitched like that with us.
-Foulke sometimes worried about his contract more than his performance on the field.
-Thinks Davis and Burke both think that they are back up catchers...one probably won't catch 140 games/season.
-Seems ok with the idea of AJ

Brian26
12-16-2004, 04:12 PM
Buehrle is handing out toys at Roosevelt University.

soltrain21
12-16-2004, 04:13 PM
Talked about deer hunting.

Hunts with Rick White and Matt Ginter (I bet Rick didn't hit anything).

Thinks the trade gets rid of a lot of homeruns but likes the speed that Pods brings. Sad to see Carlos and his HR production leave.

Just read that article, said Carlos is a great guy and that stuff never came from his mouth. Said a few guys thought he was selfish guy, even some coaches.

Ripped on Keith Foulke and he didn't peform for the Sox (zinged him good). Talked about how closers never work out for the Sox.

Haha...says Foulke bitched a lot.

Him and Coop are trying to improve in the hit columns. Wants to work on giving up less hits.

Thinks that both Burke and Davis think of themselves as BU catchers.

Would welcome A.J. Thinks he would fit in during the club as long as he wanted to win.

He thinks the steroid stuff is B.S. Thinks it is cheating, bad for the sport of baseball.

Talked about players voting for stronger steroid policy.

Brian26
12-16-2004, 04:16 PM
Interesting stuff...

Mac ripping on Cowley because Cowley didn't talk about the rumors of Carlos Lee being difficult earlier in the season. He wants to know why he didn't bring it up in June if he knew about it.

Palehose13
12-16-2004, 04:19 PM
Interesting stuff...

Mac ripping on Cowley because Cowley didn't talk about the rumors of Carlos Lee being difficult earlier in the season. He wants to know why he didn't bring it up in June if he knew about it.
And I have to agree with Harry's reasoning...Cowley didn't want to damage any relationship he had with Lee or any other member of the White Sox. It's safer now that he is gone.

bennyw41
12-16-2004, 04:30 PM
And I have to agree with Harry's reasoning...Cowley didn't want to damage any relationship he had with Lee or any other member of the White Sox. It's safer now that he is gone.
But now he is damaging his relationship with MB? Doesn't sound like he is doing anything other than trying to sell papers.

Palehose13
12-16-2004, 04:32 PM
But now he is damaging his relationship with MB? Doesn't sound like he is doing anything other than trying to sell papers.I'm not defending him, just adding what else was said. I think it is reasonable to believe that Cowley sat on the story because he didn't want to get the cold shoulder from his connections to the white sox. Maybe it isn't as risky now that CLee is gone. I'm not saying this is the way it is, he could just be trying to sell newspapers...just exploring all avenues.

Ol' No. 2
12-16-2004, 04:36 PM
What he said (more or less): "I didn't say he was selfish, but other people have said it."

Reading between the lines: "#*$&!!! Cowley wasn't supposed to say I said it. The last thing I need is to have my teammates wondering what I'm saying about them. But Carlos was a jerk. I'll just lay it off on 'other people'."

Tekijawa
12-16-2004, 04:39 PM
What he said (more or less): "I didn't say he was selfish, but other people have said it."

Reading between the lines: "#*$&!!! Cowley wasn't supposed to say I said it. The last thing I need is to have my teammates wondering what I'm saying about them. But Carlos was a jerk. I'll just lay it off on 'other people'."
I would have thought that also had he not bad mouthed Foulke in the same segment....

Ol' No. 2
12-16-2004, 04:49 PM
I would have thought that also had he not bad mouthed Foulke in the same segment....Maybe, but what he said about Foulke was a lot more indirect.

SpartanSoxFan
12-16-2004, 04:53 PM
In reguards to this alleged friction between Carlos and Mark, didn't they used to hang out outside of baseball? I could've sworn someone posted on here last summer that they saw Carlos and Mark hanging out at the TGIF in Lombard...

Foulke29
12-16-2004, 05:10 PM
Ouch. When asked about Foulke, he says "I just wondered where those #s were when he was with us".
WHAT!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Foulke29
12-16-2004, 05:12 PM
You know - Foulke did put up those numbers in 1998, 1999 and 2000. Then Manuel started playing the "Who's closing tonight?" game.

soltrain21
12-16-2004, 05:16 PM
You know - Foulke did put up those numbers in 1998, 1999 and 2000. Then Manuel started playing the "Who's closing tonight?" game.

He only played that game after Foulkey got bombed and was moved to mop-up duty. He let his contract worries get in the way.

He needed that contract though, how else was he going to pay for those braces?

Palehose13
12-16-2004, 05:18 PM
He only played that game after Foulkey got bombed and was moved to mop-up duty. He let his contract worries get in the way.

C'mon Foulkey wasn't getting hit! He did nothing to earn his demotion.

Foulke29
12-16-2004, 05:24 PM

He went through one tough streak and was demoted. Manuel didn't bring him back after his numbers were lights out. Now, I'm all for sticking a fork into a guy that's done - ala Billy Kroch, but when you have a closer, you stick with that closer until you're sure he's spent.

Jjav829
12-16-2004, 05:28 PM
That's not my title... :o:

I know, you misspelled Buehrle so I changed it to my title. :tongue:

And as Brian pointed out, Buehrle was indeed on the phone, not in studio. My first post was wrong.

Palehose13
12-16-2004, 05:33 PM
I know, you misspelled Buehrle so I changed it to my title. :tongue:
Yeah...saw that and changed that. Stupid dyslexia... :cuss:

Jerome
12-16-2004, 07:46 PM
WHAT!?!?!?!?!?!?!

LOL!

OurBitchinMinny
12-16-2004, 09:52 PM
Foulke was not that good when he was here. I remember when the trade for koch went down, most sox fans i knew were happy. In hindsight, it was a bad deal, but foulke was not close to what he was with boston last year, plus he bitched a lot

maurice
12-17-2004, 02:05 PM
Foulke was not that good when he was here.
:?:

Compared to what? During his time with the Sox, Foulke saved 100 games and posted a 2.something ERA. In fact, he hasn't had an ERA over 3.00 since 1998, despite pitching 77-105 innings each year. That's ridiculously good.

He definitely was whiney, but what good Sox player hasn't been accused of that?

PaulDrake
12-17-2004, 02:16 PM
We really like to savage our departed players around here don't we?

PaleHoseGeorge
12-17-2004, 02:35 PM
We really like to savage our departed players around here don't we?
The tribal mentality is not very flattering.

Foulke is gone. He won a championship with somebody else. He personally pitched the final outs. Good for him.

Like Buehrle, I regret Foulke didn't do it here. But given the back stabbing that goes on inside the clubhouse (egged on by the insufferable curmudgeons of the local media?), I can certainly understand why he might not have gotten it accomplished here.