PDA

View Full Version : More Internet rumors: evine reports that RJ may be dealt before day is done

Champs2004
12-16-2004, 01:42 PM
I surfed Soxtalk.com and they said Levine is reporting that RJ could be dealt before the day is out. Where he's going is another story

mweflen
12-16-2004, 01:44 PM
Oh boy. I hope this thread doesn't become a mammoth 800 poster like the CLee/Pods one...

OurBitchinMinny
12-16-2004, 01:44 PM
not here.....and if he does you know we will vastly overpay for him

Kogs35
12-16-2004, 01:45 PM
its the ap levineline is taking it off of

Champs2004
12-16-2004, 01:46 PM
DO IT KENNY!!! Champions pay the price for glory!

mweflen
12-16-2004, 01:48 PM
Not here, not for the price AZ is reportedly asking...I understand that RJ is the next best thing to sliced bread and all, but is he going to post a 0.50 ERA and win 30? Because that's what we'll need if we ship out Konerko right after losing Maggs, Carlos and possibly Frank...

OurBitchinMinny
12-16-2004, 01:50 PM
Dont forget he is 41 years old. One, maybe two years you get out of him at the most for what will be a large price. No question he would help, but you would lose an awful lot.

Ol' No. 2
12-16-2004, 02:18 PM
I don't see the Sox getting RJ. As muc as I'd like to have him, the price is just to high. Unless the price goes down considerably, I don't see Kenny doing it. If the Sox are involved, it's more likely a 3-way. The D-backs are not that big on getting Vazquez because he might bolt after 2005. Most likely the Sox will wind up with Vazquez for Garland and maybe a prospect.

kittle42
12-16-2004, 02:20 PM
What's with taking rumors off the internet about something supposedly said on radio and then people discussing whether it's true or not? You wanna know if it was said? - turn on the radio.

Kogs35
12-16-2004, 02:24 PM
What's with taking rumors off the internet about something supposedly said on radio and then people discussing whether it't true or not? You wanna know if it was said? - turn on the radio.
i think u got it backwards they take it off the internet and put it on the radio

Mickster
12-16-2004, 02:30 PM
WSCR - I've listened to 2 updates and no mention of it.

I'm tuning into AM1000 next.

Smells a little fishy...

Kogs35
12-16-2004, 02:32 PM
WSCR - I've listened to 2 updates and no mention of it.

I'm tuning into AM1000 next.

Smells a little fishy...
wscr=world suckiest, and crappiest radio

whitesoxwilkes
12-16-2004, 02:32 PM
What's with taking rumors off the internet about something supposedly said on radio and then people discussing whether it't true or not? You wanna know if it was said? - turn on the radio.
Kittle, do you practice being a jagbag or does it just come naturally?

When was the last time you posted something that wasn't some know-it-all remark?

Mickster
12-16-2004, 02:46 PM
AM1000 update makes no mention of RJ, Clement, etc.

They did, however mention that the sox have interest in newly released AJ Perzhfjdgfjtyuopqa and plan on talking with him.

kittle42
12-16-2004, 02:49 PM
i think u got it backwards they take it off the internet and put it on the radio
Who, reporters?

kittle42
12-16-2004, 02:56 PM

When was the last time you posted something that wasn't some know-it-all remark?
Hmm...

12-9-04 at 4:44pm re: Hawk winning a broadcasting award.

But there were sure a hell of a lot of posts between then and now - you definitely have a point.

I think that I just have gotten so frustrated with these rumor threads that instead of expressing frustration once, I have taken to doing it several times per thread.

I will make a note of my negative :dtroll: ing.

Jurr
12-16-2004, 03:17 PM
Yeah..I also love all of the nose in the air grammatical corrections. But, we should be honored to be amongst such an elite mind.

CHISOXFAN13
12-16-2004, 03:25 PM
FWIW, Michael Golnick just mentioned on the 2:20 Srortscenter update that the White Sox have had no disccusions about RJ for five days.

Take it for what its worth.

kittle42
12-16-2004, 03:28 PM
Yeah..I also love all of the nose in the air grammatical corrections. But, we should be honored to be amongst such an elite mind.
At the risk of getting this run to the Outhouse, I don't consider myself elite at anything nor do I turn my nose up at anyone. In fact, I hate snobs.

However, I do think people should be able to apply sixth grade English. Sorry to take out my frustrations on the rest of you.

kittle42
12-16-2004, 03:29 PM
FWIW, Michael Golnick just mentioned on the 2:20 Srortscenter update that the White Sox have no had disccusions about RJ for five days.

Take it for what its worth.
:bandance:

voodoochile
12-16-2004, 03:37 PM
Yes and I love all the crappy rhetorical simpleminded attempts at humor. <---------Teal

You are really on a role today, Jurr. Looking for a fight? I'm available...:?:

Baby Fisk
12-16-2004, 03:38 PM
Yeah..I also love all of the nose in the air grammatical corrections. But, we should be honored to be amongst such an elite mind.I'm with Kittle.

if your gona rite on a boarde messages make at least it more better understanding than here this sentense?

SOXit2EM
12-16-2004, 03:39 PM
According to Ken Rosenthal of TSN. The Yanks, Dodgers, and D'Backs are working on a three way deal that would send Shawn Green to the D'backs, Johnson to the Yanks, and Javier Vasquez to the Dodgers. If this is true, and with the Red Sox now actively pursuing either Hudson or Burnett in a trade. I see the Chisox as having the inside track on Clement, even more so now that the Angels also signed Byrd...We'll see :cool:

santo=dorf
12-16-2004, 03:41 PM
That's a horrible deal for Arizona. Wouldn't they rather have Jon Garland?

Soxzilla
12-16-2004, 03:42 PM
I seriously hate the diamondbacks.

They would rather have shawn green (16 million) over either Garland (3.5 million) or Konerko (8 million)?

Are you kidding me? At least with Garland you only waste a few million on a bum ... rather then the 16 with green.:cool:

CHIsoxNation
12-16-2004, 03:48 PM
According to Rotoworld

TSN's Ken Rosenthal believes the Dodgers could send Shawn Green to Arizona in a three-team deal that would get Randy Johnson on the Yankees.
Javier Vazquez would go to the Dodgers, and we assume Los Angeles would have to send Edwin Jackson and cash to Arizona. The Diamondbacks would also want prospects from the Yankees.

That's ok, I still want the Sox to get Clement!

santo=dorf
12-16-2004, 03:53 PM
Rosenthal also said that Hudson was traded to the Cardinals. :?: (not today.)

Iwritecode
12-16-2004, 03:54 PM
for a fight? I'm available...:?:

Great! I'll start.

You can't spell and your momma dresses you funny. :tongue:

MRKARNO
12-16-2004, 04:11 PM
Rosenthal also said that Hudson was traded to the Cardinals. :?: (not today.)
I've found that Rosenthal has been by far the most accurate of these guys this offseason. He was the only one who slaw the Lee trade with Milwaukee coming. If true, the White Sox will definately have a great shot at either Perez or Clement.

SOXSINCE'70
12-16-2004, 04:39 PM
AJ Perzhfjdgfjtyuopqa:reinsy

"Dammit!! Too many letters!! That's even more than Podsednik!!
If you make the team,you're definitely paying for the
lettering on your jersey,pal.What am I made of,money?!?!??":rolling: :rolling:

longshot7
12-16-2004, 05:07 PM

YAY WILKES!!! You tell 'em!

ondafarm
12-16-2004, 05:46 PM
Oh boy. I hope this thread doesn't become a mammoth 800 poster like the CLee/Pods one...
355 chief. Only 3 tomatos not 8. But hey, a man can dream !!!!

Tekijawa
12-16-2004, 05:47 PM
355 chief. Only 3 tomatos not 8. But hey, a man can dream !!!!
7X Tomato... Wrong thread...

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=42708

Joosh
12-16-2004, 06:00 PM
Johnson could go to yanks in four-team blockbuster!

http://msn.foxsports.com/story/3254634

Involving Yanks, Dbacks, Dodgers, and....

Rockies

Jurr
12-16-2004, 06:01 PM
Just reported on ESPN 1000.

hold2dibber
12-16-2004, 06:02 PM
Ummm...you mean in regard to Randy Johnson, or is this a general reference, or reference to another trade, or what?

Jurr
12-16-2004, 06:02 PM
Apparently, the Dodgers are going to be bringing in the Shawn Green card to help out with the three way.

Palehose13
12-16-2004, 06:04 PM
Good. I know that Johnson is as close to Jesus Christ as one could get...but I didn't want the Sox to give up half the team this year plus a few prospects for a year or two of the big unit. What good would it do to bring Johnson in if the Sox started the year with 4 AAA players in the everyday line up? :dunno:

Jurr
12-16-2004, 06:04 PM
What the sportscenter update said was the Sox are no longer part of any of the Yankees three way scenarios, and that the Dodgers are entering the fray with a possible move of Shawn Green. The only other rumored three way (from NY Post) involved Hudson, who is now Braves' property. So, it looks like we're not getting Vazquez.

Palehose13
12-16-2004, 06:05 PM
In regards to what? Johnson?

Yes, and Vasquez.

MRKARNO
12-16-2004, 06:06 PM
I havent heard many good scenarios regarding our involvement in the Randy Johnson talks (the best was only Konerko, and that's really unlikely). I hope this report is true and the White Sox are focusing their efforts to actually fill the gaping 5th starter hole we have by signing Clement or Odalis.

Mohoney
12-16-2004, 06:07 PM
Another year of Jon Garland?

:chunks

soltrain21
12-16-2004, 06:07 PM
Maybe the three way talks are over because Clement or Odalis are getting to ready to sign the dotted line with us?

Who knows anymore. Deep down I really hate the hot stove.

Ol' No. 2
12-16-2004, 06:08 PM
Anyone else wondering why the D-backs are helping out the Dodgers, and vice versa? Seems to me the Dodgers do pretty well in this deal. They don't have to look at RJ 5 times a year, they unload Green's contract, and they improve their pitching staff. What's in it for the D-backs? The money is even between Green and RJ. So they get Chacon and maybe some cash from LA. That's it?

MRKARNO
12-16-2004, 06:09 PM

Would you prefer Jason Grilli, Scott Schoenweis and the 5th starter carousel again? Garland in the 5 spot is infinitely preferable than that.

Palehose13
12-16-2004, 06:09 PM
I think he is a really good pitcher to have in the 5 spot.

Jabroni
12-16-2004, 06:10 PM
I think he is a really good pitcher to have in the 5 spot.Agreed.

Mohoney
12-16-2004, 06:14 PM
Would you prefer Jason Grilli, Scott Schoenweis and the 5th starter carousel again? Garland in the 5 spot is infinitely preferable than that.No. I would prefer trading turdman to get Vazquez and a boatload of Steinbrenner's money ($12-15 million over 3 years), and then signing Odalis Perez. I would prefer a 40% new rotation.

Everybody has this vision of Jon Garland being a 5th starter, and I just don't see it happening. As long as this guy is here, he will be counted on to win 15+ games by the powers that be.

I just want this mental midget out of my life already.

mdep524
12-16-2004, 06:18 PM
I'll agree that some of the rumored three-ways looked not so good from the Sox perspective, and I'd sure like to see KW sign Odalis or Clement... But at the same time I really think a bona fide ace was what this team really needed to be World Serious.

Randy Johnson and Tim Hudson, those are the guys that could really make a difference and not only bump Garland to number 5, but move every other starter down a spot also.

kittle42
12-16-2004, 06:23 PM
I'll agree that some of the rumored three-ways looked not so good from the Sox perspective, and I'd sure like to see KW sign Odalis or Clement... But at the same time I really think a bona fide ace was what this team really needed to be World Serious.

Randy Johnson and Tim Hudson, those are the guys that could really make a difference and not only bump Garland to number 5, but move every other starter down a spot also.
But Garland would have likely left in either of those trades.

mdep524
12-16-2004, 06:32 PM
But Garland would have likely left in either of those trades.
True, but you're still strengthening the top, and most important, part of your rotation. Come playoff time, it's more important to have RJ/Hudson as your number 1 than to have Jon Garland as your number 5. Plus, once you upgrade at the top, there are a plethora of options to look at to be a number 5 starter. There just aren't that many great number 1s.